Copper Clad Laminates Market
Copper Clad Laminates Market (Reinforcement Fiber: Glass Fiber Base, Paper Base, and Composite Base; Resin: Epoxy, Phenolic, Polyimide, Polyester [PET], Fluoropolymer/PTFE, Polyphenylene Ether [PPE], Polyphenylene Oxide [PPO], and Others; and Form: Rigid and Flexible) - India Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2021-2031
Press Release :
eCommerce Help Revive Market Growth amid COVID-19 Pandemic
The coronavirus outbreak has disrupted business activities globally. This is being reflected in the India copper clad laminates market. Poor market sentiments are lowering the demand for electronic products. This has naturally dipped the demand for copper clad laminates that are used in electronic products and for embedded capacitance among other applications. Despite logistics and transportation challenges, manufacturers are strengthening their sales through eCommerce and company-owned websites to keep the revenue flowing.
In order to ensure business continuity, companies in the India copper clad laminates market are providing remote customer support. They are focusing on mission-critical projects and applications by ensuring steady supply of products. Medical devices, building & construction projects, and other essential electronics applications are helping manufacturers to gain buoyancy during the pandemic.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports Ask for a Sample
Biodegradable Release Composites for PCB Applications Gain Prominence
The India copper clad laminates market is expected to exceed US$ 3.6 Bn by 2031. However, the competition is intensifying in the India copper clad laminates market to adopt sustainable practices to ensure future resource utilization and waste reduction in the market and in the printed circuit board (PCB) industries. Ahlstrom-Munksjö - a global provider of sustainable and innovative fiber-based solutions, is gaining awareness of this opportunity within a challenge and has introduced OptiLayup™, a 100% cellulose-based release composite for copper clad laminate applications.
There is a growing demand for biodegradable release composites for use in copper clad laminate and PCB applications. This is evident since consumable release sheets are an important aid for many demanding lamination processes, including copper clad laminate and PCB pressing.
Get an idea about the offerings of our report from Report Brochure
Reduced Impedance in Systems Being Achieved with Thin Copper Clad Laminates
Thin copper clad laminates are being specifically designed for use as embedded capacitance materials in multilayer rigid PCBs. Companies in the India copper clad laminates market are increasing their production capabilities in these products to offer the best mechanical strength, reliability, and capacitance stability in PCBs. With the help of thin copper clad laminates between the power and ground planes in a power distribution network (PDN), manufacturers and designers can reduce the modal resonances and lower the inductance between power and ground planes.
Thin copper clad laminates help reduce the impedance in the system and decrease the number of required surface mount capacitors. This is being achieved since these type of laminates are low-profile electrodeposited (ED) copper laminated and are thin polyimide-based dielectric products. This dielectric is engineered to have a superior adhesion to copper than conventional glass-reinforced materials utilized in rigid boards.
Crisis in Supply of PCBs Affects Market Growth during Ongoing Coronavirus Pandemic
Electronic component manufacturers are facing a crisis in the supply of PCBs due to the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak. This is impacting the price of raw materials and affecting the lead-time of end-use products. Such trends are affecting growth of the India copper clad laminates market. In 2020, it has been found that copper output from the mines has witnessed a year-on-year drop due to the pandemic. Though annual copper demand is projected to surge, declining rate of copper deposit recovery poses a long-term threat to copper supply.
Companies in the India copper clad laminates market are facing a stiff competition from China-based copper suppliers, since these suppliers are more aggressive on price increase. Due to the ongoing crisis and poor market sentiments, many laminate vendors in India have stopped the supply of laminates for 2 layer PCB. Hence, stakeholders in India are adopting contingency planning to strategically allocate their investments, manpower, and other resources.
High Frequency PCB Designs Drive Demand for Copper Clad Laminates
Manufacturers in the India copper clad laminates market are bolstering their output capacities in rigid PCB copper clad laminates. FR-4 (flame retardant) copper clad laminate is a type of rigid PCB substrate composed of woven fiberglass cloth with an epoxy resin binder.
The fabrication of advanced multilayer PCBs is creating stable revenue streams for manufacturers in the India copper clad laminates market. Manufacturers are increasing awareness that high frequency PCB designs require extremely precise controls on dielectric constant, trace widths, and dielectric thickness, which is being achieved with the help of copper clad laminates.
Specialty Resins Crucial in PCBs to Support Growing 5G Network Infrastructure
The rapidly growing 5G network infrastructure in Asia is creating lucrative opportunities for companies in the India copper clad laminates market. SABIC (Saudi Basic Industries Corporation) has announced to boost production capacity of its specialty NORYL™ SA9000 resin to support the rapid growth of PCBs used in 5G base stations of Asia. The increased availability of specialty resins is benefitting manufacturers in the India copper clad laminates market to help reduce lead times. Such trends are helping laminate manufacturers to achieve greater flexibility to meet client requests for quick turnarounds.
