Hemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis Market: Introduction
- Hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis is a rare disease in which the body produces high amounts of activated immune cells such as macrophages and lymphocytes. This damages most of the organs in the body.
- People with the disease may develop symptoms within the first month or year of their birth. Fever, cytopenia enlarged liver or spleen, and neurological abnormalities are some of the common symptoms of hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis. The condition can be diagnosed through a genetic test, which identifies a mutation in one of the genes that is responsible for the disease.
- The global hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis market is anticipated to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period, owing to the increase in emphasis on research forrare disease management, Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approvals, and rise in demand for new therapiesor rare immunological diseases
Get an Idea about the Offerings of Our Hemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis Market Report from this Brochure
Key Drivers of Global Hemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis Market
- A number of drugs have received fast track designations and approvals from the FDA. Hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis is one of the major diseases in adults and children. Pharmaceutical companies have undertaken massive research programs to focus on the development of new treatment options for rare diseases.
- In November 2018, Novimmune SA received the FDA approval for GAMIFANT, monoclonal antibody binding and neutralizing interferon gamma, indicated for the treatment of hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis in adults and pediatric patients. FDA also granted fast track designation for the drug. This has provided an alternative to conventional therapies.
- Studies on genetic mutation have also received grants from concerned authorities in the U.S. and European countries, thereby speeding up drug development
Restraints of Hemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis Market
- Unavailability of treatment in developing counties may hamper the growth of the hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis market. Only a single drug is approved for hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis. Limited accessibility to new therapies may lead to increase in deaths toll. Moreover, absence of specific treatment for pediatric population may result in death.
- Lack of awareness about availability of treatment for hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis is another factor, which is likely to hamper market growth, as it increase the burden of the disease
North America to Hold a Major Share of Global Hemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis Market
- North America is likely to hold the largest share of the global hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis market. FDA approvals, new product launches, and increase in awareness about diagnosis and treatment of rare diseases for pediatric population are likely to drive the market in the region.
- In July 2018, Gamifant, an interferon gamma (IFNγ) blocking antibody developed by EmaCo AG, (Novimmune SA) was acquired by rare disease company Swedish Orphan Biovitrum AB, adding the drug to the company’s immunology franchise. The company will carry out commercialization of the drug for the benefit of patients in the U.S.
- The U.S. Government organizing research programs for rare diseases is expected to increase the rate of research in the U.S. Undiagnosed Disease Network (UDN), an NIH (National Institutes of Health) Common Fund initiative was organized by the National Human Genome Research Institute (NHGRI). As per the Research, Condition, and Disease Categories (RCDC) data for rare diseases and orphan drugs categories, in 2012, the NIH provided US$ 3.623 Bn for 9,400 rare disease research projects. As per the article in the Public Health Genomics, there are nearly US$ 809 Mn in funds have been provided to support 1,650 research projects in rare diseases category.
- Increase in the number of research activities by pharmaceutical companies and collaborations to develop new drugs are factors that are expected to augment market growth during the forecast period
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Hemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Market:
Major players operating in the global hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis market include:
- EmaCo AG (Swedish Orphan Biovitrum AB)
Global Hemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis Market: Research Scope
Global Hemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis Market, by Treatment
- Antibody Therapies
Global Hemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis Market, by Age Group
Global Hemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Specialty Clinics
Global Hemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.