Hair Conditioner Market: Introduction
- Hair conditioner is a hair care product used to improve the feel and appearance of hair. One of the main features of hair conditioner is to reduce friction between strands of hair that allow smoother brushing or combing. Some of the other benefits include hair repair, strengthening, and a reduction in split ends. Hair conditioners are available in a broad range of forms which include viscous liquids, creams, gels, thinner lotions, and sprays. Hair conditioner is usually used after hair wash and is applied into the hair, and may either be washed out a short time later, or left in.
Key Drivers of the Global Hair Conditioner Market
- Increasing number of working women is propelling the demand for hair conditioners as it helps to deal with unmanaged hair. Growing adoption of hair conditioners among women as they have become beauty conscious and focus on skin care and grooming products, in turn boosts the hair conditioner market globally.
- Increasing pollution around the world and busy lifestyles have led to rising adoption of numerous personal care products, especially hair care and skin care products. Additionally, increasing adoption of hair conditioners by the younger generation is one of the major factors propelling the growth of the global hair conditioner market.
- Chemical treatments have become popular to alter the style, texture, and color of a user’s hair. Several skin and hair care products, such as dyes and bleaching solutions, are made of a combination of chemicals in varying concentrations. Consumers continue to look for effective products that can repair damaged hair and also stimulate the growth of new and healthy hair. Hair conditioners that make strong claims about repairing hair damage are emerging as valuable additions to consumer hair care regimens. The COVID-19 outbreak has significantly influenced consumer spending on skincare, hair care, and other personal care products. The pandemic will increase consumer interest in natural ingredient-based hair conditioner products.
Factors Restraining the Global Hair Conditioner Market
- Lack of awareness regarding solutions for hair issues such as frizzy hair, dry, and unmanageable hair among the population in emerging countries which can restrict a consumer from spending on hair care products, is a major factor that may hinder the growth of the hair conditioner market in rural areas.
Market in Asia Pacific to Expand Rapidly
- In terms of region, the global hair conditioner market can be divided into North America (NA), Europe (EU), Asia Pacific (APAC), Middle East & Africa (MEA), and South America (SA)
- North America country-level analysis features the U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America. Analysis and forecast of the hair conditioner market in Europe includes markets across the U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. Similarly, Asia Pacific includes India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. Middle East & Africa includes the hair conditioner market analysis and forecast of GCC countries, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa. The South America hair conditioner market is segmented into Brazil, and Rest of South America.
- North America accounted for largest share of the global hair conditioner market due to the increasing awareness and preference for luxury personal care brands. Factors such as consumer knowledge and increasing awareness about natural and organic haircare products is driving the growth of the hair conditioner market in North America.
- The hair conditioner market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand rapidly during the forecast period due to the extensive usage of the product in countries such as China and South Korea. Consumers in this region follow intensive skincare routines which drives the sale of skincare products largely. Hence, companies in the region are influenced to undertake continuous product innovation, contributing to the growth of the hair conditioner market in the Asia Pacific region.
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
Manufacturers of hair conditioners are focusing on becoming more proficient and developing advanced products with organic ingredients which will enhance their competitive advantage and market share globally. Improving economic conditions in developing countries is offering huge scope for beauty & skincare product manufacturers. Hair conditioner manufacturers face major challenges in terms of rising demand and cost competition.
A few of the key players operating in the global hair conditioner market are:
- Forest Essentials
- Honasa Consumer Pvt. Ltd. (Mamaearth)
- Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc.
- Kao Corporation
- L’Oreal S.A.
- Oriflame Cosmetics Global SA
- Procter & Gamble
Global Hair Conditioner Market: Research Scope
Global Hair Conditioner Market, by Type
Global Hair Conditioner Market, by Form
- Thinner Lotions
Global Hair Conditioner Market, by End-user
Global Hair Conditioner Market, by Pricing
Global Hair Conditioner Market, by Distribution Channel
- E-commerce Portal
- Company Owned Portal
- Large Format Stores
- Specialty Stores
- Others (Small Stores, etc.)
Global Hair Conditioner Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report on the global hair conditioner market is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various factors on market segments and regions.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.