Specialty resins are in important component in copper clad laminates used in PCBs for the 5G infrastructure segment. Stakeholders are increasing their investment in specialized materials and resins to support the global adoption of 5G network.
Manufacturers Comply with Stringent PCB Requirements in Automotive Applications
The ultra-connected world is anticipated to make future life easier at homes, in cars, and to expand virtual environments. It has been found that low-loss materials play a crucial role in high frequency applications. Since substances with high dielectric constants break down more easily when subjected to intense electric fields, manufacturers are increasing the availability of low dielectric constants involving copper clad laminates. Hence, companies in the India copper clad laminates market are unlocking growth opportunities in autonomous vehicles.
Automotive radar and automated driver-assistance systems (ADAS) are fueling the demand for copper clad laminates. Crash avoidance systems are dependent on radar, which requires high frequency PCBs, and is translating into revenue opportunities for copper clad laminate manufacturers. Manufacturers are adhering to stringent PCB requirements for automotive applications by avoiding the use of anodic filaments in PCBs to prevent shorts between copper clad laminates and conductive traces.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Copper Clad Laminates Market for Performance OEM , ask for a customized report
Stakeholders in the market are witnessing a year-on-year drop in copper output from mines due to COVID-related issues. Moreover, besides India, Taiwan-based copper foil suppliers are facing a stiff competition from China to increase the prices of copper clad laminates and related products & materials.
The India copper clad laminates market is estimated to clock a favorable CAGR of ~6% during the forecast period. However, copper clad laminates are subject to stringent requirements in automotive applications. Manufacturers should avoid anodic filaments in PCBs, as defects in the dielectric can lead to shorts between copper clad laminates and conductive traces.
India Copper Clad Laminates Market: Overview
- Demand for high performance halogen-free copper clad laminates has been increasing for the past two decades. Copper clad laminates possess excellent properties such as higher thermal resistance, higher Tg, and low CTE, lower water absorption for higher conductive anodic filament (CAF) resistance and reliability. These properties make it an ideal raw material in the manufacturing of PCBs.
- Rapid developments in telecommunication technology to well beyond 10Gbps and the ubiquitous application of mobile interconnections all over the world in the past few years have fuelled the demand for signal integrity, which is determined by dielectric properties, dielectric constant (Dk), and dissipation factor (Df)
- Copper clad laminates are specifically designed for use as embedded capacitance materials in multilayer rigid printed circuit boards. They offer the best mechanical strength, reliability, and capacitance stability on the market.
- Copper clad laminate (CCL) applications are increasing in the hardware industry; hence, it is used as raw material for printed circuit board (PCB) manufacturing. PCB could be countered as foundation to manufacture numerous electronic products such as TV, radio, PCs, and other devices. Therefore, rise in production of PCB is anticipated to boost the CCL market. The electrical industry, especially PCB application, accounts for nearly a quarter of the global CCL business share.
- Copper clad laminates are laminates of paper or glass fabric used to make PCBs. A laminate is a multiple layer of paper or glass fabric that has been joined/fixed together using a resin. A foil of copper is laminated on the top of the sheet (either on one side or both sides) to provide current carrying capability to the laminate.
Key Drivers of India Copper Clad Laminates Market
- Demand for PCBs is rising in several end-use industries. PCBs are devices used to connect electronic components through signal traces, tracks, and conductive pathways in a copper sheet laminated with non-conductive substrate. Electronic components assembled on PCBs include connectors, diodes, resistors, capacitors, and other radio devices, which are connected to one another throughout a PCB.
- Copper clad laminates (CCL) are extensively utilized in the hardware industry, and are also used as a key raw material for manufacturing PCBs that are generally utilized in manufacturing various electronic products such as radios, TVs, mobiles, and PCs. Demand for these products is increasing significantly in India due to rapid digitization, growing disposable income, and favorable demographics, which, in turn, is expected to boost the consumption of copper clad laminates during the forecast period.
- Developments in electronic machines, semiconductor fabrication technology, and electronic assembly technology is a leading factor driving the copper clad laminates market in India
Major Challenges for India Copper Clad Laminates Market
- High prices of copper clad laminates and uncertain apparel demand are restraining the market in India. Raw materials such as fluoropolymer, copper foil, coupling agent, glass fibre mat, and other resins are required for the manufacture of copper clad laminates. The cost of these raw materials is considerably high, which, in turn, increases the overall production and distribution cost of copper clad laminates. High cost of production and distribution of copper clad laminates is a major factor restraining the copper clad laminates market in India.
