Global Hair Loss Treatment Products Market: Introduction
- Baldness generally refers to excessive hair loss from a person’s scalp. Hereditary hair loss with age is considered to be the most common cause of baldness. Some people prefer to let their hair loss run its course unhidden and untreated. There are various causes of hair fall, and various treatments for hair fall. Hair loss treatment products prevent further hair loss and restore growth.
Key Drivers of Global Hair Loss Treatment Products Market
- Changing patterns of lifestyle, increasing stress levels due to adoption of hectic schedules which thereby results in frequent hair loss at an earlier age among the young population, increasing disposable income, and increasing emphasis on appearance, are the major factors driving the hair loss treatment market
- Causes of hair loss such as heredity, extreme stress, or shock to the body, toxic substances including chemotherapy, radiation therapy, some medications, and medical conditions boost the growth of the global hair loss treatment products market
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Hair Loss Treatment Products Market Report
- According to MedlinePlus, both men and women tend to lose hair thickness as they age. This type of baldness is not usually caused by a disease. It is related to aging, heredity, and changes in the testosterone hormone. Inherited or pattern baldness affects more men than women. About 80% of men show signs of male pattern baldness by age 70.
- Rising demand for hair loss treatment products, increasing patient population, rise in research and developmental activities in health care, rising geriatric population, and increasing adoption of hair care products are key factors boosting the global hair loss treatment products market
- However, the presence of various alternate treatment options for hair loss, including laser hair therapy, hair transplant surgery, and light-based therapies are anticipated to restrain the global hair loss treatment products market during the forecast period
Strategies Adopted by Key Players to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- Companies operating in the global hair loss treatment products market are focused on catering to the needs of the medical community as well as patient pool by introducing new products and technologies. Leading players emphasize on research and developmental activities and engage in acquisitions, mergers, and collaborations to strengthen their position in the global market.
- For instance, in November 2019, Exicure, Inc., a pioneer in gene regulatory and immunotherapeutic drugs utilizing spherical nucleic acid (SNA) technology, announced that Allergan’s wholly owned subsidiary, Allergan Pharmaceuticals International Limited, and Exicure, Inc. have entered into a global collaboration agreement to discover and develop novel treatments for hair loss disorders based on Exicure’s proprietary SNA technology.
- In May 2018, Histogen, Inc., a regenerative medicine company focused on stimulating the body's stem cells to regenerate tissues and restore youthful function, received approval of its Investigational New Drug (IND) application from the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to study its lead product in female diffuse hair loss.
- In March 2016, Aclaris Therapeutics, Inc., a clinical stage specialty pharmaceutical company, announced that it has entered into an agreement with the stockholders of Vixen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Vixen) to acquire all of the stock of Vixen. As a result of this transaction, Aclaris acquired worldwide rights to intellectual property licensed to Vixen by Columbia University, covering the use of certain Janus Kinase (JAK) inhibitor compounds for the treatment of alopecia areata, androgenetic alopecia, and other dermatological conditions.
- Developing economies present lucrative opportunities to the global hair loss treatment products market, owing to extensive changes in lifestyle patterns, increase in patient population, rising geriatric population, surge in the prevalence of hair loss conditions, and rise in research and development activities in these economies
North America to Account for a Major Share of Global Hair Loss Treatment Products Market
- North America is projected to account for a leading share of the global hair loss treatment products market during the forecast period, due to rise in patient population, increasing changes in lifestyle, rise in hair loss, increasing aging population, increase in research & development activities, availability of well-established health care infrastructure, continuous technological advancements, rise in the number of well-equipped laboratories, and presence of key players in the region
- The hair loss treatment products market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, due to increasing prevalence of hair loss, growing geriatric population, rising patient population, increasing awareness, expanding health care sector, and rising interest of key players in expanding their presence in the market in the region
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Hair Loss Treatment Products Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Hair Loss Treatment Products Market
Leading players in the global hair loss treatment products market are focusing on research and development activities and technological advancements. Their competitors are also emphasizing on various growth strategies including mergers, acquisitions, product advancements, new product approvals and launches, partnerships, and collaborations. Leading players operating in the global hair loss treatment products market are:
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Aclaris Therapeutics, Inc.
- Concert Pharmaceuticals
- Daiichi Sankyo Company, Limited
- GlaxoSmithKline plc.
- HCell Inc.
- Histogen Inc.
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc.
Global Hair Loss Treatment Products Market: Research Scope
Global Hair Loss Treatment Products Market, by Product Type
- Shampoos and Conditioners
- Supplements and Vitamins/ Medicine Product
- Serum & oil
Global Hair Loss Treatment Products Market, by Disease Type
- Alopecia Areata
- Cicatricial Alopecia
- Traction Alopecia
- Alopecia Totalis
- Alopecia Universalis
- Androgenetic Alopecia
Global Hair Loss Treatment Products Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hypermarkets and Supermarkets
- Medical/Pharmacy Stores
- Departmental Stores
- Convenience Stores
Global Hair Loss Treatment Products Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.