Global Human Papilloma Virus Testing Market: Overview
Science states that all sexually active men and women will at some point in their life contract human papilloma virus. While there is no cure for the disease, most studies state that vaccination at the age of 11 or 12 will prevent the disease. However, with lack of awareness among people, the number of cases of HPV continue to rise in regions of the world. As a result, the need for diagnosis becomes imperative, thus driving growth in the global human papilloma virus testing market.
Over the years, the global market for human papilloma virus testing has grown at a steady pace, and a recent report by Transparency Market Research states that it will grow further in the coming years. The report also sheds light on the prevailing trends in the global human papilloma virus testing market, and also provides extensive details about the size, share, growth, and competitive dynamics.
Global Human Papilloma Virus Testing Market: Notable Developments
Some of the notable developments of the global human papilloma virus testing market are:
- QIAGEN in September 2015 launched a test that aids diagnosis in women. Called the careHPV test and HC2 collection device, this is QIAGENs effort to detect cases of cancer at an early stage among women.
- Few months before QIAGEN launched its test for HPV in women, Roche, in April 2014, came out with its test for diagnosing cervical cancer. The test was named cobas HPV hat received approval from the US FDA around this time.
- In February 2014, BD Onclarity HPV Assay obtained CE/IVD marking. This opened doors of growth for the company.
Most players in the global human papilloma virus testing market are focusing on improving their existing products and making the process easier for use. At the same time, the cost of testing is also another aspect that most manufacturers are working on. As a result, companies have invested significantly on research and development in the last few years. Some of the prominent players in the global market for HPV testing are Abbott, bioMerieux, Biomedical Diagnostics, CanAG Diagnostics, Epigenomics, CeMines, Bio-Rad, Ipsogen, J&J Diagnostics, Fujirebio, Guided Therapeutics, Gen-Probe, Polartechnics, Qiagen, Radient Pharmaceuticals, Sequenom, Targeted Diagnostics & Therapeutics, OncoLab, Hologic, Roche, and Siemens Healthcare.
Global Human Papilloma Virus Testing Market: Key Trends
Rising Cases of Cervical Cancer to Stoke Demand
World Health Organization (WHO) stated that cervical cancer is the fourth largest reason for death among women in the world today. In 2018 alone, 570,000 new cases were reported accounting to 6.6% of total cancer cases among women. This hints at a trend where the need of products in the global human papilloma virus testing market will grow in the coming years.
Awareness to Stimulate Consumption
While it is doctors who confirm diagnosis and prescribe treatment, patients themselves are well aware about the diseases and drugs. Ease access to information on the web, thanks to world-wide penetration of the internet and widespread use of smartphones. As a result, people realize the need to stay healthy and visit a doctor the moment they sense symptoms of a disease. All these aspects are expected to stimulate consumption in the global market for human papilloma virus testing.
Global Human Papilloma Virus Testing Market: Geographical Analysis
The United States is, perhaps, the most developed country when it comes to healthcare. To add to this, people are also aware about the consequences of diseases like cervical cancer. Hence, most women, above the age of 30, undergo an annual check-up. This way, they attempt to ensure that any disease, if detected, can be tended at early stages, preventing the need for painful treatment and loss of money. The rising women population in some countries of Asia Pacific will stem growth in the region. As a result, the demand for products in the global human papilloma virus testing market will improve in the future.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.