HCV Direct-Acting Antivirals: Introduction
- Hepatitis C is a viral infection that leads to inflammation of the liver, which can cause serious liver damage. The infection caused by hepatitis C virus (HCV), a blood borne virus, spreads through contaminated blood. A person can come in contact with contaminated blood during transfusion of unscreened blood and blood products, unsafe injection practices, and sexual practices that can lead to exposure to contaminated blood.
- Previously, patients with hepatitis C infection needed weekly injections and oral medications. However, patients were unable to continue the treatment owing to side-effects and other health issues.
- Management of HCV patients has transformed in the last few years, wherein patients are cured by oral medications. This treatment is continued for two to six months, depending on the patient’s improvement and recommendations from the healthcare provider.
- Hepatitis C is one of the major causes of liver cancer.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the HCV Direct-Acting Antivirals Market
Key Drivers of Global HCV Direct-Acting Antivirals Market
- The global HCV direct-acting antivirals market is primarily driven by an increase in prevalence of chronic hepatitis C virus infection, rise in awareness about newer generation therapeutic options for HCV, and a rise in research & development activities by pharmaceutical companies about infectious diseases
- According to the World Health Organization (WHO), nearly 71 million people are living with chronic hepatitis C virus infection. Of these, a large group of population developed cirrhosis or liver cancer. Additionally, in 2016, nearly 399 000 people died from hepatitis C.
Combination Drugs Segment to Gain Share in Global Market
- In terms of drug class, the global HCV direct-acting antivirals market can be classified into NS3/4A protease inhibitors, NS5A polymerase inhibitors, NS5B polymerase inhibitors, and combination drugs
- The combination drugs segment is anticipated to dominate the global HCV direct-acting antivirals market during the forecast period, due to a large number of clinical trials evaluating combination drugs for the treatment of HCV and a rise in expenditure on these trails
Hospital Pharmacies to be a Highly Lucrative Segment
- In terms of distribution channel, the global HCV direct-acting antivirals market can be categorized into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and online pharmacies
- The hospital pharmacies segment is likely to account for a major share of the global HCV direct-acting antivirals market by 2030, owing to an increase in patient volume at hospitals and growing availability of prescribed antiviral drugs at pharmacies
North America to Dominate Global HCV Direct-Acting Antivirals Market
In terms of region, the global HCV direct-acting antivirals market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to dominate the global HCV direct-acting antivirals market during the forecast period owing an increase in awareness about HCV direct-antivirals and rising R&D expenditure.
- The market in Europe is anticipated to be driven by a rise in number of patients with HCV and lung cancer, an increase in awareness about association of HCV & lung cancer, presence well-established pharmaceutical companies, and the expansion of the pharmaceutical industry in the European Union. As per the WHO, Europe is one of the most affected regions by HCV. According to the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control, nearly 31 273 cases of hepatitis C were recorded in 29 member states of the European Union.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global HCV direct-acting antivirals market is highly fragmented, with a large number of domestic players accounting for major market share. Key players operating in the global HCV direct-acting antivirals market include:
- Gilead Sciences, Inc.
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc.
Global HCV Direct-Acting Antivirals Market: Research Scope
Global HCV Direct-Acting Antivirals Market, by Drug Class
- NS3/4A protease inhibitors
- NS5A polymerase inhibitors
- NS5B polymerase inhibitors
- Combination Drugs
Global HCV Direct-Acting Antivirals Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.