Hemostasis Diagnostics Market
Hemostasis Diagnostics Market (Product Type - Laboratory Systems, Consumables, and Point-of-Care Testing Systems; Test Type - Prothrombin Test Time (PT), Activated Partial Thromboplastin Time (APTT), Fibrinogen Degradation Products (FDP), Activated Clotting Time, Platelet Aggregation Test, and D Dimer; End Users - Hospital/Clinics, Independent Diagnostic Laboratories, and Home Care Settings) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global hemostasis diagnostics market for the historical period 2017–2018 and forecast period 2019–2027, rise in prevalence of blood clotting disorders, high prevalence of cardiovascular diseases are projected to drive the global hemostasis diagnostics market during the forecast period
- According to the report, the global hemostasis diagnostics market was valued at US$ 2.3 Bn in 2018 and is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 8.5% from 2019 to 2027
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Hemostasis Diagnostics Market
Rise in Prevalence of Blood Clotting Disorders and High Prevalence of Cardiovascular Diseases: Key Drivers
- Bleeding easily when bruised is called abnormal bleeding. It can be due to blood clotting disorder, when the body is unable to produce clotting factors to stop bleeding. Hemophilia A and B, along with factor II, V, VII, X, or XII deficiencies are blood disorders identified with abnormal bleeding issues or blood coagulating issues. Over 440,000 people are suffering from hemophilia globally; of these 75% people are affected in less developed and developing countries
- In 2018, it was estimated that over 13,600 people in the United States had been diagnosed with hemophilia A, while around 4,100 had been diagnosed with hemophilia B. Hemophilia is more common among males than females, with around 90% of hemophilia A cases worldwide occurring among males.
- Prevalence of numerous diseases such as cancer, diabetes, and neurological disorders has increased due to rise in geriatric population and changing lifestyle in developing economies. Cardiovascular disease is one of the major factor in this. According to the WHO, cardiovascular diseases account for 17.5 million deaths across the world, which is about 31% of all the deaths globally. Deep vein thrombosis is one of the cardiovascular complications, wherein blood clots are formed within the deep vein, commonly in the legs. According to the CDC, about 900,000 people could be affected each year in the U.S. It is suggested that around 60,000 to 100,000 people in the U.S. die due to this disease.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Advancement in Technology Leading to Easy Usage Boost Market Growth
- Hemostasis diagnostics devices have come a long way from quantifying optical density of clot in a cuvette to detection of clotting factors. Advancements in hemostasis technology has led to development of wide range of products that have enabled clinicians to provide proper emergency assistance to patients.
- The concept of automation has extended to hemostasis diagnostics as well, which is less labor intensive, rapid, and easy-to-use. Current technologies include automation of blood coagulation analyzers, flow cytometers, microarrays, and PCR. Combination of these technologies has increased the yield and productivity.
- This technological revolution in hemostasis diagnostics is expected to propel the market from 2019 to 2027.
High Cost of Automated Instruments to Hamper Market
- Advancements in technology in hemostasis diagnostics instruments carry a heavy price tag. Laboratories cannot afford high cost instruments. Therefore, there is a need for basic coagulation instruments, which are cost effective and easy-to-use.
- At a list price of US$ 49,000, the Accuri C6 is in the lower-middle range of benchtop flow cytometer instruments, which start at $14,000 for the closed-architecture Muse Cell Analyzer from EMD Millipore. Most instruments cost $75,000 to $100,000 for a two-laser, four- to six-color instrument.
- High instrument cost can increase testing expenditure, which can restrain the global hemostasis diagnostics market during the forecast period
Global Hemostasis Diagnostics Market: Competitive Landscape
- This report profiles major players in the global hemostasis diagnostics market based on various attributes such as company overview, financial overview, product portfolio, business strategies, and recent developments
- The global hemostasis diagnostics market is highly fragmented, with the presence of a number of international as well as regional players
- Leading players operating in the global hemostasis diagnostics market are
- Abbott Laboratories
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Nihon Kohden Corporation
- Sysmex Corporation
- Siemens Healthineers
- Instrumentation Laboratory
- Danaher Corporation (Beckman Coulter)
- S.A. among others
Global Hemostasis diagnostics market: Key Developments
Key players in the global hemostasis diagnostics market are engaged in regulatory approvals, technologically advanced products, launch of new products, and acquisition & collaborative agreements with other companies. These strategies are likely to fuel the growth of the global hemostasis diagnostics market. A few expansion strategies adopted by players operating in the global hemostasis diagnostics market are:
- In July 2020, Sysmex Corporation launched of new products in the hemostasis field: the Automated Blood Coagulation Analyzers CN-6500/CN-3500. These new offerings from Sysmex come with a measuring unit using the chemiluminescence enzyme immunoassay methodology (CLEIA), which we cultivated in our Automated Immunoassay Systems HISCL-5000/HISCL-800 (HISCL), on top of the unique features of the Automated Blood Coagulation Analyzers CN-6000/CN-3000, making it possible to measure blood coagulation testing parameters, including molecular markers for blood coagulation with a single device.
