Handheld Imaging Devices Market
Handheld Imaging Devices Market (Product: X-ray/Fluoroscopy Scanners, Optical Imaging Devices, Ultrasound Scanners, Near Infrared (NIR) Spectroscopy Scanners, and Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) Scanners; Component: Devices, Apps & Software, and Accessories; Application: Ophthalmology, Endocrinology, Urology, Gynecology & Obstetrics, Dermatology, Dentistry, Cardiology & Vascular, Orthopedics, and Others; and End User: Hospitals, Diagnostic Imaging Centers, Specialty Clinics, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
High Battery-capacity X-ray Systems Cater to Dental Procedures
There is a growing demand for handheld imaging devices in dentistry and orthopedics. As such, X-ray/fluoroscopic scanners product segment of the handheld imaging devices market is estimated to reach a value of ~US$ 1.2 Bn by the end of 2027. Hence, companies are innovating in advanced X-ray systems that overcome limitations of conventional wall-mount units. For instance, German-based dental products manufacturer KaVo Dental announced the launch of NOMAD™ Pro 2- a unique handheld X-ray system, which is available for routine dental purposes.
Advanced handheld X-ray systems are gradually becoming mainstream in most dentistry clinics. Companies in the handheld imaging devices market are focusing on the needs of clinicians so that dentists gain reliability through these systems during busy dental office needs and appreciates. They are increasing their efficacy in technologies that enhance the safety and portability of these systems. Companies in the handheld imaging devices market are introducing X-ray systems with high-capacity battery technology.
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Point-of-Care Handheld Imaging Devices Market
High Prevalence Rate of Oral Cancer in India Drives Innovation in Handheld Imaging Devices
According to Engineering for Change, an online platform that solves global development problems, suggests that oral cancer is among the top three cancers diagnosed in India. High prevalence of oral cancer in India led companies in the handheld imaging devices market to develop innovative equipment. For instance, Sascan Meditech-a Bengaluru-based optical imaging technology company, revealed that the company’s device OralScan built with multi-modal imaging camera is undergoing clinical trials.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Healthcare companies in the market for handheld imaging devices are tapping opportunities in software and data analytics to improve patient outcomes. Medical device startups are participating in innovation trade fairs to bolster their credibility credentials in the global handheld imaging devices market. They are augmenting the advantages of cloud to help circulate the captured data among clinicians. Machine learning is also gaining prominence in the global market landscape, since algorithms provide feed on ratio values to assess differences between the types of cancer in patients.
Researchers Develop Handheld Portable Scanners Whole-brain MRI
There is a growing demand for lightweight and portable scanners that perform whole-brain MRI scan for patients with mobility challenges in the handheld imaging devices market. For instance, researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, developed a cost-effective portable helmet-like scanner that offers promising abilities than conventional MRI systems.
Optical imaging devices product segment of the handheld imaging devices market is projected to reach a value of ~US$ 800 Mn by 2027. Hence, companies in the market for handheld imaging devices are exploring opportunities in optical imaging devices to cater to specific needs of patients.
Innovations in these devices are likely to offer diagnostic-quality images that improve patient quality of life. However, challenges in imaging artefacts during the development of uniform magnetic field for image coding poses as restraint for researchers and manufacturers. Hence, companies in the market for handheld imaging devices should collaborate with researchers to use more flexible image coding approach to generate images with fewer artefacts.
Intelligent Devices Steer Innovation in Dermatology
Clinicians operating in the field of dermatology are eyeing alternatives that offer cost-efficiency and enhance the workflow at clinics. With the introduction of new handheld imaging devices, dermatologists are increasingly relying on smarter ways to perform skin examinations. For instance, Barco, a Belgian technology company specializing in digital image projection is increasing awareness about its product Demetra that provides intelligent and augmented insights.
Innovations in handheld imaging devices are serving as affordable and accessible solutions in skin lesion screening. As such, dermatology application segment of the handheld imaging devices market is anticipated to reach a value of ~US$ 600 Mn by 2027. Hence, companies are gaining expertise in multispectral digital imaging technology to improve efficiency in skin examinations.
The uptake of handheld imaging devices in dermatology is soaring, since dermatologists chart lesions on mannequins or through clinical overview photographs. Thus, companies in the handheld imaging devices market are helping dermatologists to boost their professional credibility by increasing the availability of technologically sound devices.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Ergonomic design innovations are boosting the sales of handheld imaging devices in dentistry, owing to better weight dispersion and stability in the palm. Companies in the handheld imaging devices market are developing equipment with LEDs and monochrome cameras to provide early detection of oral cancer.
Pitfalls of handheld devices involve heavy weight of these devices that affect the productivity of clinicians. Hence, companies should gain knowledge about ergonomics to design devices that reduce fatigue among users. They should develop devices that alleviate the hassle of switching between cameras or lenses during close-up or clinical overview pictures taken at the time of skin examinations.
Handheld Imaging Devices Market: Overview
- Handheld imaging devices can be defined as mobile or portable imaging devices or scanners utilized to visualize internal organs, or scan body parts, for diagnosis of different diseases and to determine further treatment
- These handheld imaging devices are easy to carry, convenient to handle, and have been gaining popularity for screening various diseases in the last few years
- These handheld imaging devices are majorly used by clinics and provide real-time imaging that is utilized in diverse fields such as urology, dentistry, gynecology, orthopedics, cardiology
- Handheld imaging devices are coupled with apps and software, which can be accessed through smartphones, and physicians can monitor patient’s health indicators by these devices through scanning different body internal organs in real-time
- Increase in incidence of chronic diseases along with a rise in geriatric population is a major factor boosting the global handheld imaging devices market, as these handheld imaging devices are used for early diagnosis of chronic diseases with ease.
