Hall-effect Current Sensors Market
Hall-effect Current Sensors Market (Output Type: Linear and Digital; Technology: Close Loop Current Sensor and Open Loop Current Sensor; Sensing Current Range: 5A – 30A, 30A – 50A, 50A – 100A, 100A – 150A, 150A – 200A, and Above 200A; and End-use Industry: Automotive, Consumer Electronics, Industrial Automation, Telecommunication, and Others) – Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
- Electronics & Semiconductors
- 225 Pages
Growing Adoption of Open-loop Hall-effect Sensors for Industrial Automation to Fuel Market Growth
The considerable boom of the industrial sector around the world, particularly in developing regions of the world, including Asia Pacific and the Middle East & Africa has played a key role in increasing the demand for current sensors in recent years. The increasing adoption of current sensors in industrial machinery is likely to influence the overall growth trajectory of the global hall-effect current sensors market during the forecast period. The growing demand for high efficiency and improved system performances across the consumer electronics space are primary factors expected to propel the adoption of hall-effect current sensors in the upcoming decade.
Due to rapid advancements in software-defined architectures, topologies, and entry of new materials, players involved in the current hall-effect current sensors market are increasingly focusing on innovations and product diversification to cater to the evolving industrial requirements. The demand for hall-effect devices continues to grow at a rapid pace worldwide due to which, the overall prospects of the global hall-effect current sensors market provide a positive outlook. Moreover, low costs of hall-effect current sensors in comparison with other alternatives is another major factor likely to increase the demand for hall-effect current sensors during the assessment period.
Market players are anticipated to focus on launching new products, invest in research and development, and continue to tap into the looming opportunities across various end-use industries such as consumer electronics, automotive, telecommunication, industrial automation, etc. At the back of these factors, the global hall-effect current sensors market is expected to surpass US$ 1.8 Bn mark by the end of 2030.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Hall-effect Current Sensors Market
Notable Progress in Hall-effect Sensors to Bolster Market Growth
The demand for hall-effect current sensors, particularly for use in applications wherein galvanic isolation is required, has witnessed a considerable growth in recent years. Low current, open loop hall-effect sensors that are coreless are increasingly being manufactured as a cost-effective solution for such applications– a factor that is expected to bolster the growth of the global hall-effect current sensors market during the forecast period. The noteworthy progress in the hall sensing technology has played an imperative role in boosting the hall-effect current sensors market in recent years. Although closed loop hall-effect current sensors are increasingly being used for the production of consumer electronics, the adoption across the automotive sector continues to remain sluggish. Moreover, commendable progress made by hall-effect magnetic field sensors has paved the way for direct differential sensing of current generated magnetic fields. This factor is expected to augment the adoption of hall-effect current sensors during the assessment period.
Open loop hall-effect current sensors are increasingly being used in an array of applications, including industrial automation, broadcast equipment, power monitoring, robotics, and battery systems, thus driving the hall-effect current sensors market.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Market Players Focus on Expanding Product Portfolio to Gain Advantage
Sensing the growing demand for hall-effect current sensors from various industrial sectors, current players involved in the global hall-effect current sensors market landscape are increasingly focusing on expanding their market share and presence by launching new products and product portfolio. For instance, in July 2020, Texas Instruments announced the launch of zero-drift hall-effect current sensor that offers high accuracy and lowest drift while simultaneously providing efficient 3-kVrms isolation. Furthermore, in June 2020, Melexis announced the launch of the automotive-grade 3D hall-effect current sensor that is specifically developed for automotive and industrial applications.
Market Players to Address Supply Chain Challenges amid COVID-19 Pandemic
The outbreak of the novel COVID-19 pandemic is anticipated to have a moderate impact on the hall-effect current sensors market in 2020. The demand from the industrial sector witnessed a considerable decline particularly in the first two quarters of 2020 due to stringent lockdown measures imposed by governments, restrictions on cross-border trade of non-essential commodities, and shutdown of the industrial sector in several regions of the world. In addition, the disruption in the raw material supply chains mainly due to the industrial lockdown across China is a major factor that led to a considerable decline in the overall production of hall-effect current sensors worldwide. However, the market is showing signs of recovery in the last quarter of 2020, as the industrial sector around the world continues to tread the path of recovery.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Hall-effect Current Sensors Market
The global hall-effect current sensors market is expected to expand at an impressive CAGR of ~7% during the forecast period. The market growth can be primarily attributed to factors such as advancements in hall-effect sensing technology, increasing demand for hall-effect current sensors from consumer electronics and automotive sectors, and growing emphasis on launching innovative hall-effect current sensors that cater to current industrial requirements. Market players should focus on research and development and continue to expand their product portfolio to gain a competitive edge in the current hall-effect current sensors market.
Hall-effect Current Sensors Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the global hall-effect current sensors market for the historical period 2018–2019 and the forecast period 2020–2030, government efforts to boost the electronics industry and the telecommunication sector, and rise in use of technologically advanced consumer electronic devices are factors expected to boost the global hall-effect current sensors market during the forecast period
- In terms of revenue, the global hall-effect current sensors market is expected to cross a value of US$ 1.8 Bn by 2030, expanding at a CAGR of ~7% during the forecast period
Government Efforts to Boost Electronics Industry: A Key Driver
- Governments of various countries worldwide are taking efforts to propel the hall-effect current sensors industry, owing to significant opportunities in terms of job creation and revenue generation in the industry
- For instance, in February 2020, the Government of India proposed a scheme to drive the production of mobile phones and electronic devices as well as their semiconductor modules and electronic components across the country
- The move by the Government of India to encourage the electronics manufacturing industry in the country is projected to drive the demand for sensors. This, coupled with increasing number of technological advancements, is expected to support growth of the global hall-effect current sensors market.
