In-car Display Screens Market: Introduction
- Vehicle cabins are transforming due to the emergence of digital cockpit and smart-cabin solutions, which provide better communication between the vehicle and its occupants
- In-car display screens are at the core of this transformation and have become an integral part of most vehicles. Automotive display screens are extensively used human-machine interface (HMI) devices to communicate vital information of the vehicle’s performance and other infotainment related information to both the driver and passenger.
- In-car display screens also relay the commands of vehicle occupants to the control units through touch-screen technology in order to perform specific tasks
Key Drivers of In-car Display Screens Market
- Increase in number of traffic accidents have fueled concerns about vehicle safety among consumers. The U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration stated that 6.5 million road-traffic accident were reported across the country in 2017, and a majority of these accidents are caused due to driver distraction. Phone calls, messages, distantly located vehicle controls, and other such factors are primary reasons for driver distraction. Consequently, automakers are developing and integrating in-car display screens that provide all information to driver in his sight. Automotive display systems mounted on dashboards and instrument clusters display multiple information related to reverse parking camera footage, vehicle performance, sensory data, and other such information, which enables the driver to drive the vehicle without getting distracted. Thus, rising awareness about vehicle safety is a major driver of the global in-car display screens market.
- Rise in purchasing power of consumers is boosting the demand for premium and next-generation vehicles. These luxury vehicles have zoning technologies to separate the driver and passenger zones with individualized climate control and entertainment facilities. This multi-zoning trend in vehicles has increased the number of display screens mounted per vehicle. Emergence of connected and autonomous vehicles has further increased the number of displays screens in vehicles, as these vehicles need to frequently communicate vital information with drivers to flawlessly travel from place to place. This integration of multiple displays in premium and next-generation vehicles is propelling the in-car display screens market across the globe.
Challenges in In-car Display Screens Market
- The in-car display screens of vehicles are expensive and hence fitted in high-end vehicles, which limits the application, thereby hampering the global in-car display screens market
Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic on In-car Display Screens Market
- Production and sales of vehicles declined amidst the COVID-19 pandemic and subsequently, the demand for automotive in-car display screens also decreased. However, in the post-COVID phase, demand for these systems is estimated to increase, as governments and automakers are making efforts to regain momentum of the automotive sector.
North America and Europe Hold Significant Share of Global In-car Display Screens Market
- North America and Europe accounted for a significant share of the global in-car display screens market due to the presence of luxury car manufacturers in these regions including Daimler AG, BMW AG, and Tesla. These automakers are increasingly equipping their vehicles with smart cabin and digital cockpit technologies, which increases the number of display screens in vehicles. Daimler AG has replaced the traditional instrument clusters in their vehicles with high definition screens, and their higher-end vehicles such as the S-class are fitted with two display screens as instrument cluster. Furthermore, the governments of some countries in Europe and the U.S. have mandated incorporation of some ADAS features in vehicles. These features require display systems to communicate information with driver, which makes in-car display screens an integral part of vehicles. These factors are fueling the in-car display screens market in Europe and North America.
Key Players Operating in In-car Display Screens Market
The global in-car display screens market is highly concentrated due to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the in-car display screens market are:
- Alpine Electronic, Inc.
- AU Optronics Corp.
- Continental AG
- Denso Corporation.
- FlexEnable Limited
- Garmin Ltd.
- HARMAN International
- Japan Display Inc.
- LG Display Co., Ltd.
- Magna International Inc.
- Mitsubishi Electric Automotive America, Inc.
- Nippon Seiki Co., Ltd.
- Panasonic Corporation.
- Pioneer Corporation
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Visteon Corporation
- YAZAKI Corporation
Global In-car Display Screens Market: Research Scope
Global In-car Display Screens Market, by Display Technology
Global In-car Display Screens Market, by Application
- Instrument Cluster
- Head-up Display (HUD)
- Infotainment Devices
- GPS Navigation
- Rear View Mirror Display
Global In-car Display Screens Market, by Car Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Utility Vehicle
- Light Commercial Vehicle
- Buses & Coaches
Global In-car Display Screens Market, by Definition Type
- High-definition (HD)
- Full High-definition (Full HD)
Global In-car Display Screens Market, by Sales Channel
Global In-car Display Screens Market, by Region
- North America
- Nordic Region
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.