Global Hypertension Management Devices Market: Overview
- Hypertension is a key risk factor for cardiovascular diseases and continues to be a major cause of global morbidity and mortality. This is attributed to large number of patients with uncontrolled blood pressure, despite various pharmacological options available.
- Novel technologies such as smartphones and Bluetooth-enabled tele-monitoring devices are playing key roles in hypertension management. The role of invasive management strategies for hypertension alongside medications is considered a possible treatment for hypertension patients.
- The global hypertension management devices market is projected to grow at a significant pace during the forecast period, owing to rise in prevalence of resistant hypertension due to the inability to tolerate current pharmacological therapies
Key Drivers of Global Hypertension Management Devices Market
- Resistant hypertension (RHTN) continues to contribute to the overall population’s cardiovascular morbidity and mortality. According to the American Journal of Hypertension, in 2015, the prevalence of resistant hypertension was reported to be between 14% and 16% of patients with hypertension globally. Hence, a number of patients prefer non-drug approach to resistant hypertension treatment. This factor is anticipated to boost the growth of the global hypertension management devices market.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Hypertension Management Devices Market Report
Restraints of Global Hypertension Management Devices Market
- Not all types of hypertension management devices are reimbursed. A majority of health insurance plans in the U.S. do not cover hypertension management devices.
- Insurance benefits for hypertension management devices vary from payer to payer. Some payers could cover monitors, but not additional support services provided by non-physicians.
- Some private insurance plans in the U.S. provide benefits only to beneficiaries who are enrolled in the disease management programs for HTN or other medical conditions that have increased risk of developing heart diseases and causing stroke
North America to Account for Major Share of Global Hypertension Management Devices Market
- North America is likely to dominate the global hypertension management devices market during the forecast period due to rise in prevalence of hypertension as well as resistant hypertension, presence of major players, and increase in adoption of advanced devices to monitor hypertension. According to the CDC, in 2017, nearly half a million deaths in the U.S. included hypertension as a primary or contributing cause.
- The hypertension management devices market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period, owing to increase in the geriatric population with hypertension, rise in adoption of new treatment procedure to manage hypertension, surge in health care expenditure, and increase in awareness among people about preventive health care.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Hypertension Management Devices Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Hypertension Management Devices Market
Major players operating in the global hypertension management devices market are:
- CVRx, Inc.
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- Mercator MedSystems
- Ablative Solutions, Inc.
- Kona Medical, Inc.
- ReCor Medical, Inc.
Global Hypertension Management Devices Market: Research Scope
Global Hypertension Management Devices Market, by Device
- Renal Denervation Devices
- Carotid Sinus Stimulation Devices
Global Hypertension Management Devices Market, by Technology
- Radiofrequency Ablation
Global Hypertension Management Devices Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.