- In May 2018, HORIBA UK Ltd launched new Yumizen G range of instruments and reagents for Haemostasis solutions.
- In April 2017, Starch Medical Inc. expanded its hemostasis portfolio with launch of SuperClot Hemostat in Europe.
The report on the global hemostasis diagnostics market discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of manufacturers of hemostasis diagnostics devices. The competitive landscape section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and a company market share analysis of key players operating in the global hemostasis diagnostics market.
Hemostasis Diagnostics Market to Observe Growth in High Prevalence of Coagulation Disorders
Coagulation disorders are issues with the body’s capacity to clot blood. These conditions may result in hemorrhage or thrombosis. Coagulatory disorders can be caused by a variety of factors. These conditions may be developed or inherited. Platelet dysfunction, von Willebrand disease, and hemophilia are some of the most common coagulation disorders that can trigger bleeding. In addition to that, disseminated intravascular coagulation, deficiency of Vitamin K, and other clotting factor defects are other causes of coagulation disorders that may lead to bleeding. These factors are likely to work in favor of the global hemostasis diagnostics market in near future. Hemophilia A is four times more common than hemophilia B, as per the National Hemophilia Foundation. In the United States, there are about 20,000 people suffering from hemophilia.
Rapid Technological Progress to Create Ample Opportunities for the Market
Technology progresses at a breakneck rate and it is likely to play an important role in the expansion of the global hemostasis diagnostics market in the years to come. Blood coagulation control has become increasingly important in recent years for assessing bleeding risk in comprehensive surgical procedures and dialysis, diagnosing hemorrhage causes, and designing anticoagulant medications. It is also utilized for determining the effectiveness of hemostatic therapies. From calculating the optical density of a clot in a cuvette to identifying factors of clotting, hemostasis diagnostics have come a long way. Platelet function analyzers, functional assays of particular coagulation proteins, molecular typing immunologic assays, chromogenic assays, and flow cytometry, and are examples of these techniques. These technical developments have resulted in improved sensitivity, accuracy, productivity, and capability, and eventually it leads to better patient clinical care.
There are two types of bleeding disorders: acquired and hereditary. Inherited bleeding disorders are caused by a lack of coagulation factors and are caused by a genetic predisposition. Circumstances that can occur at any point of time during a person's lifespan can induce acquired bleeding disorders. Hereditary bleeding disorders are caused by a lack or deficiency of particular clotting proteins, which function as procoagulants in the clotting cascade by precise interactions. Such factors are estimated to benefit global hemostasis diagnostics market in near future.
Global Hemostasis Diagnostics Market - Scope of Report
TMR’s report on the global hemostasis diagnostics market studies past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators of the market during the forecast period from 2019 to 2027. The report provides revenue of the global hemostasis diagnostics market for the period 2017–2027, considering 2018 as the base year and 2027 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global hemostasis diagnostics market during the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after an extensive primary and secondary research. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Extensive secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global hemostasis diagnostics market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, company presentations, sales data, and trade associations. Analysts have employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomenon in the global Hemostasis Diagnostics Market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global hemostasis diagnostics market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in entering the global hemostasis diagnostics market.
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the global hemostasis diagnostics market. Key players operating in the global hemostasis diagnostics market have been identified, and each one of these has been profiled for distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players in the global hemostasis diagnostics market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Global Hemostasis Diagnostics Market Report
- What is the scope of growth of product companies in the global hemostasis diagnostics market?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the global hemostasis diagnostics market between 2019 and 2027?
- What is the influence of changing trends in technologies on the global hemostasis diagnostics market?
- Will North America continue to be the most profitable market for hemostasis diagnostics devices providers?
- Which factors are anticipated to hamper the growth of the global hemostasis diagnostics market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies in the global hemostasis diagnostics market?
A unique research methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct comprehensive research on the growth of the global hemostasis diagnostics market and arrive at conclusions on its growth prospects. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary methods referred to by analysts during the production of the global hemostasis diagnostics market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the hemostasis diagnostics market as primary methods.
These primary and secondary methods have provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from the hemostasis diagnostics market leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases enabled this report to address specific details and questions about the global hemostasis diagnostics market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the revenues for each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in reaching TMR’s estimates on future prospects of the global hemostasis diagnostics market more reliably and accurately.
Regional Segmentation of Hemostasis Diagnostics Market
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Global Hemostasis Diagnostics Market - Segmentation