Implantable Cardiac Rhythm Management Device Market: Introduction
- Cardiac rhythm management includes implantable devices which help treat and manage arrhythmia-related diseases such as cardiac arrhythmia, bradycardia, tachycardia, and cardiac synchronization
- Implantable cardiac rhythm management devices include pacemaker, implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD), and cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT). Pacemaker is a small device placed in abdomen or chest. It is used in case of slower heart rate than normal. Implantable cardioverter defibrillators (ICDs) used if the heart beats way too faster than normal.
Key Drivers of Global Implantable Cardiac Rhythm Management Device Market
- Increase in number of patients with cardiac diseases is expected to propel the implantable cardiac rhythm management device market. Cardiovascular diseases were a major cause of deaths in 2018, which accounted for 836,546 deaths in the U.S. That is about 1 in 3 deaths in the U.S. In terms of cardiovascular diseases, coronary heart disease is the most leading cause (43.8%) of deaths in the U.S. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), stroke is the third leading cause of disability, worldwide.
- Technological advancements, such as leadless pacemaker and MRI-friendliness, are expected to drive the implantable cardiac rhythm management devices market. For instance, in 2017, Abbott received an USFDA approval for Assurity MRI Pacemaker, which eliminates pre- and post-scan pacemaker reprogramming.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Implantable Cardiac Rhythm Management Device Market Report
Resynchronization Therapy Product Segment to Witness High Demand
- Based on product, the global implantable cardiac rhythm management device market can be segmented into pacemaker, implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD), and cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT)
- The cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT) segment accounted for the highest share of the implantable cardiac rhythm management device market in 2018. This segment is expected to dominate the implantable cardiac rhythm management device market during the forecast period, owing to rise in demand for CRT products in developed countries and increased awareness about these products.
Hospitals Segment to Witness Significant Growth
- In terms of end-user, the global implantable cardiac rhythm management device market can be divided into hospitals, specialty cardiac centers, and others
- The hospitals segment generated the highest revenue in 2018 and is anticipated to witness growth during the forecast period. This can be attributed to strong product penetration and increase in number of surgical procedures. Furthermore, presence of favorable reimbursement facilities is expected to drive the segment during the forecast period.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Implantable Cardiac Rhythm Management Device Market Report
North America to Dominate Global Implantable Cardiac Rhythm Management Device Market
- In terms of region, the global implantable cardiac rhythm management device market can be categorized into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global implantable cardiac rhythm management device market in 2018 and is expected to maintain its leading position during the forecast period. This dominance of the region can be attributed to increase in incidence of cardiovascular diseases, technological advancement, and rise in geriatric population.
- The market in Asia Pacific is projected to register highest growth during the forecast period, owing to new product launch from major market players and rise in incidence of cardiac arrhythmia
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global implantable cardiac rhythm management device market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Medtronic plc
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- Physio-Control, Inc.
- ZOLL Medical Corporation
Implantable Cardiac Rhythm Management Device Market: Research Scope
Implantable Cardiac Rhythm Management Device Market, by Product
- Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (ICD)
- Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy (CRT)
Implantable Cardiac Rhythm Management Device Market, by End-user
- Specialty Cardiac Centers
Implantable Cardiac Rhythm Management Device Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.