Health Information Exchange (HIE) Market – Overview
The COVID-19 pandemic has created technological shifts crucial to providing better care. The crisis has made complying with data interoperability a priority for most healthcare institutions. It has also increased the need for social distancing among physicians and patients, which has driven the demand for remote patient monitoring and telehealth solutions and the need for the accurate and timely exchange of patient health records. In this regard, health information exchange is an effective tool that provides a framework for exchanging, sharing, and retrieving electronic health information with advanced security.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Health Information Exchange (HIE) Market – Drivers and Restraints
Health information exchange solutions have a few helpful applications in healthcare. In any case, the reception of these solutions is limited to a degree attributable to data security and privacy concerns. Patient health data is secured under government laws in numerous nations, and any breaks or failure to keep up with its honesty can result in legitimate and monetary punishments. Patient data contains individual, private, or secret information and requires severe defending to forestall its abuse. Since the interoperable solutions utilized for patient care expect admittance to numerous health data sets, it is fundamental for these solutions to cling to every one of the data security conventions executed by states and administrative authorities. This is a troublesome undertaking as most interoperability stages are merged and require broad figuring power, inferable from which patient data, or portions of it, can be needed to dwell in a merchant's data place.
Health Information Exchange (HIE) Market – Competitive Scenario and Notable Developments
- In 2021, MEDITECH (US) entered into an agreement with Steward Health Care, wherein the latter implemented MEDITECH’s EHR system in 18 sites located across Arizona, Texas, Utah, Arkansas, and Louisiana. This decision was a part of Steward’s “One Platform” strategy to bring all 35 hospitals under a single HER
- In 2021, Change Healthcare launched its nationwide Clinical Data Retrieval Solution, a new cloud-based interoperability solution that makes it possible for payers to quickly and easily retrieve patient records from the electronic health record (EHR) systems
- In 2020, Epic Systems Corporation partnered with Adena Health System to implement Epic’s EHR across Adena’s health system. This partnership will help increase patient data exchange with the Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
- In 2020, Health Catalyst (US) entered into a multi-year strategic partnership with Middle East Healthcare Company (MEAHCO) (Saudi Arabia).Under this partnership, six Saudi-German Hospitals in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) will have access to Health Catalyst’s DOS technology.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Health Information Exchange (HIE) Market
Health Information Exchange (HIE) Market – Geographical Outlook
Based on the regional segmentation, the global Health information exchange (HIE) market can be segmented into five key regions. These regional segments are North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Middle East and Africa. Of these, the global Health information exchange (HIE) market is expected to be dominated by the regional segment of North America. The growth of the North America market can be primarily attributed to the increasing demand for information exchange from the global healthcare industry. In addition to this, a glowing presence of several of the leading players in the global Health information exchange (HIE) market is also expected to work in favor of the overall development of the North America regional segment. Moreover, possibility of addition of more projects in the coming years of the forecast period is also likely to work in favor of the overall growth of the North America Health information exchange (HIE) market. The Health information exchange (HIE) market for APAC is expected to hold the largest market share. APAC is projected to be the fastest-growing market for health information exchange (HIE) during the forecast period. With three of the top 10 largest economies in the world—China, India, and Japan—the Asia Pacific region presents a high potential for the growth of the market.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.