ICU Beds: Multifunction Beds for ICUs
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU) Beds are special hospital beds designed for ICUs to take care of critical patients. They are multifunction beds which can provide safety and comfort to both patients & caregivers.
- ICU beds are designed to enhance work efficacy, provide comfort, safety & ease of use, support infection control, and enhance effective risk management in hospitals
- These can be tilted and are equipped with accessories such as X-Ray cassette holder, section mattress base, and stepless pneumatic adjustment for trendlenburg & anti-trendlenburg that are designed to support and assist the healthcare staff for their effective workflow
- ICU beds contain electric and manual controls; side rails; wheels and a brake; a removable headboard to allow procedures (i.e., endotracheal intubation, vascular access) from the head of the bed; and intravenous (IV) pole mounts
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global ICU Beds Market
- Rise in hospital admissions coupled with growing surgical procedures is the major driving force of the global ICU beds market
- For instance, as per the WHO, total number of surgical procedures was 226.4 million in 2004 and it rose to 312.9 million surgical operations in 2012 globally with 38.2% increase over the previous 8 years
- Increase in aging population and growth in chronic diseases are also some of the major factors responsible for the growth of the global ICU beds market
- Moreover, rising investment in healthcare infrastructure and technological advancements are some of the major factors propelling the global ICU beds market
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of ICU Beds Market Report
High Cost of ICU Beds Hamper Market Growth
- Comparatively higher cost of ICU beds can adversely impact the global ICU beds market growth
- Lack of reimbursement in developing regions can also hamper the global ICU beds market growth
Electric Beds - Dominant Type Segment
- Based on type, global ICU beds market can be segmented into electric beds, semi-electric beds, and manual beds
- Electric beds is accounted for major market share, owing to greater comfort, portability, and higher cost which impact for higher revenue
- The manual beds segment is expected to be a lucrative segment, owing to higher demand in recent times due to COVID-19 pandemic, lower cost of manufacturing, and less complicated functions
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom ICU Beds Market Report
Specialized ICU - More lucrative Application Segment
- In terms of application, the global ICU beds market can be divided into general ICU, specialized ICU, pediatric ICU, neonatal ICU, and others
- Specialized ICU is anticipated to be a promising segment during the forecast period. Better physician convenience, expert nurses, and low risk of infections are some of the major factors responsible for the higher growth of specialized ICU segment.
Hospitals - Dominant End-user Segment
- Based on end-user, the global ICU beds market can be segmented into hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, and others
- The hospitals segment dominated the global ICU beds market due to rise in number of hospital admissions and growing number of surgical procedures at hospitals
North America to Lead the Global Market for ICU Beds
- In terms of region, the global ICU beds market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global ICU beds market in 2019 due to higher number of ICU admissions, rising number of surgical procedures, and better healthcare infrastructure in the region
- For instance, as per the Society of Critical Care Medicine, more than 5 million patients are admitted annually to the U.S. ICUs for intensive or invasive monitoring; support of airway, breathing, or circulation; and other related conditions
- Asia Pacific is expected to be a highly attractive segment during the forecast period, owing to increase in geriatric population which is more prone to chronic diseases, growing number of hospital admissions, and improving healthcare infrastructure in the region
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
Key manufacturers operating in the global market include:
- Stryker Corporation
- Invacare Corporation
- Hill-Rom Holdings, Inc.
- Getinge AB
- Medline Industries, Inc.
- Stiegelmeyer GmbH & Co. Kg
- Linet Spol. S.R.O.
- Merivaara Corp.
- Malvestio S.P.A.
Global ICU Beds Market: Research Scope
Global ICU Beds Market, by Type
- Electric Beds
- Semi-electric Beds
- Manual Beds
Global ICU Beds Market, by Application
- General ICU
- Specialized ICU
- Pediatric ICU
- Neonatal ICU
Global ICU Beds Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers
Global ICU Beds Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.