Hair Scissors Market – Introduction
- Hair scissors are a cutting tool designed with two cross blades, specifically for cutting hair. They are also known as hair shears, barber shears, and hairdressing shears. Different types of hair scissors such as thinning scissors, texturizing shears, and swivel scissors are available in the market. Rising number of salons worldwide is helping in the growth of the hair scissors market worldwide.
Key Drivers of the Hair Scissors Market
- Hair scissors help to achieve better cuts, reduce strain, and improve efficiency. Also, they are made with top quality metal and do not fall apart easily, thus are safe and durable. Further, they do not require high maintenance and are easy to clean. These factors increase the demand for hair scissors in the market.
- The change in lifestyle of consumers and increasing demand for hairstyling is helping in the growth of the hair scissors market. Further, rapid growth of online distribution channels and increase in online shopping is expected to enhance the demand for hair scissors in the coming years.
Factors Restraining the Hair Scissors Market
- Outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic affected the growth of the hair scissors market worldwide. Salons and parlors were closed due to lockdown and other restrictions imposed by several countries, which decreased the demand for hair scissors. Also, manufacturing units halted their activities which delayed the production of hair scissors.
Asia Pacific to Hold Leading Share of the Global Hair Scissors Market
- In terms of region, the global hair scissors market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- Country and sub-region level analysis of North America features the U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America. Analysis and forecast of the hair scissors market in Europe includes markets across the U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. Similarly, Asia Pacific includes India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. Middle East & Africa includes the market analysis and forecast of GCC, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa. The hair scissors market in South America is segmented into Brazil and Rest of South America.
- Asia Pacific dominated the global hair scissors market in 2020, due to rise in urban population in the region. Increasing population has been driving the hair scissors market in Asia Pacific, particularly in India, China, and Japan.
- The hair scissors market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace, followed by North America, and Europe during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the Hair Scissors Market
The global hair scissors market is highly competitive, owing to the presence of several global and regional players. Major players are adopting various strategies such as regional expansion and product portfolio expansion to consolidate their position in the market. A few key players operating in the global hair scissors market are:
- Hair Tools
- KAMISORI INC.
- MATTECK MATSUZAKI Co, Ltd
- SAKI SHEARS
- MIZUTANI SCISSORS MFG CO.,LTD
- Excellent Shears,
- TOKOSHA CO., LTD.
- Kai Corporation and Kai Industries Co., Ltd.
- Kenchii Beauty
Global Hair Scissors Market: Research Scope
Global Hair Scissors Market, by Product
- Haircutting Shears
- Texturizing Shears
- Thinning Scissors
- Long-bladed Barber Scissors
- Short-bladed Cutting Scissors
- Left-handed Scissors
- Others (Swivel Scissors, etc.)
Global Hair Scissors Market, by End-users
Global Hair Scissors Market, by Price
Global Hair Scissors Market, by Distribution Channel
- E-commerce Websites
- Company Owned Websites
- Specialty Store
Global Hair Scissors Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!