Heat Stress Monitor Market - Snapshot
Increasing concerns regarding worker safety have propelled the need for efficient and accurate products in the global heat stress monitor market. These concerns have caused a series of regulations and policies established to prevent any damage or mishap from happening to workers who operate in high heat areas. Increasing demand for optimal and precise heat stress monitors in mining and manufacturing industries and rising awareness regarding worker safety are accelerating the growing global heat stress monitor market. Increasing efforts to safeguard workers from various severe health problems that can be caused by excessive heat by players from various industry verticals is a positive trigger for the global heat stress monitor market.
Various governments and humanitarian organizations have issued guidelines and policies that specify the conditions and precautions required to be undertaken by employers that operate in hazardous or harmful working environments such as mines, massive manufacturing and industrial plants, energy plants, chemical processing plants, among others. This is also expected to support the upward trajectory of the global heat stress monitor market in near future. However, lack of awareness in certain regions, lack of training about dealing with excessive heat stress, and dearth of skilled professionals required to monitor heat stress among workers can impede the global heat stress monitor market in coming years.
Heat Stress Monitor: Introduction
- Heat stress monitor is an essential tool for occupational and environmental health and safety (OEHS) professionals to measure radiant temperature, dry bulb ambient temperature, relative humidity, wind speed, and air pressure parameters that affect heat stress in different conditions from industrial workplaces to underground mines
- The heat stress occurs when the body cannot avoid excess heat. In such a scenario, the body’s core temperature rises and the heart rate increases. When the body starts storing heat, a person begins to lose concentration and has difficulty while working.
- Factors contributing to heat stress are high air temperatures, radiant heat sources, high humidity, direct physical contact with hot objects, and strenuous physical activity
- Heat stress minimizes productivity which is the cause of accidents, illness, and even death. Prolonged exposure to high temperature can lead to excessive fluid loss, shock, or heat stroke.
- The heat stress monitor has significant applications in military, foundries, agriculture, offshore drilling operations, food industry, engineering, and sports sector. It is suitable for monitoring in underground mines, as it is roughly designed and has an anemometer for measuring wind speed.
Heat Stress Monitor Market to Expand in Workers Safety and Military Applications
- Heat stress monitors are used to determine the wet bulb globe temperature index of a given area. This measurement provided by a heat stress monitor helps workers, athletes, pedestrians, and consumers to avoid heat stress which causes nausea and stroke, so that professionals can decide how many breaks are needed, how often one should hydrate, or suggestions for proper work attire etc.
- Technological advancement in heat stress monitoring systems such as heat stress monitors based on heart rate measurement can provide opportunities to manufacturers of heat stress monitors. Heart rate monitoring systems with alarm can notify workers when to slow down their activities or take a break for thermal recovery, thereby preventing illness and loss of productivity.
- Most soldiers operate in extreme environmental conditions, and so heat stress monitors are essential devices for soldiers. The military sector is dominating the heat stress monitor market, as these devices provide real time monitoring of soldiers’ health in training grounds or fields, alerting the soldiers about heat stress limits.
North America to Lead the Global Heat Stress Monitor Market
- North America is leading the global heat stress monitor market as the government has mandated various industries to use heat stress monitors at workplaces. Safety standards are developed by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) to reduce the effect of heat stress. This positively impacts the demand for heat stress monitors in North America.
- Health monitoring in military, athletics, and sports applications boosts the demand for heat stress monitors, which ultimately drives the heat stress monitor market in North America
- Increasing health consciousness of people adds to the demand for health stress monitors in the form of portable and wearable devices. Such devices are largely used for training and monitoring activities and personal health goals. This also expands the global heat stress monitor market in North America.
Key Players Operating in the Global Heat Stress Monitor Market
- FLIR Systems Inc.
- General Tools and Instruments LLC
- PCE Instruments UK Ltd.
- MISUMI Corporation
- Accutron Instruments Inc.
- Runrite Electronics CC
- Fujitsu Ltd.
Global Heat Stress Monitor Market: Research Scope
Global Heat Stress Monitor Market, by Product
- Fixed/Portable Heat Stress Monitor
- Handheld Heat Stress Monitor
Global Heat Stress Monitor Market, by Offering
- Hardware & Software
Global Heat Stress Monitor Market, by Technology
- Natural Wet Bulb
- Without Wet Bulb
Global Heat Stress Monitor Market, by Sensor Type
- Dry Bulb
- Natural Wet Bulb
- Black Globe Temperature
- Relative Humidity and Air Flow Sensor
Global Heat Stress Monitor Market, by Application
- Athletics and Sports
- Manufacturing Plants
- Mining and Oil & Gas
Global Heat Stress Monitor Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.