Hyaluronidase Enzyme: Introduction
- Hyaluronidase are enzymes that catalyze the degradation of hyaluronic acid. These enzymes are widely employed in esthetic medicine.
- Hyaluronidase are extensively utilized to enhance the absorption of fluids that are injected subcutaneously or intramuscular. They also improve the diffusion of local anesthetics. Other uses include limiting the size of myocardial infarction and increasing the action of anticancer drugs by increasing the drug penetration into the tumor.
Key Drivers of Global Hyaluronidase Enzyme Market
- Increase in the incidence of cancer is primarily driving the market for hyaluronidase enzyme. Cancer is a prominent cause of death worldwide and findings that lead to cure or control the disease is a primary goal of several governments globally.
- Increase in awareness about physical appearance among people, globally, is projected to propel the use of hyaluronidase enzyme, as these enzymes are widely used in cosmetic procedures. Additionally, hyaluronidase therapy also corrects the fillers that are injected in excessive quantity.
- Favorable reimbursement policies, increase in geriatric population, and a rise in the number of people opting for esthetic nonsurgical procedures are other factors that are projected to propel the market.
- However, side-effects such as skin rashes, rapid heartbeats, dizziness, and unusual weakness are likely to hamper the market in the near future
Animal-derived Hyaluronidase Enzyme Segment Expected to Dominate Global Market
- Based on type, the global hyaluronidase enzyme market can be divided into animal-derives hyaluronidase, and synthetic hyaluronidase
- The animal-derived hyaluronidase segment dominated the market as most approved brands that are available are animal-derived enzymes. However, animal-derived products possess several limitations, which in turn has fueled the need for synthetic hyaluronidase.
Dermatology Segment Expected to Dominate Global Market
- Based on application, the global hyaluronidase enzyme market can be divided into dermatology, chemotherapy, ophthalmology, plastic surgery, and others
- The dermatology segment is anticipated to dominate the global hyaluronidase enzyme market during the forecast period. Hyaluronidase enzyme promotes the diffusion of injected fluids in the tissues and facilitates their absorption. Furthermore, it increases the action of local anesthesia, and prevents the risk of necrosis.
Hospitals Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- In terms of end-user, the global hyaluronidase enzyme market can be classified into hospitals, clinics, research centers, and others
- The hospitals segment is expected to account for a major share of the global hyaluronidase enzyme market by 2030, as a majority of enzymatic procedures for cancer as well as esthetics are performed in hospitals
North America to Offer Attractive Opportunities in the Global Hyaluronidase Enzyme Market
- In terms of region, the global hyaluronidase enzyme market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America was a significant enzymes market, and accounted for a substantial share, in 2019. The U.S. is a major consumer of enzymes due to high rate of adoption of enzymes in cancer and esthetic procedures.
- According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the number of minimally invasive esthetic procedures performed in the U.S. has been steadily increasing, with an estimated 15.9 million performed in 2015. North America is a developed market with a high rate of adoption of new technology witnessed among end-users.
Key Players Operating in Global Hyaluronidase Enzyme Market
The global hyaluronidase enzyme market is fragmented with the presence of international and local players. Key players operating in the global hyaluronidase enzyme market are:
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Shreya Life Sciences Pvt. Ltd.
- STEMCELL Technologies, Inc.
- Bausch & Lomb Incorporated
- The Cooper Companies Inc.
- Halozyme, Inc.
- PrimaPharma, Inc.
- Amphastar Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Genomic Solutions
Global Hyaluronidase Enzyme Market: Research Scope
Global Hyaluronidase Enzyme Market, by Type
- Animal-derived Hyaluronidase
- Synthetic Hyaluronidase
Global Hyaluronidase Enzyme Market, by Application
- Plastic Surgery
Global Hyaluronidase Enzyme Market, by End-user
- Research Centres
Global Hyaluronidase Enzyme Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!