Herpes Simplex Virus Infection Treatments Market: Introduction
- Herpes simplex virus infection is commonly known as herpes. The two types of herpes simplex virus (HSV) are HSV-1 (known to cause orofacial disease such as cold sores) and HSV-2 (causes genital infections). Over 80% of herpes infections are asymptomatic. Symptomatic infections are presented with blistering sores, pain during urination, swollen lymph nodes, and fever. The period of latency and mode of reactivation of HSV is still unclear.
- According to prevalence statistics published by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), HSV-2 prevalence was over 16% among the population of the U.S. and primarily affected African-American women. The Public Health Agency of Canada indicated that prevalence of HSV-1 infection is greater than HSV-2 infections in most of regions. Various publications also show that prevalence of HSV is higher in low and middle income countries. Hence, prevalence of herpes simplex virus is expected to be high in countries in Africa. Demand for cost-effective diagnostic tests is high due to underdeveloped economic conditions.
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Global Herpes Simplex Virus Infection Treatments Market
- Rise in prevalence of HSV infection, increase in rate of new infections, and continuous mutations in the microorganisms leading to new strains are key factors driving the global herpes simplex virus infection treatments market. Furthermore, increase in modes of transmission of the infectious disease and lack of cleanliness in developing regions are further fueling the herpes simplex virus infection treatments market. According to the WHO, more women are infected with HSV-2 than men. In 2012, an estimated 267 million women and 150 million men were living with the infection.
- Rise in burden of HSV encephalitis is anticipated to propel the market in this particular segment. As per the National Organizations for Rare Disorders, the prevalence of acute encephalitis in the U.S. is around 2,000 cases per year, and it includes around 10% of total cases of encephalitis occurring in the U.S.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Herpes Simplex Virus Infection Treatments Market
In terms of region, the global herpes simplex virus infection treatments market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Rest of the World. North America is anticipated to dominate the global genital herpes market due to a rise in cases of infections of herpes simplex virus. As per the American Sexual Health Association, around 50% of the population in the U.S. suffers from oral herpes that is caused by HSV-1. Furthermore, approximately one in eight people is likely to suffer from HSV-2 infection. Moreover, as per the National Institutes of Health, by the age of 50, approximately 90% of people in the U.S. are exposed to this virus. Hence, this fuels the need for treatment of herpes and subsequently, propels the herpes simplex virus treatment market.
Key Players Operating in Global Herpes Simplex Virus Infection Treatments Market
Key players operating in the global herpes simplex virus infection treatments market are GlaxoSmithKline plc, Merck & Co., Inc., Novartis AG, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., Agenus, Inc., Maruho Co. Ltd., Sanofi Pasteur SA., Chimerix, Admedus, and AiCuris Anti-infective Cures GmbH. Major Players operating in the global herpes simplex virus infection treatments market are:
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Novartis AG
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Agenus, Inc.
- Maruho Co. Ltd.
- Sanofi Pasteur SA.
- AiCuris Anti-infective Cures GmbH
- Teva Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Apotex Inc.
- Mylan Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Epi Health LLC
- Zydus Pharmaceuticals
- Carlsbad Tech
- Avet Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Fresenius Kabi
Global Herpes Simplex Virus Infection Treatments Market: Research Scope
Global Herpes Simplex Virus Infection Treatments Market, by Virus Type
- Herpes simplex virus-1 (HSV-1) infection
- Herpes simplex virus-2 (HSV-2) infection
- HSV1 & HSV2 co-infection
Global Herpes Simplex Virus Infection Treatments Market, by Route of Administration
Global Herpes Simplex Virus Infection Treatments Market, by Drug Molecule
- Small molecule
Global Herpes Simplex Virus Infection Treatments Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital pharmacies
- Retail pharmacies
- Online pharmacies
Global Herpes Simplex Virus Infection Treatments Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.