High Purity Graphite: Introduction
- Over the last few years, graphite has been a focus of several companies, owing to technological advancements in battery production to cater to the rising demand for electric vehicles and green energy
- Natural and synthetic graphite are two types of graphite available in the market. Natural graphite is a cost-effective version of graphite. On the other hand, synthetic graphite is a high-cost material and its production is not eco-friendly, as it requires high temperatures.
- High purity graphite is widely used in various applications such as lithium-ion batteries for electric vehicles and energy storage in consumer electronics. Thus, rising popularity of electric vehicles and technological advancements in the design of electric vehicles are anticipated to augment the demand for lithium-ion batteries in the next few years. This, in turn, is projected to boost the demand for high purity graphite during the forecast period.
- However, high prices of high purity graphite are estimated to hamper the global high purity graphite market during the forecast period.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Rising Production of Electric Vehicles to Drive Global High Purity Graphite market
- Focus by key automobile manufacturers on the development of electric vehicles, led by government initiatives to encourage the sale of electric vehicles for use in both private and public transportation, has augmented the demand for lithium-ion batteries
- Furthermore, increasing adoption of battery electric vehicles (BEVs), plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEVs), and hybrid electric vehicles (HEVs), primarily in North America and Europe, is projected to boost the demand for lithium-ion batteries in these regions during the forecast period
- Thus, rising popularity of electric vehicles and technological advancements in the design of electric vehicles are anticipated to fuel the demand for lithium-ion batteries. This, in turn, is projected to boost the demand for high purity graphite during the forecast period.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape , ask for a customized report
Asia Pacific to Hold a Leading Share of Global High Purity Graphite Market
- Geographically, the global market for high purity graphite can be segmented into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is a leading consumer of high purity graphite, followed by North America and Europe. Rising demand for lithium-ion batteries in China, Japan, and South Korea, led by well-established automobile manufacturing and electronic device manufacturing industries in these countries, is expected to fuel the demand for high purity graphite in Asia Pacific during the forecast period.
- Moreover, presence of established automotive and metal manufacturing industries in the Asia Pacific region is expected to generate constant demand for high-temperature furnaces in the region in the next few years. The increasing operational standards to meet the environment-related norms are boosting the demand for advanced materials, such as high purity graphite, in these applications.
- Furthermore, emergence of applications of lithium-ion batteries, such as electronic wearables, which require small batteries with enhanced charging time and long-lasting battery operations, is anticipated to propel the demand for high purity graphite in Asia Pacific between 2019 and 2027
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global high purity graphite market is fragmented, among a large number of local as well as global players. Global players have expanded their portfolios and are offering high purity graphite for use in numerous applications. Key players are focusing on the development of new products to meet the requirements of emerging applications and reduce the product cost. A few of the key players operating in the global high purity graphite market are:
- Toyo Tanso
- Saint Jean Carbon
- Imerys Graphite & Carbon
- Tokai Carbon Co., Ltd.
- SGL Carbon
- Leading Edge Materials Corp.
- Graphite India
Global High Purity Graphite Market: Research Scope
Global High Purity Graphite Market, by Purity
- Ultra High Purity (>99.5%)
- High Purity (>99%)
Global High Purity Graphite Market, by Application
- Lithium-ion Batteries
- Electric Vehicles
- Energy Store
- Consumer Electronics
- High-temperature Furnaces
- Metal Manufacturing
- Others (Including Lead–Acid Batteries and Fuel Cells)
Global High Purity Graphite Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.