Global Immunogenetics Market: Introduction
- Immunogenetics is a branch of medical science that deals with the genetic and molecular basis of immune response
- Immunogenetics consists of two terms ‘immunology’ and ‘genetics’. Immunology represents the biological basis for the body's defense against foreign agents such as biological toxins, bacteria, virus, and fungus, etc. Genetics represents the genes of an organism, and the transfer of genes from the parent to the child generation of an organism in the scope of possible variations.
- Genes are a part of the DNA, which is responsible for different functions. Hence, genetic conditions affect the functioning and development of the immune system, which in turn results in the inability to control infectious pathogens or a vulnerability to autoimmunity or malignancy.
- The primary focus of immunogenetics is the treatment of autoimmune diseases
Key Drivers and Restraint of Global Immunogenetics Market
- According to a study by Medscape, rheumatoid arthritis (RA) affects 3 persons per 10,000 people and the rate of prevalence is estimated to be 1%, which is increasing with age and peaking between the ages of 35 and 50 years. RA affects all populations; however, it is more prevalent in women than men. Increase in incidence rate of RA is projected to drive the global immunogenetics market.
- According to the World Health Organization (WHO), population aged 60 years and above is estimated to increase from 605 million in 2000 to 2 billion in 2050. The geriatric population is more susceptible to autoimmune diseases due to weak immunity. This is expected to increase the demand for immunogenetics, which in turn is likely to boost market.
- Increase in research & development in biopharmaceuticals & biotechnology companies is anticipated to propel the global immunogenetics market during the forecast period
- Technological advancements in the medical industry with respect to immunogenicity and rising awareness among the population about the benefits are projected to drive the global immunogenetics market
- However, high investment involved and stringent rules & regulations by governing authorities are likely to restrain the global immunogenetics market
North America to Lead Global Immunogenetics Market
- In terms of region, the global immunogenetics market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America accounted for a prominent share of the global immunogenetics market in 2019, and the trend is expected to continue in the near future. Expansion of the market can be ascribed to a rise in adoption of immunological drugs and the presence of major pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies in the region.
- Europe was the second-largest market for immunogenetics in 2019 due to a rise in prevalence of autoimmune disease in the region along with the presence of well-established healthcare infrastructure
- The immunogenetics market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the next few years owing to an increase in awareness about immunological and autoimmune diseases and their treatment in countries such as China, India, and Japan
- The market in Middle East & Africa is estimated to expand at a sluggish pace during the forecast period due to a lack of presence of major players and below par healthcare infrastructure in the region
Key Players Operating in Global Immunogenetics Market
- AbbVie Inc.,
- Janssen Global Services, LLC
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
- Amgen Inc.
- Pfizer Inc.
- Novartis AG
- Astellas Pharma Inc.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- Merck & Co., Inc
- Eli Lilly and Company
Global Immunogenetics Market: Research Scope
Global Immunogenetics Market, by Application
- Multiple sclerosis
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Crohn’s disease
- Diabetes mellitus type 1
Global Immunogenetics Market, by End User
- Diagnostic centers
- Academic and Research Institute
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.