Humanized Mouse and Rat Model Market: Introduction
- Humanized mouse and rat model is a model that contains functional human genes, cells, tissues, and organs in case of biological and medical research. These mouse and rat models are used to simulate the human immune system in health and pathology environments.
- Humanized mouse and rat models are utilized for basic research, safety evaluation for large molecule therapies, simulation of some human-specific infectious diseases, and effectiveness testing of immunotherapy methods. Human protein is expressed and the mouse protein is repressed in both cells and tissues.
- Humanized mouse and rat models are valuable instruments to perform preclinical testing in order to replicate human pathological condition, to assess the potency of compounds, and to measure their effects on human proteins.
Key Drivers, Restrains, and Opportunities of Global Humanized Mouse and Rat Model Market
- Use of mouse and rat models for the detection of immunodeficiency disorders, tumors, and other unusual diseases, increase in R&D activities carried out by pharmaceutical & biotechnology companies; continuous funding & interventions from governments & private sectors for mouse and rat model research; and rise in the acceptance of adapted medicines boost the humanized mouse and rat model market. For instance, in August 2020, The National Institutes of Health awarded a US$1.2 million grant to the Mouse Biology Program at the University of California to develop mice that are vulnerable to the COVID-19 virus and to deliver them to scientists, with the goal of developing mice that can be used to replicate the human COVID-19 disease.
- Technological developments, increasing incidence of cancer, research and development activities, and the increasing acceptance of customized medicines are key factors that are expected to drive the global humanized mouse and rat model Industry
- However, rigid rules and legislation for the humane use of animals and expensive practices for the care of animal housing hamper the development of the global humanized mouse model industry. Increased development of monoclonal antibodies and improved healthcare in developing countries are expected to offer significant opportunities for the market.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Humanized Mouse and Rat Model Market
- North America is leading the global humanized mouse and rat models market, in terms of volume, the region is projected to account for a significant share of the global market. Expansion of the market in the region can be primarily attributed due to the biomedical research, pre-clinical activities of CROs and pharmaceutical R&D, the continuous and conscientious use of animals by animal welfare organizations, increased manufacturing of monoclonal antibody in the U.S. along with increased stem cell testing, and government funding for the development of protein drugs in Canada.
- The market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a notable CAGR during the forecast period, due to R&D partnerships in China, initiatives to minimize drug approval time, mandatory animal testing for all pharmaceuticals and cosmetics in China, increasing government and private sector investment in China's life sciences sector, and increasing biomedical and medical research and regenerative medicine research in Japan. Furthermore, expansion of the biomedical industry in India and the creation of bio-clusters to support the biotechnology industry in India are also driving the market in Asia Pacific. For instance, Taconic, a leading provider of life science solutions, and Vivo Bio Tech Ltd., a full-service contract testing company, have entered into an agreement that provides Vivo Bio Tech the right to breed and distribute selected Taconic mouse and rat models in India. The deal is expected to enables both firms to significantly increase the supply of high quality animals for biomedical research in India.
- Rise in translational and biomedical research in Singapore, increase in animal research in Malaysia, and ongoing biomedical research activities in Australia are also driving the market in Asia Pacific
Key Players Operating in Global Humanized Mouse and Rat Model Market
The global humanized mouse and rat model market is highly consolidated due to the presence of key players. A large number of manufacturers hold a major share in their respective regions. Growth strategies adopted by leading players are likely to drive the global humanized mouse and rat model market. For instance, in February 2020, Taconic Biosciences, a global pioneer in offering drug discovery animal model solutions, announced that its humanized immune system mice models were presently being developed in Europe. Local manufacturing makes it easier for Europe-based drug discovery researchers to access this vital oncology research instrument.
Major players operating in the global humanized mouse and rat model market are listed below:
- The Jackson Laboratory
- Crown Bioscience
- Taconic Biosciences
- Horizon Discovery
- Hera Biolabs
- Charles River Laboratories International Inc
- Vitalstar Biotechnology
Global Humanized Mouse and Rat Model Market: Research Scope
Global Humanized Mouse and Rat Model Market, by Type
- Humanized Mouse Models
- Genetic Humanized Mouse Models
- Cell-based Humanized Mouse Models
- CD34 Humanized Mouse Models
- Peripheral blood mononuclear cells Humanized Mouse Models
- BLT Humanized Mouse Models
- Other Models
- Humanized Rat Models
Global Humanized Mouse and Rat Model Market, by Application
- Immunology and Infectious Diseases
- Other applications
Global Humanized Mouse and Rat Model Market by End-user
- Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology firms
- Contract Research Organizations
- Academic and Research Institutions
Global Humanized Mouse and Rat Model Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.