HIV Self Tests Market: Introduction
- HIV self test is a rapid test as it presents quicker results and is easy to perform. HIV self tests are also called point-of-care tests in HIV diagnosis. These tests can detect HIV antibodies and antigen, while some tests can detect both. HIV self tests can be performed using oral fluid, dried blood spots, etc.
- Low cost, ease of usage, quick results, and high specificity and sensitivity are few factors driving the growth of the market
- According to the WHO, global HIV self-test procurement volumes exceeded 1 million tests in 2017 and are estimated to increase rapidly to 16.4 million by the end of 2020
Key Drivers of Global HIV Self Tests Market
- Rise in prevalence of HIV is projected to increase the demand for HIV self testing kits, which, in turn, is anticipated to boost the growth of the market. According to the WHO, HIV continues to be a major global public health issue, having claimed more than 32 million lives so far. In 2018, 770,000 people died of HIV-related causes globally.
- Rise in adoption rate of HIV self-tests is projected to drive the HIV self tests market during the forecast period
- Increase in awareness about importance of HIV diagnosis is expected to drive the market during the forecast period. According to the United Nations University (UNU) estimates, the percentage of the world population above 65 years of age is anticipated to increase from 9% in 2010 to 16% by 2050.
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Comprehensive HIV Self Tests Market Brochure
North America to Hold Major Share of Global HIV Self Tests Market
- North America is a leading market for HIV self tests. Growth of the market in the U.S. can be attributed to increase in the seroprevalence of the disease in the country. The efforts to increase awareness about the adverse effects in certain cases if left undiagnosed and untreated contributes to the increase in demand for diagnosis. Growth of the market in the region can be attributed to the increase in adoption of HIV self tests kits by young individuals.
- Governments of the European countries have favorable reimbursement policies. This is anticipated to propel the market in Europe during the forecast period. Health care reimbursement is reforming significantly, which is driving people to undertake HIV self testing.
- HIV self tests market in Asia Pacific is projected to grow at a rapid pace in the near future. India and China are anticipated to be lucrative markets for HIV self testing kits during the forecast period, owing to high prevalence of HIV. Increase in awareness and implementation of government programs for HIV testing in pregnant woman is driving the growth of the segment.
- Inclination toward the use of self testing kits in medical practice and overall improvement in health care infrastructure are major factors boosting the HIV self tests market in Asia Pacific
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom HIV Self Tests Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Major players operating in the global HIV self tests market are:
- Atomo Diagnostics
- BioSURE United Kingdom, Ltd.
- Biosynex Group
- bioLytical Laboratories
- OraSure Technologies, Inc.
- Chembio Diagnostic Systems, Inc.
- Orangelife Comércio e Indústria LTDA
- Bedford Biotech Nigeria
- Sedia Biosciences Corporation
Global HIV Self Tests Market: Research Scope
Global HIV Self Tests Market, by Specimen Type
- Oral Fluid
Global HIV Self Tests Market, by Technology
- Lateral Flow Immunoassay
- Fluorescent Chromatography
Global HIV Self Tests Market, by Tests Generation
Global HIV Self Tests Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.