Heat Seal Coating Market
Heat Seal Coating Market (Coating Type: Solvent Based, Water Based, and Hot Melt; End Use: Food, Personal Care & Cosmetics, Pharmaceuticals, and Other Industrial) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2021-2029
Press Release :
Variety of Applications in Several Industries Fueling Market Growth
Heat seal coating is thermoplastic coating mostly used to seal products, packaging, and other thermoplastic materials using heat. The coating can be done with uniform thermoplastic monolayers or with materials having several layers, at least one being thermoplastic. Heat seal coating can be supplied in a wide variety of chemistries and carriers. They are highly formulated with very specific characteristics for the end-use application. In food packaging & consumer goods industries, low-temperature heat seal films are most commonly used, which primarily fuels the heat seal coating market. These films are composed of a heat seal resin coating that bonds the two substrates commonly using pressure and heat. The most common applications of heat seal coating include blister packaging in pharmaceutical applications and lidding films for food containers and trays. The rising growth rate in these industries is expected to positively influence the global heat seal coating market during the forecast period.
Coatings may be formulated to provide a lower seal-initiation temperature (SIT) than conventional extrusion-coated LDPE. Low SIT is suited for packaging heat-sensitive products such as chocolates and sticky confections. Low-temperature sealing also translates to improved operational efficiency via higher line speeds, as less thermal energy is needed to close the package. Moreover, heat sealing manufacturers are producing a full line of waterborne and solvent-borne heat seal coatings for multiple applications of flexible packaging, including lidding for condiments and dairy, as well as retortable and ovenable containers. Moreover, heat seal coating is used in in-mold labelling and medical packaging, and other industrial applications. Manufacturers are focusing on multiple grades of heat seal adhesive to suit the most common applications, including gravure, flexographic, reverse roll, slot die, air knife, and wire-wound rods.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Heat Seal Coating Market
Pharmaceutical Packaging Drive Demand for Heat Seal Coatings
The outbreak of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) has rapidly spread across the world, and its impact on humans and businesses is unfortunate. Businesses that help provide for essential needs, such as delivery of food and supplies safely to the consumers have undergone heavy challenges. With food packaging being the heat seal coating market’s largest area of activity, the US$ 200 Bn per year worldwide market is on the front lines. The coronavirus crisis has already led to some of the sharpest declines in recent times in demand for certain types of food packaging. It has also influenced the growth for others including packaging for pharmaceuticals that are emerging as essential during the pandemic. Such changes are presenting many heat seal coating companies with a new set of challenges. Key market players are using this time to research and plan new strategies for the post-COVID-19 markets, and overcome the loss as soon as possible.
The demand for heat seal coating for healthcare packaging and related substrates has increased since the pandemic first began. Likewise, the demand from packaging used in dietary supplements, such as vitamins, and for essential supplies, such as allergy medication, that consumers mostly demanded in lockdown has improved the economic situation for the global heat seal coating market. Furthermore, global consumers are expected to be more inclined to buy their products through different channels from those they used before the pandemic. This has led to a powerful acceleration of eCommerce shipments and other home-delivery services. Global consumers are changing their behavior in the light of the crisis, and research suggests they intend to double their spending at online-only grocery stores. This is expected to prove beneficial for the global heat seal coating market.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Rising Demand for Blister, Flexible Packaging Fuels Heat Seal Coating Market
The increasing growth rate of the flexible packaging market ensures a long-term demand for seal coatings. In addition, flexible packaging holds major share of the packaging segment, which is anticipated to expand during the forecast period. Thus, the rising demand from the flexible packaging segment is driving the heat seal coating market in the upcoming future. Moreover, the environment-friendly water-based heat seal coating has its major uses in various end-use industries for packaging. Moreover, these coatings are popularly used to reduce volatile organic compounds (VOCs) emissions and aid packaging companies to reduce their carbon footprint, and move toward sustainable packaging solutions. Furthermore, the pharmaceutical industry is increasingly relying on blister packaging, which requires heat seal coatings.
The growing utilization of heat seal coating in flexible packing for lidding films for food containers and trays, and soap wrapping is propelling the heat seal coating market.
The global heat seal coating market witnesses varied demand in different regions depending on end use markets. With rapid urbanization and changing lifestyle, people in Asia Pacific have increased the demand for ready-to-eat or convenience food products that use heat seat coating for most packaging. The global research on population describes that more than 50% of people resides in urban areas, which is most likely to grow during the forecast period. Furthermore, the available population in countries such as India and China is already enhancing the production rate and industries in the region. Thus, Asia pacific is anticipated to be the fastest-growing region in the heat seal coatings market during the forecast period. Apart from Asia Pacific, the increasing number of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in the Middle East and Africa are proving to be vital components of the private sector and significant drivers of market growth in the region.
