High Purity Graphite: Introduction
- Over the last few years, graphite has been a focus of several companies, owing to technological advancements in battery production to cater to the rising demand for electric vehicles and green energy
- Natural and synthetic graphite are two types of graphite available in the market. Natural graphite is a cost-effective version of graphite. On the other hand, synthetic graphite is a high-cost material and its production is not eco-friendly, as it requires high temperatures.
- High purity graphite is widely used in various applications such as lithium-ion batteries for electric vehicles and energy storage in consumer electronics. Thus, rising popularity of electric vehicles and technological advancements in the design of electric vehicles are anticipated to augment the demand for lithium-ion batteries in the next few years. This, in turn, is projected to boost the demand for high purity graphite during the forecast period.
- However, high prices of high purity graphite are estimated to hamper the global high purity graphite market during the forecast period.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Rising Production of Electric Vehicles to Drive Global High Purity Graphite market
- Focus by key automobile manufacturers on the development of electric vehicles, led by government initiatives to encourage the sale of electric vehicles for use in both private and public transportation, has augmented the demand for lithium-ion batteries
- Furthermore, increasing adoption of battery electric vehicles (BEVs), plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEVs), and hybrid electric vehicles (HEVs), primarily in North America and Europe, is projected to boost the demand for lithium-ion batteries in these regions during the forecast period
- Thus, rising popularity of electric vehicles and technological advancements in the design of electric vehicles are anticipated to fuel the demand for lithium-ion batteries. This, in turn, is projected to boost the demand for high purity graphite during the forecast period.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape , ask for a customized report
Asia Pacific to Hold a Leading Share of Global High Purity Graphite Market
- Geographically, the global market for high purity graphite can be segmented into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is a leading consumer of high purity graphite, followed by North America and Europe. Rising demand for lithium-ion batteries in China, Japan, and South Korea, led by well-established automobile manufacturing and electronic device manufacturing industries in these countries, is expected to fuel the demand for high purity graphite in Asia Pacific during the forecast period.
- Moreover, presence of established automotive and metal manufacturing industries in the Asia Pacific region is expected to generate constant demand for high-temperature furnaces in the region in the next few years. The increasing operational standards to meet the environment-related norms are boosting the demand for advanced materials, such as high purity graphite, in these applications.
- Furthermore, emergence of applications of lithium-ion batteries, such as electronic wearables, which require small batteries with enhanced charging time and long-lasting battery operations, is anticipated to propel the demand for high purity graphite in Asia Pacific between 2019 and 2027
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global high purity graphite market is fragmented, among a large number of local as well as global players. Global players have expanded their portfolios and are offering high purity graphite for use in numerous applications. Key players are focusing on the development of new products to meet the requirements of emerging applications and reduce the product cost. A few of the key players operating in the global high purity graphite market are:
- Toyo Tanso
- Saint Jean Carbon
- Imerys Graphite & Carbon
- Tokai Carbon Co., Ltd.
- SGL Carbon
- Leading Edge Materials Corp.
- Graphite India
Global High Purity Graphite Market: Research Scope
Global High Purity Graphite Market, by Purity
- Ultra High Purity (>99.5%)
- High Purity (>99%)
Global High Purity Graphite Market, by Application
- Lithium-ion Batteries
- Electric Vehicles
- Energy Store
- Consumer Electronics
- High-temperature Furnaces
- Metal Manufacturing
- Others (Including Lead–Acid Batteries and Fuel Cells)
Global High Purity Graphite Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.