High Performance Lubricants
- Lubricant is a substance used to decrease the friction between surfaces in contact with each other. This property of reducing friction is known as lubricity. Lubricant helps reduce heat generation and wear & tear of a device.
- The appropriate type of lubricant is selected depending on the lubricity and operational temperature. In case of high temperature or specialized operations, the usual lubricants are not feasible, as they may adversely affect the process or instrument. In such cases, high performance lubricants are used depending upon the working conditions and required performance.
- High performance lubricants are designed for high and low temperatures; and dusty and damp environmental conditions. They also help optimize the maintenance and servicing cycle of the equipment by using the right oils and greases. This enables manufacturing processes to become more cost effective.
- High performance lubricants offer long lasting performance capabilities, thus minimizing the risk of failures. They also increase efficiency of machines.
Key Drivers of Global High Performance Lubricants Market
- Demand for high performance lubricants has been increasing owing to the rise in industrialization and automation across the globe. Advantages of high performance lubricants and their improved properties, such as reduced gear wear, reduced flammability, and increased service life, are the major factors driving the global high performance lubricants market.
- Rise in demand for automobiles across the globe is also anticipated to boost the demand for high performance lubricants in the next few years
- In 2019, Indian Oil Corporation Ltd launched high performance lubricants for new generation cars. The company launched two new high performance grades of its engine oils: SERVO SuperMile Plus and SERVO SuperMile. SERVO SuperMile Plus is a high quality synthetic engine oil suited for new generation petrol and diesel cars. It offers up to 2% rise in fuel economy.
North America to Hold Major Share of Global High Performance Lubricants Market
- Based on region, the global high performance lubricants market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global high performance lubricants market in 2019, owing to rise in investment in technological advancements in the industrial sector. The region is among the major producers of high performance lubricants, led by the presence of major petrochemical companies, primarily in the U.S.
- Europe is anticipated to account for vital share of the global high performance lubricants market during the forecast period. High performance lubricants perform well in extremely cold conditions and have no effect on the lubricity of lubricants. This is anticipated to drive the market in Europe in the near future.
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to be a highly attractive region of the global high performance lubricants market during the forecast period. Growth in the industrial sector and increase in demand for automobiles in the region are likely to boost the market in Asia Pacific.
- The market in Middle East & Africa is estimated to expand at a healthy pace, owing to expansion in automotive and industrial sectors in the region. Middle East & Africa has well established oil refineries that are focusing on the production of high performance lubricants.
- The market in Latin America is likely to expand at a sluggish pace during the forecast period
Key Players Operating in Market
Major companies operating in the global high performance lubricants market are:
- Royal Dutch Shell plc.
- Exxon Mobil Corporation
- BP plc.
- Chevron Corporation
- Indian Oil Corporation Ltd
- Total Lubricants
- High Performance Lubricants
- Telko Ltd
- Gulf Oil Corporation Limited
- Idemitsu Kosan Co. Ltd.
Global High Performance Lubricants Market: Research Scope
Global High Performance Lubricants Market, by Source
Global High Performance Lubricants Market, by Type
- Engine Oil
- Hydraulic & Transmission Fluids
- Metalworking Fluids
- General Industrial Oil
- Process Oil
Global High Performance Lubricants Market, by End-use
- Automotive & Transportation
- Heavy Machinery & Equipment
- Food & Beverages
- Power Generation
- Chemical Manufacturing
Global High Performance Lubricants Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.