Hedgehog Pathway Inhibitors Market: Introduction
- Hedgehog proteins consist of a group of proteins that regulate cell differentiation, growth, and survival. These proteins are involved in organogenesis and have shown to promote adult stem cell proliferation. Incorrect activation of the hedgehog signaling pathways has been associated with the development of numerous types of cancer including breast, lung, prostate, pancreas, skin, and brain.
- Hedgehog pathway inhibitors are a comparatively new class of therapeutic agents that target the proteins involved in the regulation of hedgehog pathway
- In December 2018, Glasdegib, the first hedgehog pathway inhibitor drug, was approved for the treatment of acute myeloid leukemia (AML) patients. The drug was approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as once-daily oral medicine to be used in combination with low-dose cytarabine. Glasdegib is sold under the brand name Daurismo.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Hedgehog Pathway Inhibitors Market, Request for a Sample
Key Drivers of Global Hedgehog Pathway Inhibitors Market
- Increase in the risk factors associated with basal cell carcinoma (BCC) and acute myeloid leukemia (AML) is projected to drive the global hedgehog pathway inhibitors market
- Risk factors associated with the development of basal cell carcinoma and acute myeloid leukemia are chronic infections, history of skin cancer, exposure to certain chemicals, skin inflammations, smoking, and exposure to UV rays. These risk factors increase the prevalence and incidence of basal cell carcinoma and acute myeloid leukemia. This in turn is anticipated to fuel the growth of the global hedgehog pathway inhibitors market during the forecast period.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Basal Cell Carcinoma Segment to Account for Major Share of Global Hedgehog Pathway Inhibitors Market
- In terms of application, the global hedgehog pathway inhibitors market can be divided into basal cell carcinoma, acute myeloid leukemia, and others
- The basal cell carcinoma segment is expected to dominate the global hedgehog pathway inhibitors market during the forecast period
- High prevalence rate of basal cell carcinoma is likely to drive the segment from 2020 to 2030
- According to the American Cancer Society (ACS), an estimated 5.4 million people are diagnosed with squamous and basal cell skin cancer globally each year, of these 3.3 million people suffer from squamous cell skin cancer and about 80% of the population suffers from basal cell carcinoma.
Retail Pharmacies to be Highly Attractive Segment
- Based on distribution channel, the global hedgehog pathway inhibitors market can be classified into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and others
- The retail pharmacies segment is likely to account for major share of the global hedgehog pathway inhibitors market by 2030
- The segment’s dominance can be attributed to large number of drugs sold through retail pharmacies
North America to Dominate Global Hedgehog Pathway Inhibitors Market
- In terms of region, the global hedgehog pathway inhibitors market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period. High prevalence of basal cell carcinoma & acute myeloid leukemia and new product approvals are anticipated to drive the hedgehog pathway inhibitors market in the region during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global Hedgehog Pathway Inhibitors Market
The global hedgehog pathway inhibitors market is consolidated, with the presence of small number of international players accounting for majority share of the market. Key players operating in the global hedgehog pathway inhibitors market are:
- Mayne Pharma Group Ltd.
- PellePharm, Inc.
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Inhibitor Therapeutics, Inc.
- MAX BioPharma, Inc.
Global Hedgehog Pathway Inhibitors Market: Research Scope
Global Hedgehog Pathway Inhibitors Market, by Application
- Basal Cell Carcinoma
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
Global Hedgehog Pathway Inhibitors Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
Global Hedgehog Pathway Inhibitors Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.