In-mold Electronics (IME): Introduction
- The in-mold electronics technology is a combination of conventional in-mold decorating (IMD) technology with printed electronics
- In-mold electronics (IME) consists of functional parts such as touch sensors, light sources, heaters and antennas to plastic panels
- IME is primarily a film insert process that adds functional parts onto the curved plastic parts, which in turn eliminates the need for the conventional laminating process
- IME is capable of adding surface decoration and function using in-mold decorating (IMD) film, which saves the cost by simplifying the process
- In-mold electronics integrates the functional parts by injection molding process, which saves secondary process and makes the module parts thin and compact
- It removes additional weight and post-processing operations by enabling parts to be directly included in the electronic circuitry during the molding cycle
Rising Demand for In-mold Electronics in Automotive and Aerospace Industries
- In-mold electronics is widely used in the automobile industry for manufacturing instruments, door panels, window and door controls. It helps re-design new shapes of door panels, touch sensors for seat positioning, door heaters and control sensors by using less materials and parts, which in turn reduces production processing steps and saves cost
- In the aerospace industry, IME offers weight reduction by simplifying the design of button and wires and subsequently eliminating considerable amount of wiring and saving space and weight
- IME can offer touch controls in different appliances by eliminating the bulky tech boxes, leading to reduction of waste when printing electronics, less usage of lead, complying with RoHS, and greater cost efficiencies over traditional membrane switch boards
North America to Lead Global In-mold Electronics (IME) Market
- In terms of region, the global in-mold electronics (IME) market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America is anticipated to lead the global in-mold electronics (IME) market due to increased demand for IME in automotive, white goods, and medical device sectors for the creation of smart surfaces within their products
- North America is likely to maintain its dominant position in the global market during the forecast period. The U.S. and Canada are the major contributors for significant expansion of different manufacturing industries due to the presence of large manufacturers, which in turn is estimated to boost the demand for in-mold electronics technology in North America.
- The market in Asia Pacific is also anticipated to expand at a considerable pace due to development of wireless networking technologies and advances in capacitive touch sensors in major countries in the region such as China, India, South Korea, and Japan
- The market in Asia Pacific is also projected to expand due to high preference for wearable, hearable, and other compact consumer electronic devices among consumers in the region
- The in-mold electronics (IME) market in Europe is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period. Furthermore, the in-mold electronics (IME) market in Middle East & Africa, and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global In-mold Electronics (IME) Market
- BotFactory Inc.
- Pulse Electronics Corporation
- MesoScribe Technologies, Inc.
- Butler Technologies, Inc.
- Optomec, Inc.
- Teijin Limited
- nScrypt, Inc.
Global In-mold Electronics (IME) Market: Research Scope
Global In-mold Electronics (IME) Market, by Ink Type
- Silver Conductive Ink
- Carbon Conductive Ink
Global In-mold Electronics (IME) Market, by Application
- Building Automation
- Consumer Products
- Home Appliances
- Actuators and Displays
Global In-mold Electronics (IME) Market, by Industry Vertical
- Consumer Electronics
- Automation Industry
- Aerospace & Defense
Global In-mold Electronics (IME) Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.