ICU Beds: Multifunction Beds for ICUs
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU) Beds are special hospital beds designed for ICUs to take care of critical patients. They are multifunction beds which can provide safety and comfort to both patients & caregivers.
- ICU beds are designed to enhance work efficacy, provide comfort, safety & ease of use, support infection control, and enhance effective risk management in hospitals
- These can be tilted and are equipped with accessories such as X-Ray cassette holder, section mattress base, and stepless pneumatic adjustment for trendlenburg & anti-trendlenburg that are designed to support and assist the healthcare staff for their effective workflow
- ICU beds contain electric and manual controls; side rails; wheels and a brake; a removable headboard to allow procedures (i.e., endotracheal intubation, vascular access) from the head of the bed; and intravenous (IV) pole mounts
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global ICU Beds Market
- Rise in hospital admissions coupled with growing surgical procedures is the major driving force of the global ICU beds market
- For instance, as per the WHO, total number of surgical procedures was 226.4 million in 2004 and it rose to 312.9 million surgical operations in 2012 globally with 38.2% increase over the previous 8 years
- Increase in aging population and growth in chronic diseases are also some of the major factors responsible for the growth of the global ICU beds market
- Moreover, rising investment in healthcare infrastructure and technological advancements are some of the major factors propelling the global ICU beds market
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of ICU Beds Market Report
High Cost of ICU Beds Hamper Market Growth
- Comparatively higher cost of ICU beds can adversely impact the global ICU beds market growth
- Lack of reimbursement in developing regions can also hamper the global ICU beds market growth
Electric Beds - Dominant Type Segment
- Based on type, global ICU beds market can be segmented into electric beds, semi-electric beds, and manual beds
- Electric beds is accounted for major market share, owing to greater comfort, portability, and higher cost which impact for higher revenue
- The manual beds segment is expected to be a lucrative segment, owing to higher demand in recent times due to COVID-19 pandemic, lower cost of manufacturing, and less complicated functions
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom ICU Beds Market Report
Specialized ICU - More lucrative Application Segment
- In terms of application, the global ICU beds market can be divided into general ICU, specialized ICU, pediatric ICU, neonatal ICU, and others
- Specialized ICU is anticipated to be a promising segment during the forecast period. Better physician convenience, expert nurses, and low risk of infections are some of the major factors responsible for the higher growth of specialized ICU segment.
Hospitals - Dominant End-user Segment
- Based on end-user, the global ICU beds market can be segmented into hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, and others
- The hospitals segment dominated the global ICU beds market due to rise in number of hospital admissions and growing number of surgical procedures at hospitals
North America to Lead the Global Market for ICU Beds
- In terms of region, the global ICU beds market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global ICU beds market in 2019 due to higher number of ICU admissions, rising number of surgical procedures, and better healthcare infrastructure in the region
- For instance, as per the Society of Critical Care Medicine, more than 5 million patients are admitted annually to the U.S. ICUs for intensive or invasive monitoring; support of airway, breathing, or circulation; and other related conditions
- Asia Pacific is expected to be a highly attractive segment during the forecast period, owing to increase in geriatric population which is more prone to chronic diseases, growing number of hospital admissions, and improving healthcare infrastructure in the region
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
Key manufacturers operating in the global market include:
- Stryker Corporation
- Invacare Corporation
- Hill-Rom Holdings, Inc.
- Getinge AB
- Medline Industries, Inc.
- Stiegelmeyer GmbH & Co. Kg
- Linet Spol. S.R.O.
- Merivaara Corp.
- Malvestio S.P.A.
Global ICU Beds Market: Research Scope
Global ICU Beds Market, by Type
- Electric Beds
- Semi-electric Beds
- Manual Beds
Global ICU Beds Market, by Application
- General ICU
- Specialized ICU
- Pediatric ICU
- Neonatal ICU
Global ICU Beds Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers
Global ICU Beds Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.