Hollow Fiber Dialyzers Market: Introduction
- Dialyzer, also known as artificial kidney, is used to remove excess wastes and fluids from blood. It is used in patients with kidneys that are unable to perform their tasks. Dialyzer consists of fibrous material forming a semipermeable membrane that enables passage of smaller particles and liquids.
- Hollow fiber dialyzer consists of 7–17 x 10^3 semipermeable hollow fibers. These fibers enable transfer of solute and fluid between blood and dialysate. The fibers have a diameter of 180 microns to 200 microns and wall thickness of 30 microns to 40 microns. These help to distribute dialysate flow evenly through the fiber bundle. The dialysate compartment consists of outer covering in which fiber bundle is enclosed.
- The header is enclosed by end cap and the polyurethane potting material. The end cap holds the fibers firmly, forming a barrier between the blood and dialysate compartments. The function of a header is to allow blood flow from the dialyzer inlet into the membrane fibers and then form the files in the dialyzer outlet.
Key Drivers Global Hollow Fiber Dialyzers Market
- The global hollow fiber dialyzers market is primarily driven by increase in incidence of renal diseases, especially chronic kidney diseases and end stage renal disease (ESRD), surge in the geriatric population, new product launches, and rise in adoption of hollow fiber dialyzers
- According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), nearly 15% of adults i.e., 37 million people, in the U.S. are likely to have chronic kidney disease. The disease is common in people aged 65 years or older than in people aged 45 to 64 or 18 to 44 years.
High Flux Hollow Fiber Dialyzers Segment to Account for Major Market Share
- In terms of product type, the global market can be bifurcated into low flux hollow fiber dialyzers and high flux hollow fiber dialyzers
- The high flux hollow fiber dialyzers segment is anticipated to dominate the global hollow fiber dialyzers market during the forecast period, due to increase in preference for high flux membrane over low flux membrane, as high flux membranes are more efficient in the removal of larger molecules during dialysis
Synthetic Membranes Segment to Capture Prominent Market Share
- Based on membrane type, the global hollow fiber dialyzers market can be categorized into cellulosynthetic membranes and synthetic membranes. The synthetic membranes segment can be split into polysulfone, cellulose triacetate, polypropylene, polycarbonate, and others.
- The synthetic membranes segment is expected to account for major share of the global hollow fiber dialyzers market by 2030. This is attributed to rise in the adoption of synthetic membrane dialyzers, increase in number of suppliers, and wide range of products available
North America to Dominate Global Hollow Fiber Dialyzers Market
- In terms of region, the global hollow fiber dialyzers market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is projected to dominate the global hollow fiber dialyzers market during the forecast period. The market in North America is anticipated to be driven by increase in use of emerging technologies in dialysis, rise in prevalence of kidney diseases, and presence of prominent manufacturers and suppliers of dialyzers, especially in the U.S.
Key Players Operating in Global Hollow Fiber Dialyzers Market
The global hollow fiber dialyzers market is highly fragmented, with a large number of domestic players accounting for major market share. Key players operating in the global hollow fiber dialyzers market are:
- Fresenius SE
- Asahi Kasei Corporation
- Toray Medical
- NIPRO Corporation
- Allmed Medical GmbH
- Kawasumi Laboratories
- Baxter International, Inc.
- Weigao Group
- Shanghai Peony Medical
Global Hollow Fiber Dialyzers Market: Research Scope
Global Hollow Fiber Dialyzers Market, by Type
- Low Flux Hollow Fiber Dialyzers
- High Flux Hollow Fiber Dialyzers
Global Hollow Fiber Dialyzers Market, by Membrane Material
- Cellulosynthetic Membrane
- Synthetic Membrane
- Cellulose Triacetate
Global Hollow Fiber Dialyzers Market, by End-user
- Hospitals & Clinics
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers