Hedgehog Pathway Inhibitors Market: Introduction
- Hedgehog proteins consist of a group of proteins that regulate cell differentiation, growth, and survival. These proteins are involved in organogenesis and have shown to promote adult stem cell proliferation. Incorrect activation of the hedgehog signaling pathways has been associated with the development of numerous types of cancer including breast, lung, prostate, pancreas, skin, and brain.
- Hedgehog pathway inhibitors are a comparatively new class of therapeutic agents that target the proteins involved in the regulation of hedgehog pathway
- In December 2018, Glasdegib, the first hedgehog pathway inhibitor drug, was approved for the treatment of acute myeloid leukemia (AML) patients. The drug was approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as once-daily oral medicine to be used in combination with low-dose cytarabine. Glasdegib is sold under the brand name Daurismo.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Hedgehog Pathway Inhibitors Market, Request for a Sample
Key Drivers of Global Hedgehog Pathway Inhibitors Market
- Increase in the risk factors associated with basal cell carcinoma (BCC) and acute myeloid leukemia (AML) is projected to drive the global hedgehog pathway inhibitors market
- Risk factors associated with the development of basal cell carcinoma and acute myeloid leukemia are chronic infections, history of skin cancer, exposure to certain chemicals, skin inflammations, smoking, and exposure to UV rays. These risk factors increase the prevalence and incidence of basal cell carcinoma and acute myeloid leukemia. This in turn is anticipated to fuel the growth of the global hedgehog pathway inhibitors market during the forecast period.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Basal Cell Carcinoma Segment to Account for Major Share of Global Hedgehog Pathway Inhibitors Market
- In terms of application, the global hedgehog pathway inhibitors market can be divided into basal cell carcinoma, acute myeloid leukemia, and others
- The basal cell carcinoma segment is expected to dominate the global hedgehog pathway inhibitors market during the forecast period
- High prevalence rate of basal cell carcinoma is likely to drive the segment from 2020 to 2030
- According to the American Cancer Society (ACS), an estimated 5.4 million people are diagnosed with squamous and basal cell skin cancer globally each year, of these 3.3 million people suffer from squamous cell skin cancer and about 80% of the population suffers from basal cell carcinoma.
Retail Pharmacies to be Highly Attractive Segment
- Based on distribution channel, the global hedgehog pathway inhibitors market can be classified into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and others
- The retail pharmacies segment is likely to account for major share of the global hedgehog pathway inhibitors market by 2030
- The segment’s dominance can be attributed to large number of drugs sold through retail pharmacies
North America to Dominate Global Hedgehog Pathway Inhibitors Market
- In terms of region, the global hedgehog pathway inhibitors market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period. High prevalence of basal cell carcinoma & acute myeloid leukemia and new product approvals are anticipated to drive the hedgehog pathway inhibitors market in the region during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global Hedgehog Pathway Inhibitors Market
The global hedgehog pathway inhibitors market is consolidated, with the presence of small number of international players accounting for majority share of the market. Key players operating in the global hedgehog pathway inhibitors market are:
- Mayne Pharma Group Ltd.
- PellePharm, Inc.
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Inhibitor Therapeutics, Inc.
- MAX BioPharma, Inc.
Global Hedgehog Pathway Inhibitors Market: Research Scope
Global Hedgehog Pathway Inhibitors Market, by Application
- Basal Cell Carcinoma
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
Global Hedgehog Pathway Inhibitors Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
Global Hedgehog Pathway Inhibitors Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.