HIV/AIDS Diagnostics Market
HIV/AIDS Diagnostics Market (Product: Kits & Reagents and Instruments; Test: Nucleic Acid Tests, Rapid Tests (POC), ELISA, and Others; End User: Hospitals, Diagnostic Laboratories, Academic & Research Institutes, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Stakeholders to Scale Up Operations Due to Increased Demand for POC Treatment and VL Tests
HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus) and AIDS (Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome) are global health problems. As such, there is growing demand to improve the effectiveness and simplify tests for HIV diagnostics, without compromising on the patient’s quality of life.
This growing demand for efficacious treatment in the HIV/AIDS diagnostics landscape has led stakeholders in the healthcare industry to leverage medical infrastructure with new discoveries and innovations in POC (Point of Care) instruments via research & development. POC devices are easy to operate and maintain, and can be conveniently transported. POC tests also eliminate the need for laboratory technicians to operate the devices.
Recent developments in the HIV/AIDS diagnostics landscape have resulted in tremendous improvements in Point of Care (POC) technologies. These advancements in technologies have led to the adoption of ART (Antiretrovial Therapy) treatment. ART treatment is playing an important role in helping stakeholders provide high-quality diagnostics, especially in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs). As such, in the HIV/AIDS diagnostics landscape, stakeholders are scaling up operations due to the increased demand for CD4 (Cluster of Differentiation 4) tests, viral load (VL) testing, HIV rapid diagnostic tests (RDTs), and HIV early-infant diagnosis (EID) tests.
To know the segments analyzed in the TMR report, ask for a brochure here.
Ultrasensitive HIV Tests Kits Serve as Promising Alternative for Early HIV Detection
In the HIV/AIDS diagnostics landscape, there is growing demand for fourth- and fifth-generation treatment options. Recent developments in Enzyme Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA) and HIV test kits have shown that, the effective performance of the test kits depends upon the genetic diversities of people living in different countries of the world. Thus, stakeholders must consider the evaluation of HIV test kits on the basis of the country’s genetic diversity.
Latest research studies in the HIV/AIDS diagnostics landscape have stated the results of Genscreen ULTRA HIV Ag-Ab and Bioelisa — both HIV test kits. These test kits are highly sensitive in detecting HIV, and are effective in detecting almost all seroconversion panels. Apart from HIV test kits, nucleic acid tests also dominate the HIV/AIDS diagnostics market. Viral capsid protein p24 serves as an efficacious alternative as an early biomarker of the infection. As such, emerging and ultrasensitive assays are showing promising treatment approaches for stakeholders.
To know more about TMRs unique offerings for HIV/AIDS Diagnostics Market, request a sample here
Strengthening Diagnostics Capacity by Decentralizing HIV Care and Technological Advancements
Trends in the HIV/AIDS diagnostics landscape will be influenced by the need to reduce visits to hospitals and diagnostic laboratories, a shift in monitoring HIV from CD4 to VL testing, approbation of the latest pediatric guidelines and adherence to WHO (World Health Organization) HIV testing norms. Thus, stakeholders in the HIV/AIDS diagnostics landscape must focus on increasing the availability of POC technologies for VL, and meet the increasing demand for EID tests. However, they will likely face the challenge of lack of developmental and technological innovations in LMICs. This gap of technological advancement can be fulfilled by strengthening diagnostic capacity in decentralizing HIV care and treatment solutions for technologically-backward regions.
As far as HICs (high-income countries) are concerned, ongoing research & development efforts are being navigated towards identifying the needs of patients, complying with government regulations, and driving innovations in the design and testing of diagnostic products in the HIV/AIDS diagnostics landscape. For instance, in February 2019, Hologic, Inc. — a leading medical technology company, announced the launch of Aptima HIV-1 Quant Dx Assay, which is a one-of-its-kind dual-claim assay used for early infant diagnosis (EID) and viral load (VL).
Get a snapshot of the latest report on HIV/AIDS Diagnostics Market with Custom Report here
Analysts of the HIV/AIDS diagnostics market share a promising outlook for the forecast period of 2019-2027. The HIV/AIDS diagnostics market is estimated to grow at a steady rate of ~9%. The market is currently valued at ~US$ 3 billion, and is expected to reach ~US$ 6.2 billion by the end of 2027. The HIV/AIDS diagnostics market is driven by technological innovations such as HIV rapid tests, SAMBA (Simple Amplification Based Assay) nucleic acid test, and adhering to 'ASSURED' (Affordable, Sensitive, Specific, User-Friendly, Rapid and Robust, Equipment-Free and Deliverable to End Users) criteria outlined by the World Health Organization.
HIV/AIDS Diagnostics Market: Overview
- The global HIV/AIDS diagnostics market is projected to be valued at ~US$ 3.2 Bn in 2019.
- The HIV/AIDS diagnostics market is expected to expand at a CAGR of ~9% from 2019 to 2027.
- The global HIV/AIDS diagnostics market is expected to reach a value of ~US$ 6.2 Bn in 2019.
HIV/AIDS Diagnostics: Related Factors
- High prevalence of HIV, rise in adoption rate of HIV self-tests, increase in awareness about HIV diagnosis, surge in the rate of infection among young adults, and rise in co-infections are the key factors that fuel the growth of the global HIV/AIDS diagnostics market.
- Blood tests are the most common method to diagnose human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), the virus that causes acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS). These tests look for antibodies to the virus that are present in the blood of infected individuals.
- HIV infection is often diagnosed through rapid diagnostic tests (RDTs), which detect the presence or absence of HIV antibodies. Most often, these tests provide same-day test results, which are essential for early diagnosis, treatment, and care.
