Hydroxyapatite-coated Femoral Components Market Introduction
- Hydroxyapatite-coated femoral components are hard tissue implant material coated physically or chemically with hydroxyapatite on femur components generally with titanium as a base
- Hydroxyapatite is a mineral form of calcium apatite. The coating is mostly plasma jet sprayed on to the femur component, as its biocompatible and osteoconductive properties contribute to quick fixation of total joint prostheses. This coating boosts endosteal bone in growth to prosthesis, thereby improving the stability of femoral stem and ensuring improved clinical and radiological outcomes.
- Hydroxyapatite-coated femoral components were first used to enhance bone fixation. It was initially used in the fixation of dental implants, and by the mid-1980s, laboratory research had begun to explore their use in fortifying hip implants to skeletal bone.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Hydroxyapatite-coated Femoral Components Market Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Hydroxyapatite-coated Femoral Components Market
- Usage of hydroxyapatite-coated femoral stems is increasing due to rise in evidence that HA could enhance the consistency of bone osseointegration and improve total surgical procedure outcomes. This in turn is projected to drive demand for hydroxyapatite-coated femoral stems across the globe.
- Clinical evidence suggests that combination of tapered geometry with HA coating increases the likelihood of unfailing femoral fixation
- HA coating quickens bone restoration and enhances the biological fixation of implants due to its biocompatibility and osteoconductive potential. A number of studies have shown reduction of the migration of HA-coated femur components and also improved results and greater survival rates than the identical press-fit components. This is expected to propel the global market during the forecast period.
- However, high cost and HA particle delamination from the stem surface producing third-body wear are likely to restrain the global hydroxyapatite-coated femoral components market
By Region North America is to Lead Global Hydroxyapatite-coated Femoral Components Market
- In terms of region, the global hydroxyapatite-coated femoral components market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is a leading market for hydroxyapatite-coated femoral components, owing to development of groundbreaking technologies and consumer preference for these components. Rise in demand for grafts or implants, increase in R&D activities to drive applicability of hydroxyapatite in the medical industry, surge in disposable income, and increase in geriatric population fuel the growth of the market in North America.
- Favorable medical reimbursement policies and well-established health care institutes and hospitals are the major factors boosting the growth of the hydroxyapatite-coated femoral components market in Europe
- Rise in the number of total hip arthoplasty and dental surgeries to treat the underlying disease conditions is anticipated to propel the market in Asia Pacific during the forecast period. Availability of trained and well-qualified surgeons and rise in adoption of hydroxyapatite-coated femoral components for THA procedures are expected to accelerate the growth of the market in Asia Pacific from 2019 to 2027.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Hydroxyapatite-coated Femoral Components Market Report
Key Players in Global Hydroxyapatite-coated Femoral Components Market
The global hydroxyapatite-coated femoral components market was highly consolidated in 2018. Leading players operating in the global market are:
- DePuy Synthes
- Kycera Medical
- Smith & Nephew
- Zimmer Biomet
- Nano Interface Technology
Global Hydroxyapatite-coated Femoral Components Market: Research Scope
Global Hydroxyapatite-coated Femoral Components Market, by Product Type
Global Hydroxyapatite-coated Femoral Components Market, by Application
- Total Hip Arthroplasty
- Dental (reconstruction & filling)
Global Hydroxyapatite-coated Femoral Components Market, by Coating Type
- Dips Coating
- Sputter Coating
- Thermal Spraying Coating
- Sol-gel Coating
Global Hydroxyapatite-coated Femoral Components Market, by End-user
- Specialty Clinics
Global Hydroxyapatite-coated Femoral Components Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis