Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension Therapeutics Market: Introduction
- Idiopathic intracranial hypertension is a medical condition, which causes increased intracranial pressure without a known cause. The cerebrospinal fluid creates high pressure within the spaces surrounding the brain and spinal cord.
- Idiopathic intracranial hypertension most commonly affects the women aged between 20 years and 50 years
- Common symptoms of idiopathic intracranial hypertension includes headache, nausea, visual loss, including blind spots and close symptoms of large brain tumors
- Idiopathic intracranial hypertension can be either acute or chronic. In chronic intracranial hypertension, high cerebrospinal fluid can cause swelling and damage the optic nerve. The damaged optic nerve causes poor eyesight, blind spots, and double vision.
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Comprehensive Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension Therapeutics Market Brochure
Global Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension Therapeutics Market: Key Drivers
- The global idiopathic intracranial hypertension therapeutics market is primarily driven by high prevalence and rise in incidence rate of idiopathic intracranial hypertension across the globe. For instance, it is estimated that more than 100,000 Americans are affected by the idiopathic intracranial hypertension and the number is likely to grow significantly with ageing population.
- Idiopathic intracranial hypertension is commonly observed in obese people and is associated with ageing. Thus, a large number of obese people and ageing population is expected to drive the global idiopathic intracranial hypertension market during the forecast period.
- Large number of clinical pipeline drugs are in different stages of approvals, which are anticipated to be launched in the near future. New product development and commercialization is estimated to contribute to the growth of the global market during the forecast period.
Carbonic Anhydrase Inhibitor Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- Based on drug class, the global idiopathic intracranial hypertension therapeutics market can be divided into carbonic anhydrase inhibitor, topiramate, furosemide, and others. The carbonic anhydrase inhibitor segment is projected to dominate the global idiopathic intracranial hypertension therapeutics market during the forecast period.
- Acetazolamide is the most commonly used carbonic anhydrase inhibitor for the treatment of idiopathic intracranial hypertension. A large multicenter controlled trial study published in 2014 has shown that acetazolamide, in combination with dietary weight loss has significant improvement in visual loss and nerve swelling caused due to idiopathic intracranial hypertension.
Retail Pharmacies Segment to Dominate Global Market
- Based on distribution channel, the global idiopathic intracranial hypertension therapeutics market can be divided into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and online pharmacies. The retail pharmacies segment is anticipated to dominate the global market during the forecast period.
- Easy availability of idiopathic intracranial hypertension therapeutic drugs at retail pharmacies and a large number of retail pharmacies outlets across the globe are likely to contribute to the growth of the retail pharmacies segment during the forecast period
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension Therapeutics Market Report
Asia Pacific Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension Therapeutics Market to Expand Rapidly
- In terms of region, the global idiopathic intracranial hypertension therapeutics market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period. However, the region is anticipated to lose market share by the end of 2027.
- High prevalence and rise in incidence rate of idiopathic intracranial hypertension in North America, rapidly growing obese and geriatric population in the region, and early diagnosis are some of the factors that are projected to propel the growth of the idiopathic intracranial hypertension therapeutics market in North America during the forecast period.
- Idiopathic intracranial hypertension therapeutics in Europe is estimated to be the second largest market by the end of 2027
- Idiopathic intracranial hypertension therapeutics market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period, owing to rapid increase in the number of patients with idiopathic intracranial hypertension in densely populated countries such as India, China, and South Korea, and improvements in health care infrastructure in the region
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global idiopathic intracranial hypertension therapeutics market is highly fragmented with a large number of global players accounting for majority of the market share in respective regions. Key players operating in the global idiopathic intracranial hypertension therapeutics market include:
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
- Mylan N.V.
- AbbVie Inc.
- Astellas Pharma Inc.
- Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Johnson & Johnson)
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Upsher-Smith Laboratories, LLC
- Pfizer, Inc.
Global Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension Therapeutics Market: Research Scope
Global Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension Therapeutics Market, by Drug Class
- Carbonic Anhydrase Inhibitor
Global Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension Therapeutics Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
Global Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension Therapeutics Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.