Hepatitis Test Kits Market: Introduction
- Hepatitis can be defined as inflammation of the liver, which can be self-limiting or could progress to cirrhosis, fibrosis, or liver cancer. Hepatitis is commonly caused by hepatitis virus. However, the other causes of hepatitis include autoimmune hepatitis and hepatitis that occurs due to secondary causes, including drugs, medications, alcohol, and toxins.
- Hepatitis can be classified into five types: A, B, C, D, and E, which are caused by different viruses. Hepatitis A & E are caused due to ingestion of contaminated water and food. Hepatitis B, C, and D are caused because of parenteral contact with infected body fluids.
- Hepatitis A is an acute short-term disease, whereas hepatitis B, C, and D are likely to be chronic and ongoing. Hepatitis E is considered an acute infection and is known to be particularly dangerous in pregnant women. The common symptoms of acute hepatitis include flu-like symptoms, fatigue, pale stool, and dark urine, loss of appetite, unexplained weight loss, and abdominal pain.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Hepatitis Test Kits Market Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Hepatitis Test Kits Market
- The global hepatitis test kits market is driven by rise in prevalence of hepatitis. According to the WHO, an estimated 20 million HEV infections are reported globally every year, leading to around 3.3 million symptomatic cases. Rise in prevalence of hepatitis E increases demand for diagnostic kits, which in turn boosts the growth of the global market.
- Lack of sanitation in emerging countries increases the prevalence of hepatitis A & E, which in turn drives demand for hepatitis diagnostic test kits. According to the WHO, over 2.4 billion people are still living without sanitation facilities, including 946 million people who defecate in the open. Moreover, rural areas are home to 7 out of 10 people without access to toilets and 9 out of 10 people who defecate in the open. The regions marked as high risk are rural areas in Asia and Africa, which increases the risk of HEV infections.
- Certain forms of hepatitis are asymptomatic, which could have a negative impact on the global diagnostic test kits market. According to a study, seroprevalence of HEV is significantly high in certain developed countries such as Germany; however, most HEV infections are asymptomatic and there is a relative rarity of clinically diagnosed infections.
North America to Lead Global Hepatitis Test Kits Market
- In terms of region, the global hepatitis test kits market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global hepatitis test kits market in 2018, owing to strong presence of leading market players, increase in product approvals, well-established health care infrastructure, and high prevalence of hepatitis associated with lifestyle disorders
- Europe was the second largest market for hepatitis test kits in 2018, followed by Asia Pacific. Asia Pacific is projected to be the fastest growing market for hepatitis test kits, followed by Latin America and Middle East & Africa. Rise in focus of governments of countries in Asia on enhancing the health care facilities, increase in focus of the market players on leveraging the opportunities offered by the emerging markets, growing medical tourism leading to the spread of hepatitis virus, and rise in prevalence of hepatitis A and E owing to the lack of sanitation contribute to the growth of the hepatitis test kits market in Asia Pacific.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Hepatitis Test Kits Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Hepatitis Test Kits Market
Leading players in the global hepatitis test kits market are:
- Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- Hologic, Inc.
- Abbott Laboratories
- Grifols, S.A.
- Biokit S.A. (A Werfen Company)
- SD BioSensor Inc.
- Beijing Wantai Biological Pharmacy
- Mikrogen GmbH
Global Hepatitis Test Kits Market: Research Scope
Global Hepatitis Test Kits Market, by Test Type
- Enzyme Immunoassay
- Recombinant Immunoblot Assay
- Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR)
- Transcription Mediated Amplification
Global Hepatitis Test Kits Market, by End-user
- Diagnostic Centers
- Research Centers
Global Hepatitis Test Kits Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.