Immune-mediated Inflammatory Diseases: Introduction
- Immune-mediated inflammatory disease (IMID) is a group of unrelated conditions that lack a definitive etiology, but share a common inflammatory pathway leading to inflammation. Immune-mediated diseases are conditions triggered by over activity or abnormal activity of the body’s immune system. All immune-mediated inflammatory diseases (IMID) can cause organ damage, and are associated with increased morbidity and/or mortality.
- The normal immune system is a complex system that protects our bodies from infections. The white blood cells or lymphocytes help us fight the infection when our body becomes infected with a bacteria, virus, or parasite.
- Some of the well-known immune-mediated inflammatory or autoimmune diseases include ankylosing spondylitis, psoriasis, psoriatic arthritis, Crohn's disease, Behcet's disease, arthritis, inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), systemic lupus erythematosus, insulin-dependent (type 1) diabetes mellitus, and various allergies (eczema, hives, hay fever, asthma attacks, food allergies, etc.), as well as many cardiovascular, neuromuscular, and infectious diseases
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Immune-mediated Inflammatory Disease Treatment Market
- The number of people affected with autoimmune diseases is rising consistently across the world. The root cause of a number of these diseases can be traced to a lack of healthy lifestyle and dietary habits and genetics that can trigger these diseases. Rise in the number of these diseases propels the global immune-mediated inflammatory disease treatment market.
- Cardiovascular and respiratory diseases have affected a large number of individuals globally, and are the leading cause of death among the global population
- Increase in incidence of chronic diseases of the liver, heart, kidneys, pancreas, and blood disorders have augmented the demand for immune-mediated inflammatory disease treatment. Therefore, a rise in the incidence of autoimmune diseases across the globe fuels the global immune-mediated inflammatory disease treatment market.
- However, lack of patient awareness, side effects associated with drugs, and poor reimbursement is anticipated to hamper market growth during the forecast period
Asthma and COPD to Lead Global Market
- The global immune-mediated inflammatory disease treatment market can be segmented based on treatment type, indication, distribution channel, and region
- In terms of treatment type, the global immune-mediated inflammatory disease treatment market can be classified into traditional drugs (corticosteroids, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, anti-TNF agents, etc.), targeted biologic therapies, and novel therapies. Based on indication, the global market can be categorized into asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases (COPD), inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), rheumatoid arthritis (RA), psoriasis, and others. In terms of distribution channel, the global immune-mediated inflammatory disease market can be divided into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and online pharmacies.
Asia Pacific to be Lucrative Market for Immune-mediated Inflammatory Disease Treatments
- The global immune-mediated inflammatory disease treatment market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Adoption of advanced treatment options is increasing in developing countries, thereby providing opportunities in the global immune-mediated inflammatory disease treatment market
- Availability of superior treatment facilities at quite low prices in developing countries, such as India and China, compared to that in the West is a major factor boosting the immune-mediated inflammatory disease treatment market in Asia Pacific. Growing medical tourism industry in developing countries is anticipated to offer significant opportunities in the immune-mediated inflammatory disease treatment market in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Immune-mediated Inflammatory Disease Treatment Market
Leading players in the global immune-mediated inflammatory disease treatment market include:
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Sanofi SA
Global Immune-mediated Inflammatory Disease Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Immune-mediated Inflammatory Disease Treatment Market, by Treatment Type
- Traditional Drugs
- Non-steroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs
- Anti-TNF Agents
- Targeted Biologic Therapies
- Novel Therapies
Global Immune-mediated Inflammatory Disease Treatment Market, by Indication
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Diseases (COPD)
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)
Global Immune-mediated Inflammatory Disease Treatment Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
Global Immune-mediated Inflammatory Disease Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.