Immunochemistry Diagnostic Devices Market: Introduction
- Immunochemistry is a branch of chemistry that comprises the study of molecular mechanisms underlying the function of the immune system, specifically the nature of antigens, and antibodies and their interactions
- Immunochemistry offers rapid, simple, robust yet sensitive, and in most cases, easily automated methods applicable to routine analyses in clinical laboratories. All immunochemical methods are based on a highly sensitive and specific reaction between an antigen and an antibody.
Key Drivers of Global Immunochemistry Diagnostic Devices Market
- There is a rise in focus on biomarker development, as biomarker helps detect various diseases in their initial stage. Immunochemistry plays an important role in the development of biomarkers and thus, with rise in demand for biomarkers, the immunochemistry diagnostic devices market will grow.
- Growth in incidence and prevalence of infectious diseases, cancer, gastrointestinal, cardiovascular disease, and other chronic diseases across the world is likely to drive the immunochemistry diagnostic devices market
- According to the WHO, in 2016, in the U.S., there were approximately 15.5 million visits to physician offices with infectious and parasitic diseases as the primary diagnosis
- Technological advancements in the immunochemistry diagnostic devices market have enhanced the ability for diagnosing the disease progression, which is fueling the growth of the immunochemistry diagnostic devices market
Get an Idea about the Offerings of Our Immunochemistry Diagnostic Devices Market Report from this Brochure
Key Restraints of Global Immunochemistry Diagnostic Devices Market
- Stringent regulations for the development and launch of immunochemistry products and low adoption rate of automated immunochemistry diagnostic devices in developing economies due to their high cost are factors that are anticipated to hamper the immunochemistry diagnostic devices market
- Interpretation of measured data is the most difficult step and causes problems. The spectrum of drugs detected using immunoassays is relatively narrow.
Strategic Developments to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- Companies operating in the global immunochemistry diagnostic devices market are engaged in the development of new products, acquisitions, and mergers to expand their product portfolio and business. For instance, in June 2016, Roche launched the new cobas e 801 module, helping hospitals meet the demand for increased diagnostic testing. The cobas e 801 module is the member of the cobas 8000 modular analyzer series. It offers more than 100 immunoassays across a wide range of disease areas.
- In January 2018, Thermo Fisher Scientific expanded its oncomine portfolio with new assays for liquid biopsy and immuno-oncology to complement its comprehensive solutions for clinical research
- In April 2014, Roche and Hitachi High-Technologies Corporation announced the signing of a renewed 10-year contract for the joint development and manufacture of next generation instruments and workflow automation solutions for medical laboratories.
North America to Hold a Major Share of Global Immunochemistry Diagnostic Devices Market
- North America is expected to hold a major share of the global immunochemistry diagnostic devices market due to the prevalence of various diseases, such as infectious diseases, cardiovascular disease, etc., in the region. According to the American College of Cardiology, the annual total cost of cardiovascular disease in the U.S. was estimated at US$ 351.2 billion in 2014-2015, with US$ 213.8 billion in direct cost, including 46% for inpatient care.
- The immunochemistry diagnostic devices market in Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period due to rise in patient population, increase in initiatives by the government of emerging economies in the health care sector, and interest of key players in expanding their market presence in the Asia Pacific region
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Immunochemistry Diagnostic Devices Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Immunochemistry Diagnostic Devices Market
Key players in the global immunochemistry diagnostic devices are focusing on developing innovative diagnostic technologies and products. Companies are adopting various growth strategies, such as products upgrades, product launches, mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, etc. Leading players operating in the global immunochemistry diagnostic devices market are:
- Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
- Siemens Healthcare GmbH
- Ortho Clinical Diagnostics
- Beckman Coulter, Inc.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- bioMérieux SA
- Transasia Bio-Medicals
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- Immunodiagnostic Systems
- Other Prominent Players
Global Immunochemistry Diagnostic Devices Market: Research Scope
Global Immunochemistry Diagnostic Devices Market, by Devices
- Immunochemistry Analyzers
- Chemiluminescence Immunoassay (CLIA) Analyzers
- Immuno Fluorescence (IFA) Analyzers
- Enzyme Immunoassay (EIA) Analyzers
- Radioimmunoassay (RIA) Analyzers
- Enzyme Linked Fluorescent Assay (ELFA) Systems
- Multiplexed Assay Systems
- Immunochemistry Stainers
- Automated Stainers
- Semi-Automated Stainers
- Kits & Consumables
Global Immunochemistry Diagnostic Devices Market, by Application
- Infectious Diseases
- Drug Monitoring
Global Immunochemistry Diagnostic Devices Market, by End-user
- Hospitals & Clinics
- Diagnostic Laboratories
- Biopharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies
Global Immunochemistry Diagnostic Devices Market, by Region
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.