Global Home Sleep Screening Devices Market: Overview
Home sleep screening devices are electronic devices used to monitor regularity of sleep. They can be used for personal use or for monitoring sleep of infants. These can be audio or video devices that keep a record of sleep and frequency of breaks in the same. This resolves the issue of physical presence required for monitoring individuals and gives accurate data regarding the depth and duration of sleep. Sleep screening is required for a variety of conditions, most common being sleep apnea. This condition involves a continuous disruption of breathing which results in breaks in sleep. Breathing difficulties as a result of improper sleep posture and undue stress can result in sleep apnea.
A variety of chronic illnesses have also been implicated in this disease process. Diabetes is one major illness that results in sleep apnea and hence any patient of diabetes presenting with complaints of incomplete sleep needs to be monitored for sleep irregularities. Chronic illnesses are increasing world over as average age increases and the lifestyles of people push them towards developing such illnesses. The home sleep screening devices market should grow steadily owing to this trend, notes Transparency Market Research for the period of 2020 to 2030.
Global Home Sleep Screening Devices Market: Competitive Landscape
In the fragmented landscape of global home sleep screening devices market, players are active and eyeing new opportunities with a sharp focus. Players that are setting higher benchmarks include:
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- Garmin Ltd.
- Dream Sleep
- Cleveland Medical Devices Inc.
- Itamar Medical Ltd.
- Ez Sleep
- SleepWorks, LLC
- VirtuOx, Inc.
These manufactures are committed to providing high quality products in an efficient manner to meet upcoming demand. Acquisition of smaller production facilities and investing in innovations in the development of better sleep screens should help meet sales targets.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Home Sleep Screening Devices Market: Key Trends and Drivers
- Chronic illnesses are increasing globally. The World Health Organization estimates that 57% of the global population will be afflicted with one or the other chronic illness by 2050. Chronic conditions ultimately lead to disruption of the body's natural rhythms, sleep being one of them. Sleep apnea is a major consequence of many chronic conditions. It severely affects quality of life as the individual is unable to receive good quality sleep and this function efficiently. This makes the market for home sleep screening devices lucrative as demand is expected to increase in the coming years.
- Diabetes is a major contributor to sleep apnea. On the other hand, sleep apnea also predisposes to the development of diabetes. As people adopt unhealthy lifestyles and plunge ever more enthusiastically into work, their chances of suffering from chronic illnesses rises. The number of people with diabetes rose from 108 million in 1980 to 422 million in 2014. The global prevalence of diabetes among adults over 18 years of age rose from 4.7% in 1980 to 8.5% in 2014. These numbers bode well for the home sleep screening devices market.
Global Home Sleep Screening Devices Market: Regional Analysis
North America and Europe are currently global leaders in the home sleep screening devices market. This can be attributed to the presence of a robust healthcare infrastructure that can quickly diagnose illnesses such as sleep apnea. Moreover, innovations are quick to develop and be adopted in this region. Sleep screening devices find increased acceptance because of this. As traditional western lifestyles are now proven to lead to chronic illnesses, the incidence of sleep disorders here should increase in the future.
The Asia Pacific region (APAC) is expected to register the fastest growth in this market. Increased adoption of western standards of work and their lifestyle should contribute to the development of chronic illnesses. Diabetes is one illness that is rising in prevalence here yet is difficult to diagnose among the regional population. As healthcare investment rises, so should the diagnosis of this and associated conditions like sleep apnea.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in global home sleep screening devices market, ask for a customized report here
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.