Global Immunosuppressive Drugs Market: Overview
The global immunosuppressive drugs market is likely to rise at healthy rate over the period of forecast, from 2019 to 2027. The growth of the market is mostly ascribed to the rising number of organ transplants, progress made in organ transplant techniques and tissue engineering.
Immunosuppressants find copious use in post organ transplants and in the treatment of various autoimmune diseases like psoriasis, rheumatoid arthritis, and multiple sclerosis. After organ transplant, immunity of the patient need to be subdued to allow body to accept newly planted organ. As such, immunosuppressants find ample use post organ transplant surgery, which drive the market over forecast period.
The global immunosuppressive drugs market makes use of five different parameters for better understanding of the market. These parameters are drug type, route of administration, application, end user, and region. Equipped with such detailed segmentations, the understanding of the market could get better and deeper.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Global Immunosuppressive Drugs Market: Notable Developments
Over the last few years, the global immunosuppressive drugs market has been characterized with some notable developments, one of which is mentioned below:
- In April 2019, GlaxoSmithKline PLC made an announcement of approval of Food and Drug Administration (FDA), US for their newly developed intravenous (IV) formulation of Benlysta. The approval of this new formulation would mean the children in the U.S. would now have an access to this FDA approved, newly developed medication to manage the effects of lupus.
A few of the renowned names in the global immunosuppressive drugs market comprise:
- GlaxoSmithKline PLC
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Accord Healthcare
- Hoffmann-La Roche AG
- Pfizer Inc.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Global Immunosuppressive Drugs Market: Key Trends
The growth of the global immunosuppressive drugs market is likely to be influenced by the below-mentioned growth factors over the forecast period, from 2019 to 2027.
Increase in the Number of Organ Transplants is Likely to Bolster its Demand
With the rise in the number of organ transplants and growing prevalence of autoimmune diseases worldwide, the global immunosuppressive drugs market is likely to gather momentum over the period of review. There has been a substantial rise in the number of organ transplants in the recent years. Transplants for various organs such as pancreas, liver, kidneys, and lungs are on the rise thereby supporting the growth opportunities for the global immunosuppressive drugs market. According to the findings of World Health Organization (WHO), nearly 91,800 kidney transplant procedures, around 6,200 lung transplants and about 30,800 liver transplants took place in 2018. Prominent companies of the world are making efforts to leverage rise in organ transplant procedures, which is likely to add to the growth of the market in times to come
Immunosuppressive drugs play an important role in the success of organ transplant procedures, as the demand for these drugs are bound to rise in near future. Changing lifestyle of people over the years has contributed to the rise in the incidences of autoimmune diseases. Change in dietary habits and lifestyle leads to insufficient sleep, stress, unhealthy eating habits, smoking, and various environmental factors are at play in the rise of autoimmune diseases like celiac disease, lupus, and others. With the rise in autoimmune diseases, the global immunosuppressive drugs market is likely to expand rapidly over the assessment period.
The expansion of the global immunosuppressive drugs market is likely to be hindered by strict approval and regulatory processes. In addition, immunosuppressive drugs generally do not provide complementary treatment of any kind.
Global Immunosuppressive Drugs Market: Geographical Analysis
The global immunosuppressive drugs market is divided into the principal regions of North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa, and Europe. From the regional standpoint, North America is likely to lead the growth of the market over the forecast period owing to a rapid rise in the number of organ transplants. In addition, technological advancement of the healthcare sector coupled with massive investment made in the research and development.
Apart from North America, Europe is likely to emerge as another prominent region. Increased prevalence of autoimmune diseases and rising number of organ transplants in Western Europe is anticipated to drive the market in Europe.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.