Rising Use of Technologically Advanced Consumer Electronics Devices
- The global consumer electronics industry is continuously growing as a result of growing use of advanced and smart electronic devices such as smartphones and increasing standard of living worldwide
- Companies are investing significantly in R&D activities in consumer electronics devices with people using more number of electronic devices with highly advanced features. The device size is becoming compact due to advancement in these devices. This has led to the use of a large number of sensors, especially micro-sensors and miniaturization of electronic circuits.
- Growth in the use of sensors is driving the demand for hall-effect current sensors. Increasing scope of applications of intelligent hall-effect current sensors in the industrial sector is also one of the prominent reasons for the overall growth of the hall-effect current sensors market.
- Thus, rising demand for technologically advanced consumer electronics devices is projected to have a high positive impact on the global hall-effect current sensors market between 2019 and 2030
Inconsistency in Strength of Magnetic Fields
- Normally, a hall-effect sensor detects a South Pole with the front side of the sensor. This means that the other side of the sensor will detect a North Pole. The sensors are placed alternately in the tool. External and strong magnetic fields in the surroundings of the hall-effect current sensors might cause inconsistency in the results required.
- In devices embedded with hall-effect current sensors, every single sensor of these devices detects a magnetic field in order to give an output signal. If a magnet is accidentally placed wrong on the rotor, then the sensor is unable to detect a magnetic field, as the front of the sensor is facing the North Pole of the magnet (or the back side of the sensor is facing the South Pole of the magnet).
- These inconsistencies in the strength of magnetic fields caused in the hall-effect current sensors are expected to affect the market in a negative manner during the forecast period
Hall-effect Sensors Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of providers of hall-effect current sensors have been provided in the report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies
- Key players operating in the global hall-effect current sensors market are
- Allegro MicroSystems
- Asahi Kasei Microdevice Corporation
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Infineon Technologies AG
- Kohshin Electric Corporation
- LEM Holding SA
- Melexis NV
- TDK Corporation
Hall-effect Sensors Market: Key Developments
- Key providers of hall-effect current sensors, such as Royal IHC, ABB, Allegro MicroSystems, LLC, Infineon Technologies AG, and Melexis NV are focusing on the construction of cost-effective hall-effect current sensors to attract more customers. Some other key developments in the global hall-effect current sensors market are highlighted below:
- In November 2019, Asahi Kasei Microdevices Corporation (AKM) developed the CZ-3AGx series coreless current sensors (5V input and 3V output) in addition to the CZ-3A0x series in production (3.3V input, 3.3V output, and corresponding to the UL safety standard UL61800-5-1 for industrial equipment)
- In June 2020, Allegro MicroSystems, LLC introduced an advanced hall-effect current sensor with accurate 400 kHz Current Sensor IC with 5 kV isolation rating. Enabling more efficient power conversion in higher frequency switching applications, the ACS37002 has 400kHz sensing bandwidth up to 180 A with low offset and better than 1% typical total accuracy over the full -40°C to 150°C auto temperature range.
- In the global hall-effect current sensors market report, we have discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of providers of hall-effect sensor systems. The ‘Competition Landscape’ section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and company market share analysis of key players operating in the global hall-effect current sensors market.
Hall-effect Current Sensors Market – Scope of the Report
A new study on the global hall-effect current sensors market is published by Transparency Market Research (TMR). It presents detailed information of key market dynamics, including drivers, trends, and challenges for the global hall-effect current sensors market as well as its structure. TMR’s study offers valuable information on the global hall-effect current sensors market in order to illustrate how the global market is expected to expand during the forecast period i.e. 2020–2030.
Key indicators of market growth, which include value chain analysis and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) are elucidated in TMR’s study in a comprehensive manner. This data can help readers interpret the quantitative growth aspects of the global hall-effect current sensors market.
An extensive analysis of business strategies adopted by leading market players is also featured in TMR’s study on the global hall-effect current sensors market. This can help readers understand key factors responsible for growth of the global hall-effect current sensors market. In this study, readers can also find specific data on avenues for qualitative and quantitative growth of the global hall-effect current sensors market. This data would guide market players in making apt decisions in the near future.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Study on Hall-effect Current Sensors Market
- What would be the Y-o-Y growth trend of the global hall-effect current sensors market between 2020 and 2030?
- What is the influence of changing trends in technology on the global hall-effect current sensors market?
- Would North America continue to be the most dominant regional market for providers of hall-effect current sensors in the next few years?
- Which factors would hinder the global hall-effect current sensors market during the forecast period?
- Which are leading companies operating in the global hall-effect current sensors market?
A unique research methodology is utilized by TMR to conduct comprehensive research on the global hall-effect current sensors market and arrive at conclusions on future growth prospects for the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the conclusions drawn.
Secondary research sources referred to by analysts during production of the report on the global hall-effect sensors market include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, World Bank database, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and market white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers who have contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the global hall-effect current sensors market as a primary research source.
These primary and secondary sources provided exclusive information during interviews, which served as a validation from leading players operating in the global hall-effect current sensors market. Access to an extensive internal repository as well as external proprietary databases allowed this report to address specific details and questions about the global hall-effect current sensors market with accuracy. The study also uses a top-down approach to assess the numbers for each segment and a bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in making TMR’s estimates on future prospects for the global hall-effect current sensors market more reliable and accurate.
Hall-effect Current Sensors Market – Segmentation
TMR’s study on the global hall-effect current sensors market divides the market based on output type, technology, sensing current range, and end-use industry, and region. Changing market trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with segments of the global hall-effect current sensors market have been discussed in detail in TMR’s study.
Sensing Current Range