Health IT Security Market: Introduction
The global health IT security market is likely to experience a noteworthy growth in the coming years. This is credited to strict regulatory norms and emergence of interconnected medical gadgets. Owing to the rising utilization of connected gadgets the health IT security is expected to hold a key role in safeguarding health data gathered and imparted from several smart gadgets to caregivers and patients. In addition, owing rising adoption if BYOD, rising use of smartphones, is contributing in the growth of health IT security market. Moreover, rising data breeches are adding to the growth.
Health IT Security Market: Novel Developments
Hardin Memorial Hospital (HMH), based in Kentucky had a cyberattack this weekend, which caused EHR downtime and IT disturbance, as indicated by local media Wave3 News.
The IT frameworks initially started on Friday night, yet authorities said patient care was not interrupted. The hospital executed its back-up plans and brought in additional staff, while giving manual care without access to the EHR.
Up until this point, authorities said they've had the capacity to verify and reestablish a considerable lot of its frameworks. Further, all patient car are open for facilities, including at HMH Care First ICUs and its emergency section.
The key players leading the global market are Symantec Corporation, IBM Corporation, Trend Micro Incorporated, EMC Corporation, Oracle Corporation, SailPoint Technologies, Hewlett Packard, Dell Inc., Intel Corporation, and AT&T.
Health IT Security Market Dynamics
Emergence of Cloud Computing Contribute in Market Growth
- The market for healthcare IT security services segment is relied upon to develop at the faster pace contrasted with healthcare IT security products market in the forthcoming years, as the end clients in this market would require consistent help to save their IT framework from rising cyber-attacks.
- The cloud security provides new development roads of health IT security, and advancement of smart IT security system is foreseen to make opportunities in the market. In addition, monstrous unexplored market in developing nations are making huge scope for the health IT security market to develop at a significant rate in the upcoming years. In any case, limited digital security experts and limited spending on IT security are the driving factors hampering the development of the global market.
- The digital health innovation aids in enhancing communication among patients and healthcare suppliers to diminish medicinal blunders for improved coordinated care. These advances likewise help to impart data to other healthcare associations and suppliers, for example, emergency facilities, medical imaging facilities, pharmacies, clinics, and labs. Advanced health the management, reliability, and affordability are significant objectives to be accomplished in healthcare division.
- Patient security and data protection are the significant parts of the well-working of healthcare environment. Cybercrimes are on the constant rise around the world. Hospital experiences key issues regarding various cybercrimes which approach the safety and secrecy of their information resources and company IT frameworks.
Increased Healthcare Breeches Makes North America Leading Region in Market
Based on regions, North America has been the biggest market for health IT security, attributable to substantial number of healthcare information breeches, and stringent administrative regulations on information protection. The U.S. contributed as the biggest revenue contributor in North America and global health IT security market. Moreover, Europe has been the second biggest market for health IT security, where the market is boosted by the increasing cases of cyber-attacks to misuse healthcare data of a person. Globally, the health IT security market is estimated to witness the quickest development in Asia-Pacific in the span of coming years. The most astounding development in the region is ascribed to the rising attention to IT security and popularity of connected medical gadgets for managing the rising cases of chronic ailments in the mentioned region.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.