In Situ Hybridization Market: Introduction
- In situ hybridization is a technique used to label complementary DNA, RNA, or modified nucleic acids strand. The technique helps localize specific DNA or RNA sequence in the small cross-section of tissues or an entire tissue. Hybridization technique is frequently employed for the location of specific nucleic acid sequences on chromosomes or in tissues to understand the organization, regulation, and function of gene.
- The In situ hybridization technique expands the capabilities to satisfy any therapy needs and enable a new diagnostic, treatment application for patients suffering from cancer or other chronic diseases. Its unique technology in rapid detection of aneuploidies during prenatal stage ensure better functional ability to detect abnormalities related to birth defects or mental disorders. However, inability of probes to detect targeted sequences after few repeats can lead to use of insufficient probes in few regions. This is likely to restrain the adoption of in situ hybridization technique in laboratories.
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Global In Situ Hybridization Market
- Cases of cancer have been rising globally for the last few years. Extensive studies have been conducted related to human diseases for the last few decades, which have recognized recurrent genomic abnormalities as potential propelling factors for a variety of cancers. Cytogenetic assays, including ISH, help assists in integration of IHC and DNA FISH to complete the in situ toolset for researchers to develop, discover, and implement new-generation diagnostic procedures. Direct imaging of gene expression in situ at the RNA level provides a unique insight into the interplay between cancer cells and the tumour microenvironment while the cancer is in progression. As per GLOBOCAN, in 2018, 43.8 million people were suffering from cancer and 9.6 million deaths occurred due to the cancer. Additionally, approximately 18.1 million new cases were recorded in 2018. The incidence of cancer could increase up to 29.5 million, with a mortality rate of 16.5 million by 2040.
- Furthermore as per the research conducted by McMaster University (Canada), the incidences of haemophilia has tripled to reach 1,125,000, as compared to previous estimates of 400,000. The most affected countries are France, Canada, Italy, Australia, the UK, and New Zealand. This increase is likely to boost the market.
- In developed countries, high-quality molecular diagnostic tests are already available. However, in developing countries, the cost of these diagnostic technologies are higher, which often makes them unaffordable for a large part of the population. However, the lack of a commercial market for diagnostic procedures has resulted in the availability of a small number of diagnostic tests in emerging economies. Consequently, developing countries including India, Brazil, and China, offer significant opportunities for MDx-based technology (including ISH) due to a rise in the geriatric population, increase in incidences of infectious diseases and various types of cancers, expansion of healthcare infrastructure, and surge in investments by respective government bodies and leading players in these countries.
- However, high cost of probes, low detection ability of FISH (fluorescence in situ hybridization) for major abnormalities of patients, and significant time taken by the detection procedures are expected to hamper the in situ hybridization market
North America to Capture Major Share of Global In Situ Hybridization Market
In terms of region, the global in situ hybridization market covers Europe, Latin America, North America, Asia Pacific, the Middle East and Africa. North America dominates the global in situ hybridization market due to an increase in funding for the development of research and healthcare infrastructure and a rise in biomedical research activities in the region. Surge in incidence of chronic diseases and cancer and an increase in the demand for companion diagnostics drive the market in the U.S. This, in turn, is expected to boost the in situ hybridization market in North America.
Europe is the second-largest market for in situ hybridization due to favourable government policies regarding the development of healthcare infrastructure and molecular diagnostic companies engaged in hybridization technique in the region. The market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a high growth rate during the forecast period due to an increase in cancer prevalence and diagnosis, changing lifestyle, rise in awareness among patients, and surge in per capita expenditure. Additionally, economic growth in India, China, and the Philippines supports the health care infrastructure as well as expansion of biotechnology companies and pharma labs in these countries. This is expected to fuel the market in Asia Pacific.
Key Players Operating in Global In Situ Hybridization Market
The global in situ hybridization market is highly fragmented, with the presence of various key players. A large number of manufacturers hold a major share in their respective regions. Major players operating in the global in situ hybridization market are:
- Abbott Laboratories
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- Merck KgaA
- Advanced Cell Diagnostics, Inc.
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche
- Agilent Technologies
- Biogenex Laboratories, Inc.
- Exiqon A/S.
- Bio-Techne Corporation
- Qiagen N.V.
- Danaher Corporation
- Enzo Biochem
- Bio-Rad Laboratories
- Abnova Corporation
- Biocare Medical
- Bio Sb
- Genemed Biotechnologies
- Creative Bioarray
- Biocat GmbH
Global In Situ Hybridization Market: Research Scope
Global In Situ Hybridization Market, by Technology
- RNA FISH
- PNA FISH
- DNA FISH
Global In Situ Hybridization Market, by Application
- Cancer diagnosis
- Infectious diseases
Global In Situ Hybridization Market, by End-user
- Diagnostic laboratories
- Pathology labs
Global In Situ Hybridization Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.