Global Handheld Robotics Market: Overview
- The role of current-generation surgical robots is to assist operating surgeons rather than to replace them. By combining advantages of the operator and the robot, surgeons can achieve the desired outcome with high precision and accuracy. Robots can help achieve high precision and dexterity. However, unlike human beings, they lack the decision-making power and cognitive skills. Handheld robots enable surgeons to gain real-time control over surgical tools with improved precision.
- Researchers are currently developing handheld robots that are highly flexible and that can be manipulated by surgeons in free space in the same manner in which conventional instruments are handled. Handheld robots have the advantage of being compact. Also, they can be easily integrated into the normal surgical workflow, as they do not require much setup time. However, the development of these robots faces several technological challenges, including cost and sterility, miniaturization, and control stability.
- The global handheld robotics market is projected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period. Increasing demand for minimally invasive surgeries and cost advantages of handheld robotics over robotic surgery are some of the factors responsible for growth of the global handheld robotics market.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Handheld Robotics Market Report
Key Drivers of Global Handheld Robotics Market
- The global handheld robotics market is anticipated to be driven by rise in the geriatric population, increase in the number of surgical procedures, high demand for minimally invasive surgeries, and technological advancements in handheld robotics
- Introduction of innovative products and extensive research and development activities in the field of handheld robotics are driving the global market. For instance, in March 2018, Human Xtensions received the FDA approval for its HandX device, a single-use, handheld laparoscopic device that offers technological benefits of robotic surgery through a cordless, lightweight, handheld modular platform. The HandX device is designed to assist in laparoscopic manipulation of the tissues, including grasping, ligation, and suturing.
- Demand for minimally invasive surgeries has increased significantly over the last few years. Handheld robots are designed to overcome limitations in minimally invasive surgeries. Handheld robots are developed to provide improved functionalities along with precision-driven and articulating instrument tips. These devices offer enhancement in precision, ergonomics, and dexterity. Hence, rise in the number of minimally invasive surgeries is expected to drive the global handheld robotics market during the forecast period.
North America to Hold a Major Share of Global Handheld Robotics Market
- North America is projected to account for a prominent share of the global handheld robotics market during the forecast period. Increase in geriatric population, high rate of adoption of advanced medical devices, and presence of major market players in the region are expected to fuel the handheld robotics market in North America. Moreover, favorable reimbursement policies, increase in the number of ambulatory surgical centers, and rise in the funding by governments for medical robots are anticipated to propel the market in North America during the forecast period.
- Economic growth in India, China, Brazil, Mexico, and other countries in Asia and Latin America has raised the disposable income of people, thereby increasing their purchasing power. Moreover, development of health care infrastructure, growing number of private and public hospitals, and increasing government initiatives to improve health care access are estimated to drive the handheld robotics market in these regions during the forecast period. Moreover, growth in elderly population, expanding base of health care insurance, and improved lifestyle are expected to facilitate the entry of handheld robot manufacturers in the market in the near future.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Handheld Robotics Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Handheld Robotics Market
- Smith & Nephew
- Human Xtensions
- Tuebingen Scientific Medical GmbH
- Medtronic plc
- Terumo Medical Corporation
- Microline Surgicals
- B. Braun Melsungen
Global Handheld Robotics Market: Research Scope
Global Handheld Robotics Market, by Product
- Tremor Suppression Devices
- Active Guidance Systems
- Articulated Mechatronic Devices
- Force Control Systems
- Haptic Feedback Devices
Global Handheld Robotics Market, by Application
- ENT Surgery
- Cardiothoracic Surgery
Global Handheld Robotics Market, by End-user
- Specialty Clinics
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers
Global Handheld Robotics Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.