Herceptin Biosimilar Market: Introduction
Trastuzumab, sold under the brand Herceptin, is a monoclonal antibody used to treat patients suffering from HER2+ve breast cancer and gastric cancers. It is primarily administered intravenously in cancer patients. Herceptin binds to HER2 receptors on the surface of breast cancer cells and blocks them from receiving growth signals, thereby leading to apoptosis and decrease in mutation of cells.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Herceptin Biosimilar Market
- Breast cancer is one of the leading causes of death among women across the globe. Increase in incidence and prevalence of gastric & breast cancer among people, especially women, is a key factor boosting the growth of the global Herceptin biosimilar market. According to a report by the World Health Organization in 2019, nearly 627,000 women across the globe succumbed to breast cancer, which accounted for around 15% of all cancer deaths among women, in 2018.
- New product launches along with a number of products in pipeline for clinical trials, approval of new Herceptin biosimilar drugs by key companies, technological advancements, increase in health care expenditure, and considerable research & development activities drive the global Herceptin biosimilar market.
- However, lack of awareness among people about the treatment of gastric & breast cancer with Herceptin is likely to hamper the growth of the global Herceptin biosimilar market in the next few years
Breast Cancer to Dominate Global Herceptin Biosimilar Market
- In terms of indication, the global Herceptin biosimilar market can be classified into breast cancer, gastric cancer, and others
- The breast cancer segment is projected to dominate the global Herceptin biosimilar market during the forecast period due to increase in incidence and prevalence rate of breast cancer among women
Hospital Pharmacy Segment to Capture Largest Market Share
- Based on distribution channel, the global Herceptin biosimilar market can be divided into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, online pharmacies, oncology centers, and others
- The hospital pharmacies segment is anticipated to capture the largest market share due to rise in the number of patients admitted to hospitals & clinics for treatment and health care infrastructure provided by hospitals such as intensive care units (ICU) and ventilators.
North America to Lead Global Herceptin Biosimilar Market
- In terms of region, the global Herceptin biosimilar market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America accounted for the largest market of the global Herceptin biosimilar market in 2020, followed by Europe. Increase in number of people suffering from gastric & breast cancer, technological advancements, rise in government grants & funding, and presence of large number of key players boost the growth of the market in North America.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Herceptin Biosimilar Market
The global Herceptin biosimilar market was highly fragmented in 2020. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Amgen, Inc.
- AryoGen Biopharma
- Biocon Limited
- Celltrion, Inc.
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Accord Healthcare Ltd.
- Gedeon Richter plc
- Genor Biopharma Company Ltd.
- Mabion SA
- Mylan N.V
- Roche Holding AG
Global Herceptin Biosimilar Market: Research Scope
Global Herceptin Biosimilar Market, by Indication
- Breast Cancer
- Gastric Cancer
Global Herceptin Biosimilar Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
- Oncology Centers
Global Herceptin Biosimilar Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.