Global Hereditary Cancer Testing Market: Overview
- Hereditary cancers are caused by gene mutations that people are born with; passed down to them from either their mother or their father. According to many medical research report, between 5% and 10% of many common cancers are considered hereditary.
- Genetic testing is done to determine whether someone carries a harmful variant of genes and it also help to determine whether family members who have not yet developed a cancer have inherited the same variant as a family member who is known to carry a harmful (cancer susceptibility predisposing) variant.
- Different types of gene mutations are responsible for different cancers. For instance, BRCA1 and BRCA2 are the two genes most commonly responsible for hereditary breast and ovarian cancer.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Key Drivers of Global Hereditary Cancer Testing Market
- Breast cancer is one of the most common cancers in the world affecting almost 12.5% of women during their lifetime and 5%–10% of these patients have a hereditary form. BRCA1 and BRCA2 genes are the most commonly mutated genes, but additional genes associated with hereditary breast cancer are emerging. New advances in genomic technologies have led to parallel testing of multiple genes. Customized next generation sequencing panels are now providing the simultaneous analysis of breast cancer predisposition genes, from high to intermediate penetrant genes. This development in genomic technology is likely to drive the market.
Restraints of Global Hereditary Cancer Testing Market
- The implementation of hereditary multigene panel testing arises many issues, such as which are the criteria that patients have to meet in order to undergo the test and the patient’s clinical management. The utilization of the test must be in compliance with the recommendations for genetic testing identified in the (American Society of Clinical Oncology, Inc.) ASCO policy. This can limit the number of tests.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
North America to Account for Major Share of Global Hereditary Cancer Testing Market
- Rapid expansion of the test due to high awareness, high incident rate of cancer specially breast cancer, and favorable reimbursement policies are expected to drive the market in North America. Many research studies estimate that more than 276,000 new cases of invasive breast cancer are likely to be diagnosed in U.S. women in 2020.
- Male breast cancer represents less than 1% of all breast cancer diagnoses. Data from research study states that about 2,600 new cases of breast cancer are expected to be diagnosed in men in 2020.
Key Players Operating in Global Hereditary Cancer Testing Market
Major players operating in the global hereditary cancer testing market are:
- CENTOGENE N.V.
- Ambry Genetics
- Myriad Genetics, Inc.
- NeoGenomics Laboratories, Inc.
- Quest Diagnostics
- OPKO Health, Inc.
- Fulgent Genetics
- Invitae Corporation.
- Medical Diagnostic Laboratories, L.L.C.
Global Hereditary Cancer Testing Market: Research Scope
Global Hereditary Cancer Testing Market, by Test Type
- Multi Panel Test
- Single-site Genetic Test
Global Hereditary Cancer Testing Market, by Indication
- Breast Cancer
- Ovarian Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
Global Hereditary Cancer Testing Market, by End-user
- Diagnostic Laboratory
Others Global Hereditary Cancer Testing Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.