Hyponatremia Treatment Market: Introduction
- Hyponatremia is caused due to low concentration of sodium in the blood. Sodium acts as an electrolyte and regulates the amount of water in and around cells in the body. The condition is caused due to intake of too much water, which leads to dilution of the sodium present in the body. In hyponatremia, water level in the body rises and the cells start to swell, leading to various health problems, which can be mild to severe life-threatening conditions.
- In patients with hyponatremia, concentration of serum sodium is less than 135 mEq/L, while normal sodium concentration is 135-145 mEq/L
- Nausea & vomiting, loss of energy, headache, restlessness & irritability, confusion, drowsiness & fatigue, muscle weakness, spasms or cramps, seizures, and coma are the various symptoms of hyponatremia
- Pseudohyponatremia, hypovolemic hyponatremia, euvolemic hyponatremia, and hypervolemic hyponatremia are various types of hyponatramia
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports, Ask for a Sample
Key Drivers of Global Hyponatremia Treatment Market
- The global hyponatremia treatment market is primarily driven by increase in geriatric population, rise in number of patients with hyponatremia, and high demand for new treatment options for the condition
- The elderly population is a high-risk group for hyponatremia, as age is an independent risk factor for hyponatremia. A study published in the Clinical Interventions in Aging journal revealed that hyponatremia is associated with poor prognosis in elderly patients. The study also stated that prevalence of hyponatremia in the community is nearly 8% and is projected to increase significantly in the next few years.
- According to U.S. Department of Health & Human Product estimates, the U.S. will have about 72.1 million geriatric population by 2030, which is more than twice the number in 2000
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Hypovolemic Hyponatremia Segment to Account for Major Share of Global Market
- In terms of type, the global hyponatremia treatment market can be classified into pseudohyponatremia, hypovolemic hyponatremia, euvolemic hyponatremia, hypervolemic hyponatremia, and others
- The hypovolemic hyponatremia segment is anticipated to dominate the global market during the forecast period, due to rise in demand for medications for hypovolemic hyponatremia and focus on adopting latest protocols for management of hyponatremia
Intravenous Fluid (IVF) Therapy to be Highly Lucrative Segment
- Based on treatment, the global hyponatremia treatment market can be bifurcated into intravenous fluid (IVF) therapy and medications. The medications segment can be split into tolvaptin, sodium acetate, and others.
- The intravenous fluid (IVF) therapy segment is expected to account for major share of the global hyponatremia treatment market by 2027, owing to increase in awareness about the different types of intravenous fluid available for the treatment of hyponatremia and rise in availability of therapies for the management of hyponatremia
North America to Dominate Global Hyponatremia Treatment Market
- In terms of region, the global hyponatremia treatment market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
- North America is projected to dominate the global hyponatremia treatment market during the forecast period. The market in the region is anticipated to be driven by the rise in economic burden of hyponatemia, increase in number of hospitals providing quality health care services to hyponatremia patients, and surge in number of patients seeking medical aid for the condition.
Key Players Operating in Global Hyponatremia Treatment Market
The global hyponatremia treatment market is highly fragmented, with a large number of domestic players accounting for major market share. Key players operating in the global hyponatremia treatment market are:
- Otsuka America Pharmaceutical, Inc.
- Alkem Laboratories Ltd.
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Msn Laboratories Pvt. Ltd.
- Steadfast Medishield Pvt. Ltd.
- Rene Pharmaceuticals Pvt. Ltd.
- Edallia Pharmaceuticals Pvt. Ltd.
- Centaur Pharmaceuticals Pvt. Ltd.
- Biokindle Lifesciences Pvt. Ltd.
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Global Hyponatremia Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Hyponatremia Treatment Market, by Type
- Hypovolemic Hyponatremia
- Euvolemic Hyponatremia
- Hypervolemic Hyponatremia
Global Hyponatremia Treatment Market, by Application
- Intravenous Fluid (IVF) therapy
- Sodium Acetate
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.