Hepatocellular Carcinoma Drugs Market: Introduction
- Hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) is the most common primary liver malignancy, accounting for 75% to 80% of liver cancers worldwide. It is one of the leading causes of cancer-related deaths across the globe. Incidence of chronic liver disease is rising owing to the higher incidence of hepatitis B and hepatitis C. The prevalence of HCC is more in Asia and Africa, as compared to North America and Europe. The incidence of HCC is highest in Asia, with incidence rates in men of 35 per 100,000 populations.
- Excessive alcohol consumption leading to liver cirrhosis, viral infections such as hepatitis B and C, and lifestyle disorders are some of the major risk factors associated with the development of hepatocellular carcinoma. Hepatocellular carcinoma drugs are used to treat such life-threatening disorders. Sorafenib, nivolumab, regorafenib, lenvatinib, cabozantinib, and pembrolizumab are the latest available drugs for patients with advanced HCC.
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Global Hepatocellular Carcinoma Drugs Market
- Increase in the incidence of hepatocellular carcinoma and rise in mortality associated with liver cancer across the globe are major factors driving the hepatocellular carcinoma drugs market. According to the American Cancer Society, nearly 42,030 new patients are likely to be diagnosed with liver cancer in the U.S. in 2019. Of these, three-fourths would be accountable for HCC. Similarly, approximately 31,780 liver cancer deaths are estimated to have occurred in the U.S. in 2019. Changing lifestyles, obesity, high blood pressure, diabetes, and increase in geriatric patient population are other factors that are anticipated to boost the global hepatocellular carcinoma drugs market during the forecast period.
- Increase in the number of clinical trials for hepatocellular carcinoma drugs by major industry players is expected to create significant opportunities in the market from 2021 to 2031. For instance, Bayer AG, Bristol Myers Squibb, Eisai, Merck Co., & Inc., Eli Lilly, and Novartis AG are a few industry players with a strong pipeline of drugs for hepatocellular carcinoma. However, side-effects of hepatocellular carcinoma drugs and stringent regulatory scenario are expected to restrain the hepatocellular carcinoma drugs market in the next few years.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Hepatocellular Carcinoma Drugs Market
The global hepatocellular carcinoma drugs market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to account for dominant share of the global market between 2021 and 2031. This is attributed to a rise in the prevalence of hepatocellular carcinoma, increase in the number of deaths associated with the disease in the U.S., and increase in the number of clinical trials undertaken by manufacturers in the country. The market in Europe is anticipated to expand at a substantial growth rate during the forecast period. Increase in the prevalence of hepatitis B and hepatitis C leading to the development of HCC in emerging countries, such as India and China, is a major factor boosting the hepatocellular carcinoma drugs market in Asia Pacific. Moreover, a rise in the baby boomer population and increase in prevalence of lifestyle diseases such as obesity and diabetes increase the risk of hepatocellular carcinoma. This is expected to drive the demand for hepatocellular carcinoma drugs in the region. High incidence of viral hepatitis leading to chronic liver disease in Africa is anticipated to propel the hepatocellular carcinoma drugs market in Middle East & Africa.
Key Players Operating in Global Hepatocellular Carcinoma Drugs Market
Key players operating in the global hepatocellular carcinoma drugs market are Bayer AG, Novartis AG, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, Takeda Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd., Johnson & Johnson, Exelixis, Eisai, Merck & Co., Inc., Pfizer Inc., GlaxoSmith Kline, Celgene Corporation, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. and Amgen, among others. Market players focus on investments in R&D to develop novel drugs for the effective treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma in order to expand their product portfolio and strengthen their geographical reach. Major Players operating in the global hepatocellular carcinoma drugs market are:
- Bayer AG
- Novartis AG
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd.
- Johnson & Johnson, Exelixis
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Pfizer Inc.
- GlaxoSmith Kline
- Celgene Corporation
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Exelixis, Inc.
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Eli Lilly and Company
- SillaJen, Inc.
- Janssen Global Services, LLC
- CELGENE CORPORATION
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
- Gilead Sciences, Inc.
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited,
- Polaris Pharmaceuticals
- Hepion Pharmaceuticals
- PROVECTUS BIOPHARMACEUTICALS, INC.