- Ongoing developments by major companies in imaging technologies for handheld imaging devices are leading to the introduction of advanced imaging equipment in order to remain competitive in the healthcare services market. Therefore, technological advancements in terms of portability, apps, and software mainly in handheld imaging devices are also fueling the growth of global handheld imaging devices market.
- Rise in number of approved handheld imaging devices by different regulatory authorities across the world is driving the global handheld imaging devices market.
- Surge in inclination toward point of care diagnostic tools is a major factor propelling the global handheld imaging devices market
Market Segmentation: Handheld Imaging Devices Market
- Based on product, the global handheld imaging devices market has been divided into X-ray/fluoroscopy scanners, optical imaging devices, ultrasound scanners, near infrared (NIR) spectroscopy scanners, and optical coherence tomography (OCT) scanners
- In terms of component, the global handheld imaging devices market has been segmented into devices, apps & software, and accessories
- Based on application, the global market has been classified into ophthalmology, endocrinology, urology, gynecology & obstetrics, dermatology, dentistry, cardiology and vascular, orthopedics, and others
- Based on end-user, the global handheld imaging devices market has been segregated into hospitals, diagnostic imaging centers, specialty clinics, and others
- Each of the segments has been analyzed in detail for market trends, recent trends, and developments, drivers, restraints, opportunities, and useful insights.
- The global handheld imaging devices market report provides current and future revenues (US$ Mn) for each these segments for the period from 2017 to 2027, considering 2018 as the base year. The compound annual growth rate (% CAGR) has been provided for each segment and market from 2019 to 2027 along with market size estimations.
Regional Overview: Handheld Imaging Devices Market
- In terms of region, the global handheld imaging devices market has been divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. The regions have been further divided into major countries and sub-regions.
- The current and future market sizes in terms of revenue (US$ Mn) of these regional handheld imaging devices markets and their major countries have been provided in the report for the period from 2017 to 2027, with their CAGRs for the period from 2019 to 2027.
- The study also offers a list of recommendations, highlights, and useful insights of the global handheld imaging devices market which will help new companies willing to enter the market and existing companies to increase market shares, and help in the decision-making process.
Major Players in Handheld Imaging Devices Market
- The global handheld imaging devices report concludes with the company profiles section that includes key information about the major players in the market
- Key players analyzed in this report include
- GE Healthcare (GE Electric Company)
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- Siemens Healthineers
- FUJIFILM Corporation
- Micro C,
- Butterfly Network, Inc.
- Clarius Mobile Health
- InfraScan, Inc.
- KaVo Dental
- MolecuLight, Inc.
- Each of these players has been profiled in the global handheld imaging devices report based on parameters such as company overview, financial overview, business strategies, product portfolio, business segments, and recent developments
Handheld Imaging Devices Market – Scope of the Report
TMR’S report on the global handheld imaging devices market studies past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of the same indicators for the said market during the forecast period from 2019 to 2027. The report provides the overall market revenue of the global handheld imaging devices market for the period of 2017–2027 period, with 2018 as the base year and 2027 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global handheld imaging devices market for the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after an extensive primary and secondary research. Primary research involves bulk of research efforts, wherein, analysts carry out interviews with key opinion leaders, industry leaders, and opinion makers. Extensive secondary research involves referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global handheld imaging devices market.
Secondary research also includes Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts have employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approach to study various phenomena in the global handheld imaging devices market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments and sub-segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on changing competitive dynamics in the global handheld imaging devices market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in participating in the global handheld imaging devices market.
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the global handheld imaging devices market. Key players operating in the global handheld imaging devices market have been identified, and each one of them has been profiled for their distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOTs are some of the attributes of players in the global handheld imaging devices market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in the Handheld Imaging Devices Market Report
- What is the sales/revenue generated by each product segment of the handheld imaging devices market across all regions during the forecast period?
- What are the opportunities in the global handheld imaging devices market?
- What are the major drivers, restraints, opportunities, and threats in the market?
- Which region is likely to expand at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period?
- Which handheld imaging devices product, component, application and end-user segments are expected to generate the highest revenue globally in 2027? Which segment is projected to expand at the highest CAGR during the forecast period?
- What is the market share or position of different companies operating in the global market in 2018?
Handheld Imaging Devices Market – Research Objectives and Research Approach
The comprehensive report on the global handheld imaging devices market begins with an overview of the said market, followed by the scope and objectives of this study. Following this, the report provides detailed explanation of the objectives behind this study, regulatory scenario, key industrial developments, and disease prevalence rate of different diseases and conditions.
For reading comprehensibility, the report has been compiled in a chapter-wise layout, with each section divided into small sections. The entire report comprises an exhaustive collection of graphs and tables appropriately interspersed in the entire compilation. Pictorial representation of actual and projected values of key segments is visually appealing to readers. This also allows comparison of the market shares of key segments in the past and at the end of the forecast period.
The report analyzes the global handheld imaging devices market in terms of product, component, application, end-user, and region. Key segments under each criteria have been studied at length, and the market share for each of them at the end of 2027 has been provided herein. Such valuable insights enable market stakeholders in making informed business decisions for investment in the global handheld imaging devices market.
Handheld Imaging Devices Market – Segmentation
TMR’s study on the global handheld imaging devices market includes information divided into five sections - by product, by component, by application, by end-user, and by region. Changing industry trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with these sections of the global handheld imaging devices market have been discussed in detail.
Optical Imaging Devices
Near Infrared (NIR) Spectroscopy Scanners
Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) Scanners
Apps & Software
Gynecology & Obstetrics
Cardiology & Vascular
Diagnostic Imaging Centers
Middle East & Africa