Increased level of total cholesterol and LDL (bad) cholesterol in the blood leads to hypercholesterolemia. The normal biological range of total blood cholesterol is 140-200 mg/dL. Hypercholesterolemia leads to cardiovascular diseases such as atherosclerosis, stroke etc. Human blood cholesterol mainly consists of High-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol, Low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol, Very low-density lipoprotein (VLDL) cholesterol. HDL cholesterol is termed as good cholesterol for the body. High level of HDL cholesterol reduces the risk for heart diseases and HDL naturally removes cholesterol from cells by reverse cholesterol transport to the liver. On the other, hand LDL adds to plaque, a hard and dense deposit that blocks the arteries and make the artery wallless flexible. This type of medical condition is termed as atherosclerosis. Clot forms and blocks the narrowed arteries leads to heart attack, stroke and peripheral artery diseases.
Hypercholesterolemia usually result from the grouping of genetic and environmental risk factors. Genetic disorder leads to heterozygous familial hypercholesterolemia. It happens due to the existence of the mutated copy of the LDLR gene (LDL receptor gene). Individuals with the homozygous gene, containing dual copies of the gene mostly suffer from severe cardiovascular diseases in their childhood and people with the heterozygous gene that is with a solitary copy of the gene suffer from cardiac ailment in their 30s or 40s.
Hypercholesterolemia due to lifestyle selections includes unhealthy eating habits, lack of exercise, and intake of tobacco smoking strongly hampers the quantity of cholesterol in the blood. However, there are few secondary reasons as well such as diabetes mellitus (Type 2), alcohol intake, obesity, monoclonal gammopathy, dialysis and others.
The hypercholesterolemia treatment market is increasing at a substantial rate due to technologically advanced diagnosis, government initiatives, improved reimbursement scenario lifestyle changes, rising awareness about different cardiovascular diseases. Treatment for hypercholesterolemia mainly includes intake of statins and opting for a better lifestyle. Factors such as high cost in the diagnosis, lack of awareness and lack of knowledgeable experts for proper diagnosis of the disease are restricting the global market for hypercholesterolemia treatment.
North America rules the global market for hypercholesterolemia treatment reason beingincreased incidences of heart diseases and related disorders in the region. Asia, followed by Europe, predicted to witness a high growth rate in coming years in the hypercholesterolemia market. Developing countries like China and India are also growing fast in these markets by the presence of a large patient pool and growing government initiatives. Hypercholesterolemia Market can be segmented as drug class and geography. Drug class can categorize hypercholesterolemia market as statins, niacin, bile-acid resins, fibric acid derivatives, cholesterol absorption inhibitors.
Some of the key players in this Hypercholesterolemia market AbbVie, Inc., AstraZeneca Plc., Amgen, Inc., Eli Lilly and Company, Merck & Co., Novartis AG and Pfizer, Tekmira Pharmaceuticals Corporation.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.