Hernia is one of the common conditions affecting a large percentage of population across the world. It causes chronic pain. Hernia is a condition often characterized by protrusions of organs, primarily intestines, via a weakened section of the abdominal wall. If left untreated, hernia results in widening of the split in the muscles, thereby pushing tissues or organs through the opening or weakened muscles along with the formation of a sac-like structure. The weakening of abdominal wall can take place at birth or during the lifetime of a person. Hernia can be diagnosed with the help of a physical examination and clinical laboratory tests. Physical examination entails thorough scrutiny of the physical area of the bulge or lump, while clinical laboratory tests such as blood tests, urinalysis, and imaging platforms are conducted especially in the case of cardiac patients. Different types of meshes are used for hernia repair depending upon composition, material used, and other physical properties such as tensile strength, weight, stiffness, and elasticity.
The global hernia mesh devices market has been segmented based on type of hernia, material, type of mesh, and end-user. In terms of type of hernia, the market has been segmented into inguinal hernia, femoral hernia, umbilical hernia, hiatal hernia, and incisional hernia. The inguinal hernia segment dominated the global hernia mesh devices market in 2017, driven by the increase in incidence of inguinal hernias owing to changing lifestyles, especially in developed countries. Based on material, the market has been divided into polyester, polypropylene, and polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE). In terms of type of mesh, the market has been bifurcated into synthetic and biological. The synthetic mesh segment dominated the global hernia mesh devices market in 2017, led by the increase in demand for synthetic meshes, technological advances in meshes, and introduction of new products in the market. However, reports of surgical complications during the use of synthetic meshes along with mesh rejection resulting into reoccurrence of the condition are estimated to hamper the synthetic mesh segment during the forecast period. Rise in adoption of biological mesh, due to lower complications, and reduced mesh rejections are likely to drive the segment during the forecast period. Based on end-user, the hernia mesh devices market has been classified into hospitals, specialty clinics, ambulatory surgery centers, and others. The hospitals segment is expected to dominate the global hernia mesh devices market during the forecast period owing to the increase in adoption of new techniques, provision of better health care facilities, and ease of access to hospitals. However, rise in emergency treatments related to hernia, especially in the developed countries, is expected to drive the ambulatory surgery centers segment during the forecast period.
In terms of geography, the global hernia mesh devices market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America accounted for significant share of the global market in 2017 owing to the extensive research and technological advancements in the region. Increase in surgical procedures and improvement in reimbursement scenario are also likely to propel the hernia mesh devices market in the region. Favorable reimbursement policies, regulatory framework focused on patient safety, and high treatment efficacy standards are estimated to augment the market in North America. Europe also accounted for key share of the global hernia mesh devices market in 2017 due to the presence of enhanced health care processes and increase in hernia surgery procedures in the region. Furthermore, rise in geriatric population is anticipated to propel the hernia mesh devices market in Europe. Improvement in health care infrastructure and increase in patient awareness about hernia treatment options are projected to drive the market in Asia Pacific. Growth in medical tourism in Asia Pacific is also projected to boost the market. Countries in Latin America such as Mexico and Brazil offer lucrative opportunities to the hernia mesh devices market due to the developing medical structure and high disposable income of people.
Key companies operating in the global hernia mesh devices market are Medtronic plc, Becton, Dickinson and Company, Johnson & Johnson, Cook Medical, Inc., Stryker Corporation, and B. Braun Melsungen AG. These players have adopted product development strategies such as approvals, product launches, and clinical trials in order to increase their market share.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.