Heat Sinks Market: Introduction
- Heat sink is component designed or placed in circuitry to remove the excess amount of heat generated during the operation by electronic components or chips. It is primarily utilized for thermal management in order to avoid the unexpected failure of a device, which increase its efficiency and reliability.
- The heat sink operates under the Fourier’s law of heat transfer. Whenever temperature across the device increases, it tries to dissipate it through lower temperature areas around it. The heat sink acts as heat exchanger, acting on the principle of conduction and convection.
- Metals with excellent thermal conductivity such as copper and aluminum make the most efficient heat sinks. However, aluminum is more commonly utilized due to its lower costs. The heat sink increases the conductive area around the heat dissipating device; it can be made of various materials and different shapes.
Rise in Demand due to Trend of Miniaturization in Electronics System
- Ongoing trend in designing electronics systems to increase the functionality into smaller form factors. Therefore, the power dissipation from most IC devices continues to increase, which in turn fuels the demand for more efficient heat sinks and optimized designs.
- Demand for electronics and power devices is increasing in diverse end-use industries; for instance, upcoming 5G implementation is likely to support the large influx of data and connectivity needs for industries such as autonomous vehicles, smart cities, robotics, augmented reality, virtual reality, and manufacturing automation. The number of cloud data center installations is increasing at a rapid pace due to the rapid rise in adoption of artificial intelligence and the Internet of Things (IoT) integrating smart functionality and connectivity across most industries.
- Thermal management is becoming a very important part of any system design, which is increasing reliability, maximizing full system capabilities, and creating performance differentiation
Asia Pacific to Hold Prominent Share of Global Market
- Asia Pacific is projected to hold a prominent share of the global market during the forecast period, due to the expansion of the consumer electronics industry in the region. Increase in automotive production in the region also fuels the demand for heat sink. Expansion of chip manufacturing companies in China and South Korea is driving the thermal management market in Asia Pacific.
- North America and Europe are also likely to gain share in the global heat sink market. Demand for servers and data centers has been increasing significantly for the last few years. These comprise numerous equipment that need more number of heat sink to manage the thermal activities for smooth and continuous operation of devices.
Key Players Operating in Global Heat Sinks Market
Several players operating in the global heat sink market are adopting new techniques and rapidly changing designs and requirements.
Key players include:
- Avid thermos-alloy
- Delta Electronics
- Advance Thermal Solutions
- CUI Devices
- Fischer Elektronik
Global Heat Sinks Market Scope
Global Heat Sinks Market, by Material
- Copper Heat Sink
- Aluminum Heat Sink
Global Heat Sinks Market, by Mounting Type
- PIN based
- PCB Mounted
Global Heat Sinks Market, by Type
- Active Heat Sink
- Passive Heat Sink
Global Heat Sinks Market, by End-use Application
- Automobile Industry
- Electronics Industry
Global Heat Sinks Market, by Manufacturing Process
- CNC Machined
- Forged & Die Cast
- Zipper Fin
- Skived Fin
Global Heat Sinks Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.