Global Hereditary Cancer Testing Market: Overview
- Hereditary cancers are caused by gene mutations that people are born with; passed down to them from either their mother or their father. According to many medical research report, between 5% and 10% of many common cancers are considered hereditary.
- Genetic testing is done to determine whether someone carries a harmful variant of genes and it also help to determine whether family members who have not yet developed a cancer have inherited the same variant as a family member who is known to carry a harmful (cancer susceptibility predisposing) variant.
- Different types of gene mutations are responsible for different cancers. For instance, BRCA1 and BRCA2 are the two genes most commonly responsible for hereditary breast and ovarian cancer.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Key Drivers of Global Hereditary Cancer Testing Market
- Breast cancer is one of the most common cancers in the world affecting almost 12.5% of women during their lifetime and 5%–10% of these patients have a hereditary form. BRCA1 and BRCA2 genes are the most commonly mutated genes, but additional genes associated with hereditary breast cancer are emerging. New advances in genomic technologies have led to parallel testing of multiple genes. Customized next generation sequencing panels are now providing the simultaneous analysis of breast cancer predisposition genes, from high to intermediate penetrant genes. This development in genomic technology is likely to drive the market.
Restraints of Global Hereditary Cancer Testing Market
- The implementation of hereditary multigene panel testing arises many issues, such as which are the criteria that patients have to meet in order to undergo the test and the patient’s clinical management. The utilization of the test must be in compliance with the recommendations for genetic testing identified in the (American Society of Clinical Oncology, Inc.) ASCO policy. This can limit the number of tests.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
North America to Account for Major Share of Global Hereditary Cancer Testing Market
- Rapid expansion of the test due to high awareness, high incident rate of cancer specially breast cancer, and favorable reimbursement policies are expected to drive the market in North America. Many research studies estimate that more than 276,000 new cases of invasive breast cancer are likely to be diagnosed in U.S. women in 2020.
- Male breast cancer represents less than 1% of all breast cancer diagnoses. Data from research study states that about 2,600 new cases of breast cancer are expected to be diagnosed in men in 2020.
Key Players Operating in Global Hereditary Cancer Testing Market
Major players operating in the global hereditary cancer testing market are:
- CENTOGENE N.V.
- Ambry Genetics
- Myriad Genetics, Inc.
- NeoGenomics Laboratories, Inc.
- Quest Diagnostics
- OPKO Health, Inc.
- Fulgent Genetics
- Invitae Corporation.
- Medical Diagnostic Laboratories, L.L.C.
Global Hereditary Cancer Testing Market: Research Scope
Global Hereditary Cancer Testing Market, by Test Type
- Multi Panel Test
- Single-site Genetic Test
Global Hereditary Cancer Testing Market, by Indication
- Breast Cancer
- Ovarian Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
Global Hereditary Cancer Testing Market, by End-user
- Diagnostic Laboratory
Others Global Hereditary Cancer Testing Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.