- Lack of universal directives pertaining to applications of copper clad laminates is expected to restrain the market during the forecast period. In India, every state has different directives pertaining to applications of copper clad laminates. Companies find it difficult to deal with these state-wise regulations, which, in turn, discourage investment in the copper clad laminates market. This is estimated to hamper the market during the forecast period.
Lucrative Opportunities for Players Operating in India Copper Clad Laminates Market
- Increase in penetration of copper clad laminates in existing applications is expected to create lucrative opportunities for players operating in the copper clad laminates market in India during the forecast period
- India is on the cusp of a digital revolution powered by increasing broadband and Internet penetration, exponential data uptake, Government’s focus on digitalization, and increasing trend of technology adoption across industries. This revolution is likely to generate significant opportunities, boost industrial productivity, and has the potential to transform the socio-economic fabric of the country.
Leading Players in India Copper Clad Laminates Market
- Major manufacturers of copper clad laminates in India are
- Comet Impreglam LLP
- Signour Laminates (India) Pvt. Ltd.
- Sumitomo Bakelite Company Limited (SBHPP)
- Chang Chun Plastics
- Shanghai Nanya Copper Clad Laminate Co. Ltd.
- Hangzhou and Liansheng Insulation Co. Ltd.
- Manufacturers of copper clad laminates in India are adopting various organic and inorganic growth strategies such as mergers & acquisition, new product launches, strategic collaborations, expansion, and joint ventures to expand their product portfolio and business operations
India Copper Clad Laminates Market – Scope of Report
The latest study collated and published by Transparency Market Research (TMR) analyzes the historical and present-day scenario of the copper clad laminates market in India to gauge its growth potential. The study presents detailed information about important growth factors, restraints, and key trends that are creating a landscape for the growth of the copper clad laminates market in India. The study also identifies growth avenues for stakeholders. The report provides insightful information about how the copper clad laminates market in India is likely to expand during the forecast period of 2021 to 2031.
The report offers intricate dynamics about different aspects of the copper clad laminates market in India that aid companies operating in the market in making strategic decisions. TMR’s study also elaborates on significant changes that are highly anticipated to configure the growth of the textile industry with respect to the copper clad laminates market in India during the forecast period. It also includes a key indicator assessment to highlight growth prospects of the copper clad laminates market in India and estimates statistics related to growth of the market in terms of volume (sq. meter) and value (US$ Mn).
The study covers a detailed segmentation of the copper clad laminates market in India, along with key information and a competition landscape. The report mentions company profiles of key players operating in the copper clad laminates market in India, wherein various developments and expansion, and winning strategies practiced and executed by leading players have been presented in detail.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Report on India Copper Clad Laminates Market
The report provides detailed information about the copper clad laminates market in India on the basis of comprehensive research on various factors that are playing a key role in accelerating the growth of the market. Information mentioned in the report answers path-breaking questions for companies that are currently operating in the market and are looking for innovative methods to create a unique benchmark in the copper clad laminates market in India that would help them design successful strategies and make target-driven decisions.
- Which reinforcement fiber segment is expected to generate maximum revenue in the copper clad laminates market in India during forecast period?
- Which resin segment of the copper clad laminates market in India would emerge as a leading revenue generator during the forecast period?
- Which form segment of the copper clad laminates market in India would emerge as a leading revenue generator during forecast period?
- What would be the Y-o-Y growth rate of the copper clad laminates market in India between 2021 and 2031?
- What are winning imperatives of frontrunners in the copper clad laminates market in India?
Research Methodology – India Copper Clad Laminates Market
The research methodology adopted by analysts for compiling the report on the copper clad laminates market in India is based on detailed primary as well as secondary research. With the help of in-depth insights of the market-affiliated information that is obtained and legitimated by market-admissible sources, analysts have offered riveting observations and authentic forecasts of the copper clad laminates market in India.
For primary research, analysts have interviewed market stakeholders, investors, brand managers, vice presidents, and sales and marketing managers. Based on data obtained through interviews of genuine sources, analysts have emphasized the changing scenario of the copper clad laminates market in India.
For secondary research, analysts have scrutinized numerous annual report publications, white papers, market association publications, and company websites to obtain the necessary understanding of the copper clad laminates market in India.
India Copper Clad Laminates Market – Segmentation
TMR’s research study segments the copper clad laminates market in India in terms of reinforcement fiber, resin, form, and region. The report presents extensive market dynamics and growth trends associated with different segments and explains how they are influencing the growth of the copper clad laminates market in India.