Key Factors Influencing Heat Seal Coating Market Growth
The growing demand in the food & beverages industry is one of the major factors contributing to the growth of the heat seal coating market. This can be attributed to the necessity of tight packaging required for the shipment of foodstuffs, as the delay in delivery time can spoil the food, and heat seal coating gives the best solution to the issue. The rising eco-friendly trends influence the demand from customers to use environment-friendly materials in different types of products. This is most likely to boost the growth of the heat seal coating market during the forecast period.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Heat Seal Coating Market
Environmental awareness programs and manufacturer consciousness of using packaging solutions based on renewable raw materials are propelling the popularity of heat seal coatings among major end-use industries. The food and beverage packaging, being one of the larger consumers of heat seal coating market, is growing its significance in Asia Pacific. Thus, the Asia Pacific is anticipated to lead the heat seal coating market during the forecast period. Due to several factors mentioned in the complete report, the global heat seal coating market is projected to clock a value CAGR of 6.3% during the forecast period.
Heat Seal Coating Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global heat seal coating market for the forecast period of 2021-2029, the market is estimated to grow owing to the demand from food, personal care & cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and other industries
- The global heat seal coating market is expected to clock a value CAGR of 6.3% during the forecast period
Healthcare, Pharmaceutical Packaging to Fuel Growth of Heat Seal Coating Market
- The pharmaceutical industry as an end user is expected to clock a year on year growth of 5.5% to 6.0% in 2021 to 2022. The segment is also estimated to attract an incremental opportunity of US$ 1,329.7 Mn during the forecast period.
- Heat seal blister packaging in the pharmaceuticals segment is the primary reason for its growth in the global market. The product volume is projected to reach total units of 826 thousand tons.
- Global competitiveness and technological advancements in healthcare and pharmaceutical segments are challenging the packaging business, thus giving rise to cost-effective solutions for the same. Furthermore, due to the COVID-19 outbreak, an economic shift was observed toward healthcare and pharmaceutical manufacturing across the globe.
- Amcor plc, an Australian-American, U.K.-domiciled packaging company launched heat seal coating packaging solutions for the healthcare industry in June 2021. The product ACT2100 is an addition to its existing portfolio of adhesives comprising CR27 and SBP2000 heat seal coatings, its original adhesive products. The new innovative solution is expected to bring a revolutionary change in the industry through better sealing capacity, usage on varied substrates, and moisture resistance to discourage product deterioration.
Flexible Packaging for Food Industry to Attract Innovative Opportunities for Heat Seal Coating Manufacturers
- On-the-go solutions and smaller portion size packaging for food products are few trends in the food packaging market that is giving rise to heat seal coating solutions. Food product packaging appearances not only influences customer perceptions toward buying behavior, but also builds a brand’s image and helps in easy brand recognition.
- Finished food packaging is moisture-resistant and shields the food against light, bacteria, and excessive environmental weather conditions. The chief challenge that food packaging with heat seal coating faces is compliance to all food and health safety regulations and avoiding food contamination through coating seepage in food.
- Heat seal coatings shape the appearance, convenience, and user-friendly nature of the packaging. Dairy packaging, especially aluminum foil yoghurt lids and plastic-based cheese packaging are few products that excessively involve heat seal packaging and are highly perishable. Hence, coating manufacturers take extra precautions, while designing coatings for food products.
- Food packaging is flourishing in Asia Pacific due to increasing demand for convenient food packaging solutions and expected to capture more than 70% of the end-use market share in the region in 2021
Low Temperature Heat Seals, Nonylphenol-free Heat Seal Coatings Few Trends in Global Market
- Heat seal coatings are now available in PVC-free, Nonylphenol-free, and BPA-NI features which makes them friendly for food packaging. Low-temperature heat seal packaging, good hot-tack properties, highly puncture-resistance and easy-peel are some more properties that make heat seal coatings user-friendly and convenient to use.
- Bostik Global, an Arkema company subsidiary launched an anti-fog heat seal coating for clear packaging of fresh fruits and vegetables in October 2018. It was not only revolutionary but also paved the way for market players to develop clear heat seal coated packaging to cater to the market demand.
- Transparent and colored heat seal coatings are other newly developed types of coatings, which are shaping the reliable and consumer-friendly market for coatings
Heat Seal Coating Market: Key Findings
- Innovation is likely to be a critical success factor in the heat seal coating industry, especially due to the usage of plastic and aluminum packaging in the food & beverage sector. The global heat seal coating market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 6.3% during the forecast period, in terms of value. The market is forecast to cross the value of US$ 14 Bn by 2029.
- The water-based coating type is expected to rank the highest in terms of growth with an accelerating CAGR of 7.9% during the forecast period
- Food in the end use segment is estimated to capture more than 65% market share, in terms of value, in the heat seal coating market in 2021
- Asia Pacific region is estimated to account for 11-12% of Y-o-Y growth in the year 2028-2029. The region is likely to grow by 690 BPS during the forecast period.
- The hot melt coating type segment is projected to expand at a CAGR of 5.4% during the forecast period
- The personal care & cosmetics end use segment is expected to witness a CAGR of 7.1% and grow by 1.8 times its value during the forecast period of 2021-2029
- Middle East and Africa is expected to create an incremental opportunity of US$ 136.1 Mn by 2029
- The overall market for heat seal coating is anticipated to magnify 1.7 times during the forecast period, which is anticipated to attract manufacturers across the globe
Heat Seal Coating Market: Competition Landscape
- TMR analyzed that the global heat seal coating market is highly competitive, owing to large number of global and local players in the market. This competition among key players is carefully studied based on developments, strategies, and segmental revenue of the companies.
