Hair Transplant Instruments Market: Introduction
Hair transplantation is the most widely performed esthetic surgical procedure. It is the only alternative method to recover hair loss in some hair diseases such as genetic hair loss or cicatricle alopecia. Hair loss is among the most common dermatologic condition. It is considered a benign condition. It has cosmetic consequences and could be a source of major distress in a number of patients. Hair transplantation can be performed in secondary or stable cicatricial alopecia depending on the characteristics of the scar and according to the adequate donor site. Hair transplantation is a procedure that is possible under local anesthesia. Follicular unit transplantation (FUT) has transformed hair transplantation from a cosmetically unpredictable procedure to one that can produce consistently natural results. The key to its effectiveness lies in the fact that scalp hair tends to grow in tiny bundles, called follicular units.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Hair Transplant Instruments Market Report
Key Drivers of Global Hair Transplant Instruments Market
Rise in Number of Surgical Hair Transplant Procedures
In normal human beings, the total number of scalp hair is 100,000 or more. Hair grows at the rate of 1 cm to 2 cm every month. The duration of the anagen phase is 2 years to 4 years, while that of the telogen phase is 100 days. Approximately 40 to 100 hairs are shed daily; this rate increases in late summer and early autumn, and decreases in late winter or early spring, due to the effects of temperature. An autosomal dominant genetic linkage is believed to cause hair loss. Male pattern baldness could begin in the teens, and becomes more common with age. It is known that the male hormone, testosterone, gets converted to another male hormone, 5-dihydroxytestosterone (5-DHT), in the hair follicles.
Increase in Geriatric Population
The world’s older population continues to grow at an unprecedented rate. Presently, 8.5% of people across the world i.e., 617 million, are aged 65 and over. According to a new report, An Aging World: 2015, the percentage is projected to increase to nearly 17% of the world’s population by 2050 i.e., 1.6 billion. According to the National Institutes of Health, the U.S.’s 65-and-over population is anticipated to nearly double in the next three decades, from 48 million to 88 million by 2050. The global population of the oldest old people aged 80 and older is expected to more than triple between 2015 and 2050, increasing from 126.5 million to 446.6 million. The oldest old population in some countries in Asia and Latin America is likely to quadruple by 2050.
North America to Account for Major Share of Global Hair Transplant Instruments Market
- North America is projected to account for major share of the global hair transplant instruments market during the forecast period. The market in North America is anticipated to grow at a rapid pace in the near future, primarily due to developed health care infrastructure and continuous research activities in developing advanced technologies.
- The hair transplant instruments market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period. This can be attributed to rise in trend of preventive health care measures in the region.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Hair Transplant Instruments Market, Ask for a Customized Report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global hair transplant instruments market is highly consolidated, due to presence of small number of key players. Several manufacturers hold major share in the market in their respective regions. Leading players operating in the global hair transplant instruments market are:
- Bernstein Medical
- Ethics Hair Instruments
- Restoration Robotics
Global Hair Transplant Instruments Market: Research Scope
Global Hair Transplant Instruments Market, by Type
- Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT)
- Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE)
Global Hair Transplant Instruments Market, by Site of Transplant
Global Hair Transplant Instruments Market, by Therapy
- Platelet Rich Plasma
- Ravage 670 Laser
- Laser Cap
Global Hair Transplant Instruments Market, by End-user
Global Hair Transplant Instruments Market, by Region
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.