Hydrotreated Vegetable Oil: Introduction
- Hydrotreated vegetable oil is also known as renewable diesel. Of late, hydrotreated vegetable oil has emerged as an alternative to biodiesel.
- Hydrotreated vegetable oil is chemically equivalent to petroleum diesel. Therefore, it can be used in diesel engines in any concentration with no modifications. This is the primary advantage of hydrotreated vegetable oil over biodiesel.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Hydrotreated Vegetable Oil Market
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Hydrotreated Vegetable Oil Market
- The global automotive industry has been expanding at rapid space. Large population, microeconomic development, effective and efficient vehicle-manufacturing techniques, and rise in the number of middle-class consumers are factors boosting vehicle sales. Hydrotreated vegetable oil can be used in the automobile sector. Thus, growth in the automobile industry is likely to boost the demand for hydrotreated vegetable oil in the near future.
- Implementation of stringent rules and regulations to minimize carbon emission, due to combustion of fossil fuel, is another key driver of the global hydrotreated vegetable oil market. This has encouraged companies to focus on better, cleaner, and cheaper fuel. Hydrotreated vegetable oil provides cleaner and cheaper solution.
- Increase in usage of ethanol and biodiesel is expected to hamper the global hydrotreated vegetable oil market in the near future. The capital costs of hydrotreating equipment is much higher than that of equipment required to produce biodiesel ethanol.
Global Hydrotreated Vegetable Oil Market: Segmentation
- The global hydrotreated vegetable oil market can be segmented based on feedstock and application
- In terms of feedstock, the global hydrotreated vegetable oil market can be classified into vegetable oil, non-food oil, animal fats, and others. The vegetable oil segment can be sub-segmented into rapeseed, sunflower, soybean, palm oil, and others. The non-food oil segment can be sub-divided into Jatropha, algae oil, and others. The vegetable oil segment dominates the global hydrotreated vegetable oil market due to high availability of the raw material across the globe.
- Based on application, the global hydrotreated vegetable oil market can be segregated into automobile, power generation, heat generation, and others. Automobile and power generation segments are estimated to expand at a faster pace than other segments during the forecast period owing to the increase in adoption of hydrotreated vegetable oil in automobile and power generation industries.
Global Hydrotreated Vegetable Oil Market: Regional Segmentation
- Based on region, the global hydrotreated vegetable oil market can be classified into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global hydrotreated vegetable oil market in 2019. The market in the region is projected to expand significantly during the forecast period, owing to the presence of large numbers of hydrated vegetable oil manufacturers in the region.
- The market in Asia Pacific is also likely to expand considerably during the forecast period owing to rapid increase in infrastructure and industrialization in India and China
- Europe is estimated to be a key region of the global hydrotreated vegetable oil market in the near future. Significant number of projects are being undertaken by various countries in the region to reduce the emission of greenhouse gases. This is anticipated to boost the hydrotreated vegetable oil market in Europe in the near future.
- The hydrotreated vegetable oil market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is projected to expand at a steady pace during the forecast period. Increase in investments in the production of bio-based energy in developing counties is expected to drive the hydrotreated vegetable oil market in these regions during the forecast period.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
COVID-19 Impact on Global Hydrotreated Vegetable Oil Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic spread all across the globe within a short period of time. It has adversely affected various global industries including automobile and aviation. Many countries imposed lockdowns to curb the spread of the pandemic. This has negatively affected the availability of labor, resulting in less or no production. The COVID-19 pandemic is likely to restrain the hydrotreated vegetable oil market for the next two years.
- On November 03, 2020, Neste acquired Bunge's refinery plant in Rotterdam to increase raw material pretreatment capacity for the production of renewable products. This acquisition was valued at more than US$ 300 Mn.
- In July 2020, ABITEC acquired Larodan AB, a manufacturer of high-purity research grade lipids in Sweden. The acquisition is expected to expand ABITEC’s functional lipid product offerings and scientific capabilities to serve pharmaceutical, nutritional, and industrial markets.
Key Players in Global Hydrotreated Vegetable Oil Market
- Royal Dutch Shell PLC
- Crown Oil Ltd
- Renewable Energy Group, Inc.
Global Hydrotreated Vegetable Oil Market: Research Scope
Global Hydrotreated Vegetable Oil Market, by Feedstock
- Vegetable Oil
- Palm Oil
- Non-food Oil
- Algae Oil
- Animal Fats
Global Hydrotreated Vegetable Oil Market, by Application
- Power Generation
- Heat Generation
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.