- TMR Group includes global players such as
- Michelman, Inc.
- Cattie Adhesives
- Arkema S.A.
- Toyochem Co Ltd.
- H.B. Fuller Company
- Paramelt B.V.
- Yasuhara Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Henkel AG & Co. KgaA
- Emax Label Solutions
- The Dow Chemical Company
- Taihei Chemicals Limited
- Trillium Products Ltd.
- Mitsui Chemicals, Inc.
- Uflex Limited
- Wacker Chemie AG in the detailed report
- TMR distinguished these heat seal coating market players as per their segmental earnings into different tier slabs. These key players are estimated to hold nearly 40-50% share of the global market. Tier 1 players in the category hold revenue more than US$ 400 Mn, while Tier 2 players holds revenue between US$ 100 to 400 Mn. Tier 3 players hold a share below US$ 100 Mn.
Impact of COVID-19 on Heat Seal Coating Market
- The heat seal coating market is expected to increase at a growth rate of 3.6%, to account over US$ 8.7 Bn by 2021, as per the likely scenario. However, factors taken into consideration, such as market recovery from outbreak, demand & supply of raw materials, price, etc., can have positive impact on the market growth.
- Due to the ongoing outbreak, there can be a conservative scenario as per the unforeseen changes in the growth rate of considered factors
- Dual impact of automation and digitization on the coating and adhesive industry and stringent regulations imposed by various governments to restrict the usage of additives in coatings can have negative impact on the cost of heat seal coating
Heat Seal Coating Market – Scope of Report
Transparency Market Research (TMR) started a new study on the global heat seal coating market, providing forecast for the period of 2021-2029. In the study, growth opportunity for the heat seal coating market is witnessed.
The report provides valuable insights, which enable readers to make winning business decisions for future growth of their businesses. The report highlights significant factors that are constantly determining the growth of the heat seal coating market, untapped opportunities for manufacturers, trends and developments, and other insights across various key segments. Macroeconomic factors that are directly or indirectly affecting market growth are also incorporated in the report.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Heat Seal Coating Market Report
- What will be the impact of COVID-19 on the heat seal coating market?
- Which end use will be the most lucrative for heat seal coating?
- What will be market size for heat seal coating by the end of 2029?
- Which is the most preferred coating type for heat seal coating in the global market?
- Which region will remain most lucrative for market growth?
- Which are the top five countries of heat seal coating market?
- Which coating type holds maximum market share of the global heat seal coating market?
- Who are major key players in the heat seal coating market?
Key indicators associated with the heat seal coating market have been calculated thoroughly in the report. The study enumerates vital market dynamics such as key drivers, challenges, and trends, along with opportunities in the global heat seal coating market. A comprehensive study on the value chain, which includes component suppliers, manufacturers, distributors, and end users have been incorporated in the global market report. Other key aspects laid down in the market include pricing strategy of leading market players and comparative analysis of heat seal coating. Furthermore, forecast factors and forecast scenarios of the heat seal coating market have been covered in the report to understand future prospects of the market.
A comprehensive evaluation and forecast on the heat seal coating market are provided on the basis of coating type, end use, and region.
Y-o-Y growth comparison, volume and revenue comparison, and market share comparison of various market segments are provided in the report. The heat seal coating market is analyzed at both regional and country levels.
The report delivers an exhaustive assessment on the structure of the heat seal coating market, in tandem with a dashboard view of all leading company profiles in the report. Every company’s share analysis on market players have also been presented in the report, apart from the footprint matrix of profiled market players. The report depicts the presence of heat seal coating manufacturers by leveraging an intensity map. It also highlights key end users for heat seal coating.
The report includes company overview of key players. Some of the key companies profiled in the heat seal coating market report includes global players like Michelman, Inc., Cattie Adhesives, Arkema S.A., Toyochem Co Ltd., H.B. Fuller Company, Paramelt B.V., Yasuhara Chemical Co., Ltd., Henkel AG & Co. KgaA, Emax Label Solutions, The Dow Chemical Company, Taihei Chemicals Limited, Trillium Products Ltd., Mitsui Chemicals, Inc., Uflex Limited, and Wacker Chemie AG in the detailed report.
A realistic methodology, along with a holistic approach makes the base for sharp insights, which are provided in the heat seal coating market for the study evaluation period. The TMR report comprises of detailed information on growth prospects, along with riveting insights into the forecast assessment of the market.
Extensive primary and secondary researches have been employed to garner keen insights into the forecast study of the heat seal coating market. The report has further gone through a cross-validation by in-house professionals to make the heat seal coating market report one-of-its-kind, with the highest credibility.
Heat Seal Coating Market – Segmentation
The global heat seal coating market has been classified on the basis of coating type, end use, and region. Each of these segments are analyzed to provide readers with holistic view of the market.