Hydroxyapatite-coated Femoral Components Market Introduction
- Hydroxyapatite-coated femoral components are hard tissue implant material coated physically or chemically with hydroxyapatite on femur components generally with titanium as a base
- Hydroxyapatite is a mineral form of calcium apatite. The coating is mostly plasma jet sprayed on to the femur component, as its biocompatible and osteoconductive properties contribute to quick fixation of total joint prostheses. This coating boosts endosteal bone in growth to prosthesis, thereby improving the stability of femoral stem and ensuring improved clinical and radiological outcomes.
- Hydroxyapatite-coated femoral components were first used to enhance bone fixation. It was initially used in the fixation of dental implants, and by the mid-1980s, laboratory research had begun to explore their use in fortifying hip implants to skeletal bone.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Hydroxyapatite-coated Femoral Components Market Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Hydroxyapatite-coated Femoral Components Market
- Usage of hydroxyapatite-coated femoral stems is increasing due to rise in evidence that HA could enhance the consistency of bone osseointegration and improve total surgical procedure outcomes. This in turn is projected to drive demand for hydroxyapatite-coated femoral stems across the globe.
- Clinical evidence suggests that combination of tapered geometry with HA coating increases the likelihood of unfailing femoral fixation
- HA coating quickens bone restoration and enhances the biological fixation of implants due to its biocompatibility and osteoconductive potential. A number of studies have shown reduction of the migration of HA-coated femur components and also improved results and greater survival rates than the identical press-fit components. This is expected to propel the global market during the forecast period.
- However, high cost and HA particle delamination from the stem surface producing third-body wear are likely to restrain the global hydroxyapatite-coated femoral components market
By Region North America is to Lead Global Hydroxyapatite-coated Femoral Components Market
- In terms of region, the global hydroxyapatite-coated femoral components market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is a leading market for hydroxyapatite-coated femoral components, owing to development of groundbreaking technologies and consumer preference for these components. Rise in demand for grafts or implants, increase in R&D activities to drive applicability of hydroxyapatite in the medical industry, surge in disposable income, and increase in geriatric population fuel the growth of the market in North America.
- Favorable medical reimbursement policies and well-established health care institutes and hospitals are the major factors boosting the growth of the hydroxyapatite-coated femoral components market in Europe
- Rise in the number of total hip arthoplasty and dental surgeries to treat the underlying disease conditions is anticipated to propel the market in Asia Pacific during the forecast period. Availability of trained and well-qualified surgeons and rise in adoption of hydroxyapatite-coated femoral components for THA procedures are expected to accelerate the growth of the market in Asia Pacific from 2019 to 2027.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Hydroxyapatite-coated Femoral Components Market Report
Key Players in Global Hydroxyapatite-coated Femoral Components Market
The global hydroxyapatite-coated femoral components market was highly consolidated in 2018. Leading players operating in the global market are:
- DePuy Synthes
- Kycera Medical
- Smith & Nephew
- Zimmer Biomet
- Nano Interface Technology
Global Hydroxyapatite-coated Femoral Components Market: Research Scope
Global Hydroxyapatite-coated Femoral Components Market, by Product Type
Global Hydroxyapatite-coated Femoral Components Market, by Application
- Total Hip Arthroplasty
- Dental (reconstruction & filling)
Global Hydroxyapatite-coated Femoral Components Market, by Coating Type
- Dips Coating
- Sputter Coating
- Thermal Spraying Coating
- Sol-gel Coating
Global Hydroxyapatite-coated Femoral Components Market, by End-user
- Specialty Clinics
Global Hydroxyapatite-coated Femoral Components Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.