Hyperlipidemia refers to abnormal elevation of lipids and/or lipoprotein levels. Risk factors associated with such condition include stroke, peripheral vascular disease, atherosclerosis, diabetes, obesity, hypertension and other cardiovascular diseases. Drugs which are used to treat hyperlipidemia act by either accelerating the elimination of lipoproteins from the body or decrease production of lipoproteins. These medications not only lower the unwanted cholesterol levels but also prove to be vital for lowering the risk of heart attacks or strokes.
The global hyperlipidemic prescription drugs market is categorized based on drug classes namely:
- HMG COA reductase inhibitors
- Fibric acid derivatives
- Nicotinic acid
- Bile acid sequestrating agents
- Cholesterol absorption inhibitors
- Combination drug therapy
North America currently dominates the global hyperlipidemia prescription drugs market and is followed by Europe due to high prevalence of diseases associated with elevated levels of lipoproteins and the growing baby boomer population. Emerging economies of Asia-Pacific, Latin America and Middle East are also expected to undergo rapid market growth for hyperlipidemic drugs.
One of the major factors driving the global hyperlipidemic prescription drugs market is increasing susceptibility to heart diseases associated with aging population. Other factors such as patent expiration and the consequent genericization in the market, availability of funding and undertaking of health awareness programs by healthcare centers, high incidence rates of cardiovascular diseases and rising awareness among people for reducing the harmful cholesterol levels to control heart diseases. A large number of hyperlipidemia drugs are in phase III of clinical trials for their assessment in providing clinical benefits and long-term safety records.
Some of the key players contributing to hyperlipidemia prescription drugs market include Amgen, Inc., Eli Lilly and Company, GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Limited, Isis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Merck & Co., Inc., Dr. Reddy\'s Laboratories Limited, Immuron Limited, Esperion Therapeutics, Inc., Pfizer, Inc. and Formac Pharmaceuticals N.V.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments
Note : All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Transparency Market Research.