Hypercalcemia Treatment Market: Introduction
- Hypercalcemia is a condition in which the calcium level in blood increases above normal. It is a result of overactive parathyroid glands. Cancer, hereditary factors, and immobility are some of the causes of hypercalcemia. Moreover, people aged 50 year and above are at a higher risk of overactive parathyroid glands.
- Increase in prevalence of hyperparathyroidism-related hypercalcemia is anticipated to drive the hypercalcemia treatment market.
Key Drivers of Global Hypercalcemia Treatment Market
- According to an article published in NCBI, hypercalcemia of malignancy accounted for approximately 20% of the total cancer patients during clinical course. In 2013, the prevalence of hypercalcemia of malignancy was 71,744 in U.S.
- Increase in the number of patients with high incidence of multiple myeloma and cancer is anticipated to drive the global hypercalcemia treatment market. For instance, according to the America Cancer Society, in U.S., an estimated 32,110 multiple myeloma cases will be diagnosed and 12,960 deaths are expected in 2019.
- According to an article published in JAMA Oncol, in 2016, an estimated 138,509 multiple myeloma cases were recorded with incidence rate of 2.1 per 100,000 people worldwide
- According to an article published in Clinical Epidemiology, in the U.K., the prevalence of hypercalcemia of malignancy was between 0.24% and 0.81% during 2013- 2014
- Strategic development by key players is likely to fuel the growth of the hypercalcemia treatment market. For instance, in April 2018, Amgen Inc. received approval from the European Commission to expand the indication of XGEVA. This is used to treat patients with multiple myeloma and bone metastases from solid tumors. This has enabled the company to expand care for patients in Europe.
Get an Idea about the Offerings of Our Hypercalcemia Treatment Market Report from this Brochure
Availability of Generic Drugs
- Introduction of generic drugs for the treatment of multiple myeloma is anticipated to hamper the growth of the hypercalcemia treatment market. In March 2019, Cipla, Inc. launched the generic version of Cinacalcet hydrochloride tablets the U.S. These are used for the treatment of hyperparathyroidism, along with hypercalcemia in adults.
- In March 2019, Slate Run Pharmaceuticals LLC, a partner of Piramal Enterprises Limited, launched the Cinacalcet hydrochloride tablets in the U.S.
Research & Development and New Therapies to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- Companies operating in the global hypercalcemia treatment market are engaged in the development of new products. For instance, the KHK7580 drug offered by Kyowa Kirin Co., Ltd. is in Phase 3 of the trial indicated for hypercalcemia in patient with primary hyperparathyroidism or parathyroid carcinoma. In April 2019, Kyowa Kirin Co., Ltd. supplemental application for KHK7580 in Japan. Thus, strong research and development will create lucrative opportunities in the near future.
- New therapies, such as Denosumab (XGEVA), is emerging in second line therapies of hypercalcemia. It is offered by Amgen Inc. and available in the U. S.
North America to Hold a Major Share of Global Hypercalcemia Treatment Market
- North America is expected to hold a major share of the hypercalcemia treatment market due to the increase in the prevalence of hyperthyroidism. According to an article published in J Clin Endocrinol Metab, there were 21.6 cases of primary hyperthyroidism per 100,000 person per years.
- The hypercalcemia treatment market in Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period, owing to factors such as rising prevalence of hypercalcemia and increase in its awareness. According to an article published in NCBI, a study conducted during January 2014 to June 2015 estimated 2.09% incidences of hypercalcemia in North India.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Hypercalcemia Treatment Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global hypercalcemia treatment market is highly fragmented due to the presence of key players. A number of manufactures hold major shares in their respective regions. Key players are engaged in the development of new products to strengthen their position in the market. Prominent players operating in the global hypercalcemia treatment market are:
- Amgen Inc.
- Cipla, Inc.
- Aetna Inc.
- Actiza Pharmaceutical Private Limited
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
Global Hypercalcemia Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Hypercalcemia Treatment Market, by Product
- Calcimimetic Agents
- IV Fluids & Diuretics
Global Hypercalcemia Treatment Market, by Route of Administration
Global Hypercalcemia Treatment Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Retail Pharmacy
- Online Pharmacy
Global Hypercalcemia Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.