Hematuria Treatment: Introduction
- Hematuria is the presence of blood in a person’s urine. There are a number of causes for blood in urine such as urinary tract infections, bladder or kidney stone, kidney infections (pyelonephritis), kidney disease, cancer, enlarged prostate, kidney injury, and kidney disease. Improvements in understanding of the physiological mechanism responsible for hematuria have led to developments in the treatment of the condition.
- Antibiotics prescribed for the treatment depend on what part of the tract is to be treated. However, developments in route of administration and different concentration of drugs enable prevention of the disease or infection to spread to cellular and molecular levels.
Key Drivers of Global Hematuria Treatment Market
- Incidence of hematuria increases with age and people above 35 years of age are more likely to develop the symptoms of hematuria. According to the International Incontinence Society, 70% to 80% of people aged 80 years experiences symptoms of an overactive bladder.
- The geriatric population is expected to increase the patient pool globally, which in turn is projected to propel the global hematuria treatment market during the forecast period. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), the global geriatric population is anticipated to reach around 2 billion (22% of the global population) by 2050 as compared to 617 million in 2015.
- High prevalence of diseases such as UTI and kidney stone, increase in incidence of hematuria among adults, surge in awareness, extensive research & development activities, advent of high-throughput screening (HTS) for drug discovery, and FDA approvals for drugs are the major factors driving the global hematuria treatment market. Currently, the societal cost of UTI infections, including health care costs and time missed from work, is around US$ 3.5 Bn per year in the U.S. alone.
Penicillin & Combinations to be Highly Promising Segment
- In terms of drug type, the global hematuria treatment market can be segmented into quinolones, penicillin & combinations, cephalosporin, nitrofurans, azoles, and others
- The penicillin & combinations segment accounted for significant share of the global hematuria treatment market in 2020. The segment is expected to dominate the global hematuria treatment market because it is the first line of treatment for hematuria and due to wide product availability.
Microscopic Hematuria to be Highly Attractive Segment
- Based on disease type, the global hematuria treatment market can be bifurcated into gross hematuria and microscopic hematuria
- The microscopic hematuria segment accounted for major share of the global hematuria treatment market in 2020. The segment is expected to dominate the global market due to increase in number of patients suffering from microscopic hematuria.
Oral Products to Witness High Demand
- In terms of route of administration, the global hematuria treatment market can be segmented into oral, intravenous, and others
- The oral segment accounted for significant share of the global hematuria treatment market in 2020. The segment is expected to dominate the global market because most products are available in tablet and capsule form and it is a convenient route of administration.
Retail Pharmacies to be Most Promising Segment
- Based on distribution channel, the global hematuria treatment market can be divided into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and online pharmacies. The retail pharmacies segment accounted for significant market share in 2020. It is anticipated to witness strong growth during the forecast period.
- Increase in the number of hematuria therapeutics being dispensed through retail pharmacies and growth in the number of retail pharmacies in developing countries make these pharmacies a major channel of distribution. Moreover, patients prefer retail pharmacies to purchase drugs, as these are easily accessible.
- The online pharmacies segment is likely to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period. Increase in popularity of online pharmacies for obtaining prescribed drugs and adoption of this distribution channel by customers are factors fueling the growth of the segment.
North America to Dominate Global Hematuria Treatment Market
- In terms of region, the global hematuria treatment market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is projected to be the most attractive market for hematuria treatment during the forecast period. Early adoption of branded products, favorable medical reimbursement policies, recent FDA approvals, large number of drugs in pipeline, focus on reducing the number of undiagnosed hematuria cases, and early treatment are factors anticipated to drive the hematuria treatment market in the U.S. and Canada during the forecast period.
- Europe is projected to be the second most attractive market for hematuria treatment. The market in the region is driven by increase in demand for new therapeutics, extensive research in the field of urinary tract infection care, and geographical expansion of market players.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global hematuria treatment market was highly fragmented in 2019. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Pfizer, Inc.
- AstraZeneca plc
- Novartis International AG.
- Johnson & Johnson
- F. Hoffmann La Roche Ltd.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH
- Cipla Ltd.
- Bristol Myers Squibb
- GlaxoSmithKline, Inc.
- Merck & Co.
- Novartis International AG
- Other prominent players
Global Hematuria Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Hematuria Treatment Market, by Drug Type
- Penicillin & combinations
Global Hematuria Treatment Market, by Disease Type
- Gross Hematuria
- Microscopic Hematuria
Global Hematuria Treatment Market, by Route of Administration
Global Hematuria Treatment Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
Global Hematuria Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.