Global HIV/AIDS Diagnostics Market: Drivers & Restraints
- HIV continues to be a public health issue. According to the WHO, HIV is a major global public health issue, having claimed more than 32 million lives. In 2018, 770,000 people succumbed to HIV-related causes, globally. There were approximately 37.9 million people living with HIV at the end of 2018, with 1.7 million people becoming newly infected in 2018. A majority of the affected population lives in lower- and middle-income countries. Of the diagnosed population, around 23.3 million people are undergoing antiretroviral therapy. Hence, rise in the prevalence of HIV is projected to increase the demand for HIV/AIDS diagnostics, which, in turn, is anticipated to boost the growth of the HIV/AIDS diagnostics market.
- In 2016, the WHO published the first global guidelines on HIV self-testing, in which HIV self-testing was recommended to be offered as an additional approach to HIV testing services. Fifty nine countries have adopted HIV self-testing policies, while many others are currently developing them. The market for HIV self-tests continues to evolve rapidly. According to the WHO, global HIV self-test procurement volumes exceeded 1 million tests in 2017, and are estimated to increase rapidly to 16.4 million by the end of 2020. As such, the HIV/AIDS diagnostics market is projected to grow at a fast rate.
- Several government organizations and agencies have developed public awareness campaigns for HIV diagnosis, treatment, and care. A campaign sponsored by the CDC called ‘Doing It’ creates awareness about the importance of HIV testing for all age groups. The campaign focuses on high-risk groups in the U.S. Another campaign named ‘One Test. Two Lives’ encourages healthcare providers to test pregnant women for HIV to reduce the number of infants born with HIV. These campaigns and initiatives boost the growth of the global market.
- Limited skilled human resources, lack of equipment, inadequate quality control programs, and weak supply chains for reagents and consumables are posing major hindrances in the HIV/AIDS diagnostics market. Laboratories should have facilities appropriate for the type of work conducted. These facilities should permit maintaining experimental arrangements for extended periods of time during ongoing research projects. Testing technologies are useful in a broad spectrum of resource-limited settings, but these have disadvantages. With the exception of rapid tests, other diagnostic technologies are costly, take hours to perform, and require highly-skilled technicians and dedicated laboratory spaces.
HIV/AIDS Diagnostics Market: Key Players
The report provides the company profiles section that includes key information about the major players in the global HIV/AIDS diagnostics market.
- Key players in the HIV/AIDS diagnostics market have been profiled based on key attributes such as company overview, product portfolio, financial overview, recent developments, and competitive business strategies.
- Leading players analyzed in the global HIV/AIDS diagnostics market report include
- Hologic, Inc.
- Abbott, Bio-Rad Laboratories
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- OraSure Technologies, Inc.
- Siemens Healthineers
- Chembio Diagnostic Systems
- Danaher Corporation
- Dickinson and Company.
HIV/AIDS Diagnostics Market - Scope of the Report
[202 Pages Report] A new study on the global HIV/AIDS diagnostics market was published by Transparency Market Research (TMR). It presents a wealth of information on key market dynamics, including the drivers, market trends, and challenges, as well as the structure of the HIV/AIDS diagnostics market. TMR’s study offers important information about the HIV/AIDS diagnostics market, to demonstrate how growth will discern during the forecast period of 2019–2027. The HIV/AIDS diagnostics market analysis also gives a detailed understanding of the key trends and developments made by major players in the market.
Key drivers of market growth, which elucidate value chain as well as supply chain analysis and Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR), are mentioned in TMR’s study in a comprehensive manner. This data can help stakeholders interpret the quantitative growth aspects of the HIV/AIDS diagnostics market during the forecast period.
An extensive analysis on leading market players’ business strategies is also featured in TMR’s study on the HIV/AIDS diagnostics market. This can help readers understand principal factors to foresee growth in the HIV/AIDS diagnostics market. In this study, readers can also find specific data on the qualitative and quantitative growth avenues for the HIV/AIDS diagnostics market, which will guide market players in making informed decisions in the future.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s HIV/AIDS Diagnostics Market Study
- What is the scope of growth for the HIV/AIDS diagnostics market in the rapid tests (POC) landscape?
- Will North America continue to remain the most profitable regional market for HIV/AIDS diagnostics providers?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the HIV/AIDS diagnostics market between 2019 and 2027?
- Which are the leading companies in the global HIV/AIDS diagnostics market?
- What is the influence of the changing trends in technologies for the ELISA test in the HIV/AIDS diagnostics landscape?
- Which factors will impede the growth of the HIV/AIDS diagnostics market during the forecast period?
A unique research methodology is utilized by TMR to conduct a comprehensive research on the growth of the HIV/AIDS diagnostics market, and to arrive at conclusions on the future growth prospects of the market. This research methodology is a consolidation of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts justify the accuracy and authenticity of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary resources referred by to analysts during the production of the HIV/AIDS diagnostics market report include statistics from company annual reports, World Bank database, company websites, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence consultants, who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the HIV/AIDS diagnostics market, as a primary resource.
These primary and secondary resources provided exclusive information during the interviews, which serves as a validation from HIV/AIDS diagnostics industry leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases allows for this report to address specific details and questions about the HIV/AIDS diagnostics market with accuracy. The study also uses a top-down approach to assess the numbers for each segment, and a bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in making TMR’s estimates on the future prospects of the HIV/AIDS diagnostics market more reliable and accurate.
Segmentation of the HIV/AIDS Diagnostics Market
TMR’s study on the HIV/AIDS diagnostics market includes information bifurcated into four sections ? product, test, end user, and region. Changing industry trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with these sections of the HIV/AIDS diagnostics market are discussed in detail.
Kits & Reagents
Rapid Tests (POC)
Nucleic Acid Tests
Academic and Research Institutes
Middle East & Africa