Global Hepatocellular Carcinoma Drugs Market: Research Scope
Global Hepatocellular Carcinoma Drugs Market, by Drug Class
- Tyrosine kinase inhibitors
- PD-1/PD-L1 inhibitors
Global Hepatocellular Carcinoma Drugs Market, by End-user
- Cancer rehabilitation centers
- Ambulatory surgical centers
Global Hepatocellular Carcinoma Drugs Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This upcoming business intelligence report is intended to be a one-stop market research solution to guide organizations in taking timely and effective decisions for their business growth. The ongoing study is the culmination of our deep expertise on data science methods, combined with an unparalleled understanding of the external environment and analysis of the industries. Each of the reports by TMR aims at offering a detailed scrutiny of the value chain of our current and prospective customers, takes them from identifying value propositions, and subsequently assist their business executives to implement right strategies to create customer value. We believe that creating and sustaining the customer value is the key pivot on which business executives can create profits for their organizations and increase the market shares, continuously and with sustainability.
Each of our touchpoints through which we engage with the organization/enterprise during the primary research enables us to understand the internal environment it operates in and the ways in which the external environment influences its growth.
Always Evolving with Competition
Excellence is built into the DNA of TMR, and all our teams work collaboratively and committedly toward achieving that in whatever they do. From the very first interaction our teams of research analysts have with any interested market participant to the final preparation processes in each of our reports reflects a rigorous understanding of the dynamic industry environment that businesses operate in.
We relentlessly work to be a differentiator in whatever we do in the current era of hypercompetitive global environment. The result of our unceasing focus on excellence is reflected clearly in the insights and guidance we offer to our customers in order to empower them to create brand equity. Our simple yet very powerful underpinning for navigating the competition is to always keep evolving with changing business environments. Our close-kinit team of research analysts not only believe in this simple philosophy but also implement the same.
Constantly Innovating Our Research Methodologies and Models
We do not limit with any specific market research tool or one standard approach for obtaining or analyzing data. Undoubtedly, our report making process is ever-evolving to meet the customer needs and demands supported broadly by a vast knowledge of data science methods that we combine with business acumen our teams have built upon for several years. Evidently, our primary and secondary research data about customers and consumers have shown that we can go to any lengths to obtain them. This is followed by applying next-gen automation tools integrated with human judgement to clear the clutter, ascertain the most relevant and recent qualitative and quantitative insights, and package them in digestible chunks in our reports for our customers.
We Take Pride in No-One-Size-Fits-All Approach
Over the past several years, we have been conducting market intelligence studies across all industries for all types of organizations — big and small, profit and not-for-profit, and Fortune 500 and Unicorns, as we believe that a sound decision making must be based on no-one-size-fits-all approach. Without doubt, each of the organizations regardless of the industry they are in are affected differently by changes in political, economic, socio-culture, legal, ecological, and legal environments. The research models and the value chain analysis process that our analysts employ for conducting the study uphold this approach.
We look at myriad components of internal and external business environment affecting the growth strategies of organizations. Some of the broader aspects that we focus on are:
- Our team of Analysts and Support Teams always strive to see the bigger picture in life cycle stages of any industry
- The Teams focus on obtaining valuable insights into different models of competitive advantage while making an internal environment analysis
- They keep on modifying the value chain analysis processes of organizations to understand on how customer value is created
Some areas of assessing market dynamics that are used in the research models and methodologies adopted by our analysts can be summarized as:
- Corporate and business strategies underlying new brand positioning strategies
- Mapping for strategic planning for business units
- Various metrics for business portfolio analysis, including BCG matrix
- Value chain analysis
These will help create and sustain competitive advantage for our prospects and current customers.
Key focus areas and agenda that underpin and catalyze our primary and secondary research initiatives and endeavors are:
- What are some of the core competencies and distinctive competencies of new entrants and established players in the industry we are analyzing?
- What are some of the branding opportunities that are emerging at a rapid pace?
- What are the major competitive forces and elements of external environment shaping the industry life cycle stages of most organizations?
- Why some competitive strategies are popular than others among leaders in a certain market?
- What customer-based brand equity strategies companies have leveraged in a certain industry or set of related industries in a sector?
- What are some of the key pricing strategies that companies in an industry are implementing for marketing their products internationally?
- Identifying whether market-push or market-pull strategies are more relevant to a certain product or a service?
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.